Actually good or a meme

actually good or a meme

S1 broadcast order and Disappearance are pretty good

why do latinos love this show so much?

A même. Now fuck off.

It's pretty good, admittedly a lot of what made it fun originally will seem pale nowadays because a huge number of other shows (light novels in particular) copied what it did but I think it still stands as a solid show. The movie will always be great at any rate.

*light novel adaptations

I hated slice-of-life before watching Haruhi. Eventually I decided to give it a try, and it ended up being my gateway into the entire genre.

Nice meme

Literally the best anime.
God tier characater development with both slow, subtle changes and sudden ones due to important plot points making for realistic and dynamic characters.
Intersting plot that skillfully combines various genres ensuring maximum variety.
Fantastic art and animation
Manages to be both faithful to the source material but also presents the content in a new fashion. Fun to watch for secondaries as well as people not knowing the LNs.

A good meme

This
>inb4 muh harem

No, it's actually terrible.

>He didn't get Haruhi
I feel sorry for you friend.

Case on point

people who watched Haruhi before other animes people who watched Haruhi after watching other animes as someone of the latter, Haruhi is a classic slapstick harem seinin slice of life anime

Upon first viewing it's shallow, but upon every rewatch you realize how many subtle details there are, along with noticing how the show is specifically arranged with both broadcast and chronological viewing in mind. Truly the greatest work the medium of anime has to offer.

>Zero arguments
>Instead resorting to muh fist anime meme
As expected of people who can't apreciate a show as good as Haruhi.

I watched it to fap to Haruhi to be frank. No regrets, it was good anyways.

This applies to Haruhi.

Meme

meme imno

I just rewatched it. Both times I watched it in the chronological order (since I dont see the point in watching it out of order). At first, I didn't really care for the show. But the rewatch was amazing. All of the little hints and foreshadowing was great. Suddenly, the show felt so much more darker and serious. Like at the first viewing, it was fun, but at the second viewing, it went kinda spooky. The characters were not actually having fun,
but just trying to protect reality (and there were times where they were in actual danger). Haruhi changing the world with his mind gave a sense of danger to it and made me feel uneasy. Koizumis secret war behind the scenes was a scary hint at what the characters don't know about. And the endless 8 felt depressing and hopeless as all hell.

>The characters were not actually having fun,
True. It's a weird setting that should lead to animosity and backstab (it kinda does, as every faction wants Kyon for themselves). But from times to times you see how the characters (Haruhi most of the time) solve their problems and start enjoying their weird situation. That was one of the main points of Disappearance and later stories, having Haruhi go from world-threatening cunt to nice leader who stimulates and cares for people.

From what I understand, the brigade members like (adult) Mikuru and Koizumi turn out to be more on the jerk side, in the novels?

Kyon gets mad at future Mikuru for withholding a lot of information and some undercover stuff happens, but for the most part the brigade members grow closer.

what order should i watch it in?
chronological or broadcast?

Meme. Found it to be complete trash that didn't live up to any of its hype, and Haruhi was just too much of an insufferable cunt for my taste.

Watch chronological then watch the movie. Actually watched the movie again last night. Love it more each time I watch it.

Also reccomend the LN's, they are a good read.

those are not mutually exclusive

I'd say broadcast, but it really depends on the person. Just pick whichever one you like.

Watch chronological. It just works better as a story that way. You get a step by step look into the world, who is who and what is at stake.

I somewhat agree, but every rewatch made me hate half of the characters more. It has great production value and a lot of the writing is good but some of the characters are really shit-tier like Kyon and Asahina. Haruhi is usually only likable if you're lonely enough to put up with literally anything (but a few moments do add a lot of value). Nyoron-chan is a meme. Yuki is okay in like three scenes. Even shit-eating-grin esper gets grating.

>Truly the greatest work the medium of anime has to offer.
Thanks for the laugh.

It opened the gate to digital,mesmerizing back then.
You missed the train, move on.

Adult Mikuru gets on Kyon's nerves cause it's very clear she's manipulating current Mikuru in a lot of ways and otherwise hiding really important information a lot of the time.

I love Haruhi but I don't think you can't appreciate it as much if you didn't watch it when it came out or when it was super huge in the anime community.