Why does anime and manga has ridiculously over the top exposition...

Why does anime and manga has ridiculously over the top exposition? It's so bizzare how it's so much different from it's western counterparts. You never see something like spider-man's sidekick narrates the battle he's fighting, explaining every action of sm and his enemy, or villain braging about how his powers work in details.

That's because you're watching shitty anime.

To fill up the screentime? Its pretty stupid

Because the nips fucking suck at storytelling.

>You never see something like spider-man's sidekick narrates the battle he's fighting
Yeah, that's right. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I don't read that trash.

Because if you don't have this kind of exposition you have frodoposters saying "why didn't this character do this?" misinterpreting fucking everything.

Then the question is why the shitty western cartoons don't do this as well? It's seems that only nips are this bad at handling exposition.

Because the viewer is too retarded to figure out what's happening on his oown

Uh user, have you ever read a Spider-Man comic book? You can have a thought bubble with the equivalent of a hamlet soliloquy amount of text that in real time passes in the blink of an eye. Comics are full of expiation like this

>Uh user, have you ever read a Spider-Man comic book?
Only a few to be honest, and they didn't have anything like that as far as i can remember.

Because it's cool?

I find it hilarious in JoJo, but in other anime's which meant to be taken seriously this seems quite out of place.

Except for shin mazinger, I don't remember having watching anime where a narrator or a secondary character narrated what's happening in my latest years watching anime

>over the top
That's a blanket statement, some have some don't. Also what you may call exposition, others may call worldbuilding. But if you compare Japanese entertainment to Western entertainment in general, you'll find that the Japanese have no problem with a lot of infodumping, a Westerner might find boring. They have no problem reading hours of texts in VNs or reading twenty-something volumes of a LN series, some manga dedicate full chapters to a pre-fight conversation as if the characters aren't about to fight but having tea and cake instead. Each has their own style of narrative but all in all, this . I prefer it to the "every word have to matter" mentality in writing.

I appreciate the worldbuilding, but what about subtlety? You can't just have characters spewing to each other how the world works, that's breaking the 4th wall.

>You can't just have characters spewing to each other how the world works
But I love it when they do that.

People tend to be fickle and cannot retain information from TV shows very well. There are two approaches to this problem.

The Western approach is don't have the info there at all

The Easter approach is to repeat the info as much as possible so that there's no possible way the viewer could miss it.

All in all the answer is ultimately "people are silly"

In case of battle anime I imagine it's an excuse for studios to make fights last longer if they don't much budget and talented staff. If the characters don't talk or narrator doesn't explain every single attack, then there should be some action happening on the screen, which takes a lot of effort and time and not many studios can afford that, so they're padding the fights with useless talk and stills cause they are unable to produce an actual action scene.

That's not that bad, they're cooperating to bring down their enemy, rather than the thing just standing there and comments on what is going on for a reader.

They are still narrating exactly what they are doing, despite we have eyes and see what they are doing

That's dialog not exposition. And shitty jokes

Dialogue and explosition aren't exclusive each other. We have shit like spidey saying "of fuck, its shredding my webs" while we see that indeed, his webs are being shredded and once more he says what he's doing when he mentions he will try webbing those things again, while he's webbing them again

This is really most of it. In addition, some writers are really bad at "show don't tell", so they need buttloads of exposition or nobody would know what the fuck is happening. And a lot of these shows are for kids, so even more so.

Spidey's telling the reader why the robot is moving, even though 1) its creator already told them (readers) that the robot is controlled by a helmet, and 2) a terrorist was holding said helmet in the previous page and saying that they (terrorists) weren't "alone anymore". Pic unrelated.

american comics really loves their internal monologues about things they are going to or are already doing

I'm going to get a lot of flak, but Kemono Friends (that show with shitty CG) actually did world building the best without having info dumps and without the "every word matters" thing. All the important info about the world was mainly shown to the viewer on the backgrounds

I read it right to left by habit and it was honestly better.

>Modern Anime and manga vs comics written at least a decade ago

Nice try fag hows this for exposition?

No wonder capeshit uses internal monologues and narration of what is being shown to cover more panels, that looks boring as shit.

Making sure even the last dumb kid understands it.

>spider-man's sidekick
What?

Looks to me like it happens for the sake of comedy like in OP's image or for shock/intensity purposes like in Shin Mazinger's narrator speaking in some episodes like in Rocket punch's debut or the first episode (Or episode zero?) where he makes a dramatic description of scenes that might happen in the future.

I honestly can't remember any anime or manga where there's constantly exposition

In old school tokusatsu, when heroes wore helmets made of random stuff found in a garage and paper mache, you kind of had to talk up what's happening on the screen to make it seem more impressive, because the special effects certainly weren't going to. A drop kick is just a display of unreasonable athleticism until you're told that it can shatter boulders.
Of course, tokusatsu isn't anime, but there's overlap both in the people making it and the audiences, some of whom would later become creators themselves (Anno being a will known example of this). Also, anime also doesn't always have the means to properly convey something purely visually either and it still serves its purpose as something that provides flavour and allows the writers to defend themselves when things go beyond common sense: "Yes, this is consistent within the world view of the show, we're not just pulling things out of our collective ass. It's already been demonstrated that this giant robot can use this tool to bend space, and that barrier is formed by a similar bending of space, so it makes sense that this tool can be used to undo that barrier by bending it in the opposite direction." Something like that.

Interestingly, modern tokusatsu doesn't actually do that much anymore and pulls shit like this with barely any explanation.

It's cool

> Blood gore and violence everywhere
> All the characters look like they're posing rather than fighting.

That dissonance bugs me so much. I know they're supposed to be hitting each other, but it doesn't look like it at all.

Like swine, Otaku will eat anything you put in front of them.

Well you're clearly lacking in comic book knowledge then. Going back to the older spideys from the 90s and earlier this shit happened. In one of craven's earliest encounters with spiderman he catches spidey in a net and parker proceeds to expound on how he's going to have to find the weakest link in it to get out. Then the editor has to pop in to explain just how only a moment actually passed in the period of the exposition. Similar shit happens all the time when there's a panel that has the result of someone attacking, usually someone nearby gives a play-by-play as to just how they reached that point.

Actually, in written fiction in general there's a lot more focus on explaining the mechanics of events in excruciating detail as well as long discussions of a character's mood and motivations in ways that often cannot be so intimately expressed in purely third person visual media.

That's hardly an argument. The fact of the matter is that there is history of it in drawn/written media, and moving away from it does not necessarily lead to a better outcome. Case in point, the garbage fire of paneling and discontinuous motion that you posted.

what the hell kind of kick is that?

That's pretty straight forward and just explaining her her neko neko knuckles work.

Nothing smart happening here, just characters blocking punches with their faces. Generic le endurance contest, or "test of muh manhood", over optimal tactics/strategy.