Would it be better if I start watching Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?

would it be better if I start watching Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?
which one is better?
it's hard to choose
I don't know if I would like to watch two series, because there are 200 episodes
most of Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 episodes were made when manga was not written
tell me how does it look
is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood remake of 2003 version? how many episodes are the same as older serie?

If you care at all about watching the 2003 FMA, then do it first. Brotherhood is a remake, yes.

The major events of the first half of the 2003 anime translate to the first 13 episodes of Brotherhood. This is because 03 version had some filler and Brotherhood was speeding through early material.

There also isn't 200 episodes combined, not even close. Where the fuck did you get that?

Imo I would watch 2003 up to where it diverges from the manga then go to brotherhood. That said you can just watch all of 03 if you want to finish it.

Watch 03 first, wait a bit and the.n watch Brotherhood.

Watch them in the order they were made.
Does chronology mean nothing to you people any more?

2003 has original content right off the bat. It then diverges more and more. The Shamballa movie is 2003's ending.
Brotherhood follows the manga very closely from beginning to end.
Both are good.
The Milos movie is original. It is good too.

03 is better, mindless MALtards who think "following manga is better" prefer Brotherhood, but if you want a story with depth in its themes and characters stick to the original.

03 and Brotherhood aren't very consistent with each other. Don't just "switch" after a certain point. You'd be better off just seeing the whole t03 series through and making up your own mind about it or just simply watching Brotherhood.

Watch Brotherhood, ignore 2003.

FMA 2003 fucking sucks. The producers wanted to cash in on the manga before it was over (as usual) and half-assed a shit fucking story out of it. It makes NO sense in terms of consistency within itself, because it breaks established rules about alchemy. And the WW2 shit at the end is fucking retarded as fuck.

Avoid it. Ignore the retards who say it's better. They are trolls and faggots.

6:1 for watching 03 and Brotherhood after

Watch brotherhood if you want to be satisfied with what you will finish.

Watch 03 if you want to finish a series with a clusterfuck of more questions

Meh. I guess 03 first. Then watch FMAB. Then read the manga.

>Brotherhood was speeding through early material
they rushed the whole series if you ask me

If you plan to watch both, watch 2003 first. Its good, but if you watch brotherhood you will most likely come to hate it. I watched both within a 72 hour timespan, I went from liking 2003 to thinking it was the dumbest shit ever after watching brotherhood.

If you only plan to watch one, then watch brotherhood.

Watch the first 13 episodes of Brotherhood then just watch the second half of '03 FMA. You'll get the best story that way

The greed fight in the 2003 series is the pinnacle of either shows

Brotherhood. 2003 does a few things right (that funeral, butcher origin) but for every one thing it gets right it royally fucks up ten. A large portion of the first few arcs are filler of varying quality and when the show does get back on its "plot" it flounders all over the place because it was playing piggyback to the manga at the time. Then for some reason Bones went crazy in the latter half and wrote the worst plot, villain and finale and then coupled it with an equally bullshit movie that makes just as little sense.

If you had to spend your time watching one go with Brotherhood. While some would argue it feels rushed, what it is is cohesive and I would much rather have a cohesive show whose pacing is consistent albeit a little fast to one that makes no sense and meanders for roughly 2/3 of its episode count. tl;dr

As a lover of 2003 I'd say watch that then conquerer of shambala then wait a week or so then hop into brotherhood. I really think they are both great 03 does some things better than brotherhood. But you'll probably enjoy brotherhood more.

2003's versions of Elric brothers > Brotherhood Elric brothers

If you read the manga you can jump straight into Brotherhood, but if you're completely new to FMA start with 2003 and then go into Brotherhood. Brotherhood actually assumes you watched 2003 or read the manga so it rushes the stuff that 2003 covered

Well hello there user. I'am as well just marathoning FMA
I say watch Brotherhood first since it's basically what FMA story is intended to
2003 is basically just a filler

>Brotherhood is a remake, yes.
actually no, they are both adaptions of the same source material, except one of them diverts after a point
it would be like saying the netflix deatnote movie is a remake of the liveaction japanese deathnote movie, even though both of them are based on the anime/manga instead

Brotherhood didn't know what it wanted to be. Playing it safe, it geared itself to "formulaic shounen." There's some great characters, story, and scenes, but 90% of brotherhood is nothing more than a typical, done to death shounen.

Watch 2003 until the point the brothers go visit their teacher, then switch to Brotherhood. From that point on the manga wasn't done yet, so the 2003 series diverges into OC territory.