The Breaker

What's Sup Forums's general thoughts on The Breaker and The Breaker New Waves? Also do you think we will ever see a new sequel?

What the fuck does this mean?

The teacher's revenge story was fun in The Breaker. New Waves was so-so. On balance, I enjoyed Veritas' brand of crazy fighting bullshit more.

I very much enjoyed breaker.
The next series felt drawn out and I dropped it some chapters in.
If you tell me it gets good then I'll finish it.

The last arc is pretty good.

It has its moments, but it stays slow paced and a bit redundant.

I'd recommend trying to finish it when the third part comes out.

I enjoyed Breaker and New Waves. They are both good bubble gum manhwa, where you get what you expect out of it. As for part 3 the author and artist said they would do it after Trinity, but that looks a far bit off from finishing. I would love for a part 3 where the plot points get wrapped up, but at this point I'm prepared to be let down.

The Breaker was really damn fun.

New Waves felt really weird for me. All these teenagers being super martial arts geniuses in master rank while looking so fashionable weirded me out after seeing the mafia style of part 1, but then I was relieved when one of these special snowflakes went and faced one of the veterans from part one and got fucking DESTROYED.

That said, I absolutely loved the whole plot of the MC winning over the leaders of the clan he was forced to join. Really moving stuff.

The "so determined he keeps getting up OMG!" stuff got old fast

i read the breaker and loved it, but had a sneaking suspicion that this series bumped off Veritas from continuing, and have resented it because of that

because Veritas was easily top 10 shonen of its generation

I enjoyed the first part and that the ending was over half of the series was really interesting.

Dropped the second part really fast, what a blatant cash in.

>it will never be finished

Vertias had a likeable main cast but it did not generally deliver on what it could have been. Though I did enjoy it.

The Breaker was arguably perfectly-paced and self-contained very well, with many a hype moment.
New Waves was largely a joke. Too bad the authors took a break because they 'got bored' which is all their faults anyway.

I like how that chick became irrelevant. Redhead best grill.

Not really it just got bloated and wasn't as good.

Sequel sucks. Needs a better translation and scans.

The Breaker is one of the few manwha I acknowledge as great, maybe better than most of today's manga which is hardly a feat in itself. The art suffers a lot of sameface but keeps a solid style in keeping comedic expressions or serious tone in fight scenes. The plot and storytelling keeps the reader interested. The first series' climb is fantastic in how the MC's development progresses and the teacher's occupational history is kept minuscule. The supporting cast add their bit to the main characters but proves to be vital later on and the sequel. The girls are hot doujins never ever and the comedy is a minor part of the package. The characters themselves are bland and Shioon becomes a shitty mary sue in the sequel but the combat never lowers in quality. There are definitive rules in the fights yet the MC is given unstoppable determination to asspull his way out of permanent damage which leads him to be some flawless 'chosen one' but plays the naive highschool kid role pretty well. Overall, it's definitely worth a read. It's a shame that the authors are on writer's block since they're tired of writing the story so it's going to be a while until the next part comes. Their current series Trinity Wonder isn't bad but pales in comparison.

As much as I normally dislike the "super incstinctual I-learn-your-moves-instantly" type of MC who jumps from rookie to master in a flash, I did like how he turned into that by using his master's secret technique, because it helped prove why the technique was such a central plot point of part 1.

But yeah the determination crap when he was properly conscious was crap. The worst iteration of it was the fight with theold doctor guy who used needles.

>Not superior Sera
Still better than Saehee...

Never heard of it.

I kinda liked the sickle bitch who had a change of heart. Didn't feel too cheesy especially with how it ended for the guy's friends

Sera was annoying.

The Breaker and New Waves were fantastic.

The Karate Grampas were the best part of New Waves however instead of all the "Young" "cool" characters the artist/writer hyped up. The kids were the lamest part about it.

I didn't really appreciate the true heel turn for 9Arts and the frail princess girl becoming god apparently but whatever.

>I'd recommend trying to finish it when the third part comes out.

which will never happen if you read the mangaka's conclusion.

The Breaker was awesome.
New Waves was just like it's name sake. It had it's ups and downs. And it really ended on a high point with MC straight up giving up on his master. He was really trying to hold out hope but gramps death destroyed that.