What's your favourite show that will never get the recognition it deserves?

What's your favourite show that will never get the recognition it deserves?

Mine is Samurai Flamenco. Fuck you if you haven't seen it.

SF killed manglobe. Sasuga.

This was a great buddy cop series with the best bromance I've seen in a long time. The anime didn't do well since the nips have shit taste, but at least the LN is consistently putting out hype as fuck volumes that sell decently.

Medaka Box
We never got to properly see the two super meta characters in the anime. I like to imagine that Ajimu would have taken the plot for a wild deviation from the manga due to having already read the manga and wanting something new to happen

I fucking loved the buddy cop aspect, but the ridiculous amounts of fanservice killed it for me.
I just wanted it to focus on the two idiots blowing up giant robots, but no, we needed drama and waifushit.

Manglobe was already a walking corpse. At least they went out with a bang.

cool story, but what was his name?

If they made a different original series and cashed in, they could have been saved. SF was a bad investment.

Original series are a huge gamble to begin with. If they wanted to up their chances of survival, they would have snatched up a popular LN or manga. Some studios are just snake bitten.

MAL tells me it's shit so fuck whatever this is.

Except that the entire premise of the show is retarded, sure.

It's really easy. Which originals always sell? Idolshit and sportshit. Just pick your poison and wait for the money to roll in.

>Which originals always sell? Idolshit

>laughing WUGs.jpg

Manglobe fucked themselves a long time ago. When they didnt secure the deal to make world god only knows into a long running series, they knew they were dead. At least with Sam Flam people will remember them fondly.

Only if you hate fun.

>MAL
get out of here, newfag

Nice trips, Satan.

Kyousougiga.
Nigga, this is the kind of shit everyone should love.
Don't get why it didn't get recognition.

kill yourself, cancer

Was cool as a solo vigilante, turned to shit when it went all sentai

I saw it recently, it was a little batshit, but good

Probably Death Note.

The lead character being voiced by Rie killed it. She hasn't been relevant since Toradora.

It's not my absolute favorite, but I don't see much talk regarding Yu Yu. I get the series is over and the creator is doing HXH, but I'd expect to see at least a little chatter about it.

Death Note is in the top 5 of almost every normalfag that watches anime.

I don't care about whoever voiced Koto, she did an amazing job.

Tiger and bunny and ping pong the animation

Exactly my point. The fact that you immediately associate it with normalfaggotry is why I mention it.

It aired on adult swim and had a Netflix live action adaptation. There's no going back from here. It's as part of mainstream western anime culture as DBZ at this point.

>streaming newfag
Kill yourself, there are threads all the time.

once all us FAGs move on, people never get the chance to experience how great this toy commercial is

This, HO was fun as fuck.

I usually hate fanservice but I didn't mind it here. The show was so enjoyable I was to just ignore it.

Rokka no Yuusha deserves more love than it gets. It'd probably be more popular if it had a respectable budget and more seasons so it doesn't blueball you with the constant cliffhangers.

Don't forget the netflix movie.

That doesn't make much sense. Cowboy Bebop is very normalfag friendly yet if you post about how much you love it on Sup Forums only trolls and contrarians will reprimand you. Death Note is overrated.

Meant to quote

Tamayura and Shirokuma Cafe come to mind.
In my opinion, Tamayura has the best of Junichi Sato's iyashikei directing without his abysmal pacing.
Shirokuma Cafe has some really, really great character interactions and even after 50 episodes it never gets old.

Yea. The fact that people think it's overrated is why I said that. Death Note has not had the fortune of being considered a classic like Bebop. Its part of the naruto-autism era of anime and there's nothing anybody can do about that. Death Note is both underrated and overrated depending on who you ask. There are rarely people that are capable of looking past the layers of retardation that has surrounded it's popularity.

Vanguard.
No one ever makes threads for it. Yugioh gets a bunch of threads but this doesn't.

Hell none of the other card shows like Battle Spirits or Buddyfight get threads either.

garabage made for stupid amerikkkans

Reported.

I very much agree with your point about the Naruto autism era. For all it's worth, I do think that the first part of Death Note was spectacular entry-level anime and I find it baffling how some people overrate shitty adaptations like Monster.

Speaking of adaptations, X is great apocalyptic fiction and is so underrated that even the original authors shit on it.

Houkago no Pleiades

Daily Lives of Highschool boys

Name a funnier show, I dare ya

>even the original authors shit on it
Citation needed.

Gintama

Probably the sweetest love story I've ever seen.

Galaxy Angel

Shingeki no Bahamut

Absolutely this.

That was trash. Take off your nostalgia goggles.

Both seasons, with Virgin Soul being better for plot/characters and S1 being better for adventure.

Nanbaka

Air Gear

Speaking of TWGOK I always felt it deserved more recognition. It's in my top 10 mangas and definitely my favorite harem anime.

I was being facetious. CLAMP infamously abandoned the manga 3 or 4 volumes before the end.

Sabagebu was pretty hilarious.

Tiger and Bunny

Garbage ape

Another vote for SamFlam, and I'll also throw in Fafner. I guess the Hirai-face puts people off, and the original series does look dated now, but I found Fafner genuinely compelling throughout, and wish it got more attention.

>mangas