Is it just me or is comedic relief often used really poorly/inappropriately in anime?

Is it just me or is comedic relief often used really poorly/inappropriately in anime?

Is this a cultural thing? Am I just a baka gaijin?

>Person A: Look at me, I'm doing something stupid and I'm completely oblivious.
>Person B: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING REALLY STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!
Japanese humor is garbage

Having said that, most comedy is shit no matter what form of media and no matter where you are.

That was pretty funny.

>I have no sense of humour
>God, why is comedy so awful

No its not just you, ive dropped a lot of series (pretty much all shonun) that just had some stupid repetitive gag. Brotherhood is one where i can think of where it was a sentimental scene and then all of a sudden "hey im not short even though ive said this for the third time this episode!" joke out of fucking nowhere.

>character A says or does something absurd
>character B LOUDLY POINTS OUT HOW ABSURD IT IS!!!

Is it just me or is Sakura extremely sexy?

I think it has to do with how theatrical the Japanese are when it comes to the arts. It is a cultural thing

>not liking the boke/tsukomi gimmick

*Which is why you hear that stupid girly voice in rl, too[/spolier]

What did you just say about my daughter?

>Most improper! Whatever shall the emperor think?!

>extremely dramatic moment fundamental to the plot
>inappropriately interrupted by some stupid gag, effectively killing the mood entirely

EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. TIME.

Why do nips do this?

>how theatrical the Japanese are

Can you elaborate please?

Do you mean exaggerated and dramatic in their mannerisms and speech? I'm not sure that's entirely related to what OP is saying

cos you only watch shit. that is the truth, the one and only truest of truths

peace out, this was user desu

Western comedy uses strait man all the time too. You just don't notice it because it's in your language so it ends up feeling far more natural.

Nah

>character has a nosebleed when seeing an attractive girl
>character gets a big stupid over exaggerated face when another character does something cuuuhhhraaazy

straight into the garbage it goes

are you lost

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SAYING SOMETHING REALLY STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa, high quality discussion on Sup Forums

It's funny that Sup Forums doesn't understand this, because it's exactly how trolling works. The joke isn't he boke being stupid, but the tsukomi getting sucked into his idiocy and reacting to it.

Yes!

Every.

SINGLE.

TIME!

You'd have thought they'd caught on by now