Overlord

Why did this get so popular? the anime is shit, the manga is mediocre and the novels are basic as hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/a-wild-last-boss-appeared/
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=144017
ncode.syosetu.com/n2211cx/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because I like isekai? I love edge? It's really simple.

>anime is shit, the manga is mediocre
No. Both are average. Some moments are so-so and some moments are good.
>and the novels are basic as hell
What does this even mean?

Age old question of why other people like stuff I don't like. Is this autism?

You tell me.

Reminder

I hate albedo, better off if they kill her.

Shut up petanko airlines, you've got dragons to manage.

We've just had a thread yesterday, there's not much to talk about until movies are released.

She's plotting her own death, it wont take long. Don't worry too much about that side bitch.

Because Goat-chan did an excellent job of waifubaiting.

How can one rate the manga higher than the anime ?

Manga is not as rushed as the anime.
Also - better designs.

Reminder

>SKAOG Adventurers are up and running
>Leinas could not secure any intel from Empire as bargaining chip to appeal to Ainz
>Decides to go to SKAOG anyway and try her chances
>Arrives in E-Rantel, notifies Lich bureaucrats and asks for a job
>News reach Ainz, one of Four Knights seek employment under him
>Personally visits Adventurers pit and orders Hamsuke to evaluate Leinas fighting power
>They're equal: end up pretty wounded after a battle
>"Umu, you would do well as an instructor for my Adventurers"
> "It won't do to discuss terms of your contracts while you're hurt from battle"
>"Pestonya, please heal both combatants"
>Pestonya detects a curse and mixes in a spell to remove it
>Leinas 404
>"Now let us discuss terms of the contract, what would you like as a reward for your service on top of a regular sala...why are you crying? S-stop trying to kiss my feet!"

Maruyama better off putting some sweet adventure guild update in Vol.12. I will be very sad with him otherwise!

>vol12
>vol13
>S2
>2017-2018
There would probably be some side-stories and Drama CDs that typically cover that type of content.

>Leinas starts chasing the Bone
How would the bitch duo (Albedo and Shalltear) react?

Why must time be always my enemy ?

Also: should we expect some extras with movie BD?
Drama CD or side story maybe?
She'd be busy with her job and working through the Death Note.

N-sama deliver lies today!

I don't believe that crap either.

cause its interesting.

You mean Nigel?
You're talking about how he translated that what-if from the author?
It made me sad. Just like that fanfic about Evileye and Ainz
Everything is at the usual place

Holy shit, PDL nuke seems very potent.
>inb4 headcanon time and powerlevel wars

This is Inberun.
You might not like it, but this is how top performance mosquito looks like.

The previous plan was to release vol12 by Aug and vol13 by Dec, right?.

So Shalltear survives a nuclear blast. Can she regen somehow? No spells, no items left

Provided she still has her lance - she can lifesteal, but that would imply getting close and personal to PDL who could probably one-shot her in a melee in her current sad state.
IDK if her [Regeneration] is uses per day type of skill or it consumes mana, she should be able to use skills that do not consume mana.
That is if PDL Wild Magic nuke doesn't interfere with Yggdrasil magic and skills, rendering any game entity mute.

Yes, I think it's safe to assume that both releases would shift by 1 month.
But that would place vol13 dangerously close to Chinese New Year, don't know how it can affect the release date if at all.

>Powerlevel wars
Nah, i am tired of those. It just made me a little more curious about wild magic, or rather about it's limitations.

Like, if it's so powerful why did the true dragon lords suffered so much at the hands of the greed kings?
We know from volume 9(fluder dialogue and intermission) that it requires souls, which are implied to work like exp.
So how much that nuke costed PDL?
Wild magic is crippling as a long-term weapon compared to high level Yggdrasil magic?
How do true dragon lords fare against the players without using it?
We know that exp casting was also a thing in YGGDRASIL, like Ainz strongest summons and wish upon a star. Are these kind of abilities more powerful than the wild magic?
I simply want to read a new volume.

We have no idea. And Ainz have no idea too. If he get wind of this wild magic, and someone that can cast it, chances are he would make a beeline to that location.

>Like, if it's so powerful why did the true dragon lords suffered so much at the hands of the greed kings?
PDL didn't fight them and he had time to prepare.
>So how much that nuke costed PDL?
100 years of XP?

>I simply want to read a new volume.
We all do user.

Nazarick Orphanage is currently underway, the question is, where will it be built?

How long will it take for the kids to start disappearing when Entoma or Solution are around.

In WN PDL had to sacrifice his country to off Shalltear.

I want albedo to sit on my face

I want to hug Clem

>shalltear utterly and absolutely BTFO by one long range move

There were 8 of them so they just heal each other and maybe only players can use that inventory dimension.

Atleast we know it does not count as fire damage and also shalltear is immune to them. It seems different undead have different weakness. That would explain why ainz casted true dark against her during his play.

She's a holy warrior, probably a class disadvantage

Maybe Dragon Lord fire just pierces fire immunity?

Maybe it's not even considered fire dmg, or any other kinds of dmg in Ygg.

>Toadmam Bard

She'll be back right?

>Shounen = Auto-hit

It's a decent take on the evil demon lord idea. All other isekai with that premise try to be clever or pussy out early on.

anyone here read
novelupdates.com/series/a-wild-last-boss-appeared/

3 more weeks

Imagine the Dragon Lords reaction when Ainz cripples their offensive power.
>Dragon Lords sacrifice their country to launch a mega attack at Ainz
>Albedo takes the hit and transfers it to her armor
>gets out unscathed
>Ainz: 1 down, 2 to go, who else wants to try?

>5 chapters

I don't think Yggdrasil skills would work well against that attack.
It looks like [pure] type of damage, bypassing the defenses.
Ainz would be better off tanking it with Gargantua, who supposedly has the largest HP pool.

Looking into the manga instead.

its almost like gender bender overlord

>“Friends of yours, Your Majesty?”
>Jircniv had no way of answering Ainz’s question.
>This was no simple question.
>It was a test of his intentions.
>Would he lie to protect the people of the Theocracy, or sell them out, as a friend of the Sorcerous Kingdom?
>It was such a malicious scheme that Jircniv began feeling nauseous.
>That emotionless skull looked like it was twisted by evil.
>It must be mocking him, Jircniv, who could not speak.
>“What’s wrong? El-Nix ―no, Jircniv-dono. You look pale. Are you unwell?”
>The fact that he sounded genuinely concerned first disgusted, and then terrified him.
>He felt like a small animal, squirming within a loving hand.
>As a human being, it was only natural to feel that terror wrapped up in that joy.

>YWN squirm within a loving Ainz hand

>genderbending

I wonder what happened to GBAnon. He should be all over this.

Because under usual Isekaishit

>It's about an average japanese salaryman managing an orphanage where the kids were abandoned by his past friends. Now that they're forced to move to a new place, he's struggling with the change and hardships, all the while he has to maintain the image of a dependable support pillar in front of his kids.

And not about self insert person overcompensating his inferiority complex.

>OC

>greentext
Best Overlord summary ever.

Heard the translation stopped because the author heard foreigners were translating it and went into a shame-induced coma.

What?

why are u surprised we're still getting infested with generals?

I'm not against them, it's just too soon.
But oh well: at least there is some fresh content from the author.

The author found out about the translation and went into a hikki-fit, begged the team to stop translating it. Just what I heard, not sure how true it is.

Was he concerned that his cringy novel would spread to the rest of the world or is there profit involved?

There's only one answer
KOTAE WA DOKO EEEEEEE IEEEE IEEEEE SAGASHITEEEEEEEE IEEEE IEEEEEEEE

The former is what I read and as it's a web novel that's far more likely then the latter.

What a fag.

WHERE'S MY SOUL

Again, don't know if it is true, but it's the explanation I got for why the translations stopped.

I remember that someone said that Nigel and some others rewrote chapters 1 to ?.
Is this true? I want to read it all over again but I would love to have the most up to date translations.

Maybe there's some extra heavy chauvinism and racism involved?
I hear nip media get shit from west for belittling women in their works.
Maybe he was afraid to be targeted for doxxing?

It's on MEGA but somehow I like previous versions more.
Sasuga Nigel-dono and all that, but sometimes there are a sentence missing or a pronoun is wrong so overall F(inal) versions of PDF are a bit more confusing than previous ones.
To the point I often opened confusing parts side to side when re-reading.

depending on how the anime handles volume 4 i could safely say the manga is better than the anime

>―What did he say about partisans appearing? The heck? Why would a large amount of weapons appear all of a sudden?
>The first part was completely unrelated to the second.
>He had the feeling that he had gotten something wrong somewhere.
>Since the game had nothing to do with Yggdrasil, he had lost interest halfway.
>However, they should have been vaguely related, at least.
>He was probably talking about some kind of betrayal.
>Or maybe it was some form of player slang, huh… Partisans… seems to be a kind of polearm.
>So, when he talked about weapons being sold in large quantities, he was talking about a reason to fight?
>Citizen levies, maybe? Hm? Maybe they’re fighting the new ruler, but that would be an uprising, right?
>Then it should have just been called a rebellion from the beginning.
>Why partisans? Well, it doesn’t matter anyway…

What are the chances of people using guerilla or other unorthodox methods to resist Ainz rule on occupied territories, the one that wouldn't rely on direct confrontation?
Something like a IRL DDoS "Earth People" tried on Shiro's guild in Log Horizon.

Exactly! I got the same problem. What are the proofreaders doing? At least I know now that I have the correct version to read.

I dunno, but from what I've seen of the manga it's among the least objectionable isekais out there, so I can't see why.

I remember seeing that around when the anime was out, but I remember it having a fair amount of the translation out. Did I misremember or did it get taken down or what.

Guerilla tactics rely more or less on the enemy giving a shit about innocent lives. Ain't very effective against evil skeleton lords.

Eh, maybe he's really, really shy.
It's one thing to have like 15k people read it on syosetu and another to have it slowly spread to the west.

>giving a shit about innocent lives.
Ainz gives a shit about his PR.
What if they choose attack vector that would put a wedge between ethnical and racial unity of SKAOG?
Falseflags & riots and shit.
If used on a massive enough scale - even Nazarick NSA would get swamped.
DDoSing bureaucracy and commerce with loopholes in legal system is another way.

More likely he fear gaijins that dislike the novel would flame and make fun of him. He probably be able to take negative shit on 2chan, since he understand what they are saying.

>Latest release date: 9/03/17
Huh?
Isn't it still getting slowly translated?

>first two week after fresh Overlord volume release
>2ch and 4ch stealing content from each other
>"Guys they're talking about us over there" - posts

I don't think that's a problem after the advent of google translate.

Yea, my point is that I remember it having a fair amount of translations about 2 years ago cause that's when I started looking for niche WN/LN to read.
Maybe I'm mis-remembering though.

>about two years ago
>year 2017
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=144017
Myabe that was a different WN?

>Peroronchino monologue
It's pedo talk, right?

Isn't that just the manga? Novelupdates says it's from '15

>2ch and 4ch stealing each other stuff

Well, some of the pics we have where taken from 2ch. I did came across a few that originate from here, 1 which was mine.

Anyway, it blew over fast, since there were bigger stuff to fry.

>193 WN chapters
Well fuck me, you may be right.
But it's not on Madokami or anything.

That's the manga

>so dressed
>so hot

ncode.syosetu.com/n2211cx/
It ended not long ago.
I definitely remember the title, but maybe I confused the translation progress with something else.

I looked into it for like 10 minutes and was only able to find fresh translations of both WN and manga.
Fresh as in last 2 months.
If author convinced user to take down TL in 2015 - a very good job was done on it.