What's your opinion on this kind of CGI? I honestly wouldn't mind some shows on that level

What's your opinion on this kind of CGI? I honestly wouldn't mind some shows on that level.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HojfzZfXlN4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What's your opinion on this kind of CGI?
Bretty good

I don't really see the point in making/watching an anime if it's just going to try to be 3DPD.

That's the bare minimum level at which i'll accept CG in anime.

Whaaaat theee fuuuuuck?
What's this from?

This is good, even more so if you compare it to that cel shaded low fps cg from polygon pictures, or whatever ghetto studio that made berserk.

Read the filename dumb fuck

really liked it. the only reason cgi is shit 90% of the time is because studios don't give a fuck and just wanna go the cheapest route.

you don't even have to go to gantz for good cgi, 2 shows that come to mind are knights of sidonia and that mecha anime bubunki something or whatever.

this doesn't even look like anime

Anime studios just need to stop with the stupid "low fps to make it look 2d!" style. It only makes things look 2d if accompanied by heavy handmade deformation and shading frame by frame, and most full 3d anime clearly don't even attempt to do that, so just go with high framerates for fluid animation.

Post the katana scene

This one?

If you have read the manga, this movie is shit.
If you haven't read the manga, this movie is the shit.
If you don't know anything about Gantz, what did I just watched?

The one with the bald guy going ninja on the ayys

I really like it. The CGI in this movie is miles better than the shitty one used for BLAME! movie.

looks like shit, OP

This was almost hollywood tier CGI
They better make more movies

hmm can't find it in the archive.

I like this, but I wouldn't want all anime to look like that. Once in a while sure, but I don't like half assed CG in most seasonal shows.

A
FUCKING
NIPPLE

Bubuki Buranki. It's underappreciated imo.

the last gantz one

Christ that looks expensive if the entire movie is like that. What were blue-ray and dvd sales like? Cause box office was only 2mil.

2mil yen?

2.2 USD
246 mil Yen

Thats actually one of the best box offices for late night anime
But CGI is more expensive than regular 2D drawing, so yeah it needed to do more

I can hear it already.

Post Gantz fanservice webms.

I think it's pretty awesome. Can you imagine if Berserk looked like that?

You know how people shit about 'bad CG' and 'uncanny valley' shit on live action movies? Well in this case since it's all the same that jarring problem doesn't really exist.

You've gotten used to the generic anime art style that's all. Not everything looks like that thankfully.

>show

This is a movie that takes significantly more time and money to produce than a show on average

I read the manga and enjoyed the movie for what it was, a visual spectacle. Nobody expects a written masterpiece from Gantz either way, the manga is the same, crazy shit going on that's entertaining.

Anime would be considered more than a joke if all of them looked like this

Netflix also snapped it up right away so more they get money for that too.

>half assed
Are you seriously implying this sort of CG is 'half assed'?

Which is a shame, that probably means we will get less of this in the future.

Cheap cgi is bad
Cheap 2d is bad
Good cgi is good
Good 2d is bad

That's good, everyone likes working with Netflix from what I've heard.

why? I think it's the opposite.

This actually did better at the box office than Gantz
Japs dont care about good looking stuff, all they need is moeblobs

What would one need in order to watch this movie with PERFECT QUALITY?

The classic shitty 10 fps CGI
This is so bad

The fact that Seed and Seed Destiny are still Japan's favorite gundam show is eternal proof that Japan has the legendary shit taste. I'm not surprised that they like moe shit the most.

There is nothing wrong with CG of that level, especially if it is a full CG movie to begin with. Stuff like Final Fantasy Kingsglaive has the most absurdly good CG. Too bad the standard for CG in anime is just not on a level like that. Instead it's pretty basic and often clashes with the rest of the show.

Too bad the plot and characters sucked. Otherwise the CGI was good for what it was.

I had some flashback with Pts. of Authority from Linkin park.

Why those people works on gantz instead of berserk?

Because its better

>movie budget

Fucking this. When they arbitrarily lower the framerate of obviously CG stuff it just looks like they fucked up rendering it or something, not like it's hand-drawn. The only time it can look alright is if it's a CG element next to drawn elements and they sync up the framerate of the two properly.

all I heard was "Tamago Tamago Tamago Tamago... BIEEEEHY

This Gantz:O CG felt way more impressive and better than Kingslaive to me for some reason.

Just finished Ajin, and i really enjoyed it, however i dont think i enjoyed it because of the cg quality, which was not great. But the Gantz movie was great and i wish they would do the whole series.

fuck off, you're judging whole movie based on a poor quality webm?

defending that shit, jesus.

Well part of that was Squeenix hiring some of the best foreign studios, including the company who did District 9.

Webm quality is good
The anime is just shit

I read the manga and thought it was great. It's a shame they had to cut some great characters and scenes but they also did a really good job in making it accessible to new fans and cutting out some of the bad parts of the Osaka arc from the manga such as the 2 shitty vampires.

I picked up the manga after watching it

How disappointed were you when you learned you'd already watched the only good arc?

This is a parody isn't it? Please tell me it is. It can't actually be that bad.

im sorry you had to find out this way

user I

So i never followed the berserk anime, what the fuck happened?? this is food fight bad

man, the new pacific rim sure looks good

The fact that this exist is just as surprising as Trump winning presidency. It feels like I'm in the wrong dimension, this isn't my timeline man.

How can it look shittier than youtube machinimas? How can it look worse than the goddamn PS2 game? I don't understand. I mean I can understand the style looking bad but what is wrong with these animators? Why even put this shit out?

As a show progresses its budget will get worse and worse until the audience can't take it anymore.

DROIDEKAS

>PS2 cut-scene

huh, i didn't remember him fucking her.

That's anime CG done right.

Saint Seiya Legend of Sactuary would have been much better if they didn't try to force anime cartoony expressions in.

It was a dream sequence.

Bad 2d > bad cgi.
Good 2d > good cgi.

apples and oranges.

Can someone post some Appleseed webms so I can see people trash on them.

thats not bat at all honestly

Good nip TV animation is restricted to shows for little kids.

youtube.com/watch?v=HojfzZfXlN4

Shit for teenagers is cheap and not worth any additional efforts.

wtf i love cgi now

Have CGI deniers ever been btfo'd as hard as in this thread?

Everyone loves cgi, especially the Japanese.

Don't know what any of these are but they should be cgi, let's find out