Discord and censorship

>>YcpcB7w

Discord should be an open and free platform. Yes it is a private company but it should do what is in the best interest of its users. this is a solidarity group that has one purpose, show the heads of discord that the users want the platform to be open and free.

>mad when private companies do whatever they want
kys commie cuck

>111000

Kek has spoken.

We're private consumers doing what we want and speaking up for our values. It's called the free market

i'm starting to agree that there should be good, robust, public alternatives to platforms such as discord and facebook. at least then you might not have to "agree" away your privacy to a company that's probably government controlled anyway.

I can't believe a get such as this was wasted on such a shit topic

Then go use a service that doesn't censor or make your own you statist faggot

There are alternatives. IRC or Tox

i'm aware that there are. but discord is heavily promoted by reddit shills and so that's what people are using. it's a closed social media loop where reddit, google and other companies work in tandem to get people invested in proprietary, closed source, privacy violating platforms

and apparently i'm the only person in the world who has a problem with that

Sup Forums reporting in. Why was this thread linked on our board?

i wonder if half the shills even see the big picture, or were just recruited under the guise of some SJW-ish mission from god

either that or i MUST be missing something, because this seems horrifying.

As someone who has never used discord, I was under the assumption that the chat groups can be made private. Is that true?

ask yourself this; do you really want your point of view to be pushed into the darkest corners of the internet? how many people are going to seek out something thats so buried its almost invisible ?

>your point of view

i think (or thought) everyone understands propaganda, artificial culture, mass surveillance, and mass psychological and behavioral manipulation are undemocratic regardless of the veneer they come wrapped in. it's not a partisan thing.

it'll be a cold day in hell before i listen to people preach about social justice while they help pave the way toward a technological dystopia.

Thise comapnies dont owe you a platform. You are free to create your own youtube or discord if you like but there is no right to use social media

>You are free to create your own youtube or discord if you like but there is no right to use social media

except once the adoption of a platform reaches some critical mass, it's simply not possible to create a successful alternative all on your own. being promoted on a popular site like reddit gives discord an absolute advantage.

having a social media presence, a cell phone, etc. are all but mandatory if you want to be a part of society.

and if you're not a person with strong social skills, you'll be out in the cold.

There should be. The current state of affairs is functionally equivalent to the Jews owning the forum in Rome. You can't have a special interest own the public space.

there are many group chat platforms that are independent of everyone and can be used by anyone without any censorship

You are both correct
however
A) I would be willing to bet the majority of people on discord do not agree with silencing people with right wing views
B) The problem with that is things like riot have such small user platforms it makes our message harder to propagate