Manga Storytime: Soil v1

In honour of the manga being fully translated at last after all these years of being a ded project, I'll post the first volume of Soil.

Basic premise: A family of three disappears one night in the town of Soil and two detectives are called in to investigate. But the more they investigate, the more baffling the case becomes. Everything from the vanished victims, the town residents, and even the town itself starts not quite making sense to the point where their sanity becomes threatened.

Give it a read if you like paranormal mystery/suspense stories. Only 11 volumes long.

Other urls found in this thread:

hoxtranslations.blogspot.com/2017/04/soil-v11-last-updated-apr-25.html
mega.nz/#F!owFzlJLL!AJYiRy2HvFSNyWjeVrTetQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think I need to reread the whole series or something, because I didn't really understand what the fuck happened at the end. What was up with Yokoi and the fat girl still existing elsewhere?

I made a long post explaining most of the major mysteries, including the meaning of the epilogue, for people who were confused.

hoxtranslations.blogspot.com/2017/04/soil-v11-last-updated-apr-25.html

But I'd still recommend just re-reading the series from the beginning. Easier to understand everything that way.

Kotonoha finally finished it?

Kotonoha died like... 3 years ago. And they stopped working on Soil 5 years ago.

>fully translated
A dream come true, thank you Hox

Soil was amazing, I'll give it 3 months or so and reread it. It's absolutely my kind of urban fantasy.

Oh, if anyone wants a dl for all volumes: mega.nz/#F!owFzlJLL!AJYiRy2HvFSNyWjeVrTetQ

i'm intrigued, can't read tonight but dling for later

I really liked it when it was some x-files/twin peaks story then it really jumped the gun like I am Hero.

Yeah, I can understand some people not liking the story breaking away with reality more and more as the plot progressed. If you don't mind it, though, I think it works well enough within the manga's logic because the readers are literally seeing how reality is becoming more and more warped to the point that even aliens are just popping up without reason.

For that reason, it's hard for me to say that it jumped the gun. It seems pretty clear that this was what the author intended from the beginning, rather than the author just jumping for CRAZY things for the sake of being crazy and pull reader-interest.

Onoda a qt

Dunno why she's "ugly" in the story

Storytimes are the best. Thanks Hox.

i love u hox

HOLY FUCK I LOVED WHAT I READ OF THIS YEARS AGO BUT THE PROJECT WAS DEAD SO I FORGOT ABOUT IT AND NOW IT'S FINISHED?

FUCKING THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS TO MY ATTENTION.

Get reading, buddy.

This story kinda reminds me of The Shadow over Innsmouth, except with fewer frog mutant men.

Hox you are a treasure