Are there any other anime besides Evangelion where the author writes himself into the story?

Are there any other anime besides Evangelion where the author writes himself into the story?

Any anime by Okada

But Evangelion was about me, what the hell you talking about.

It's the whole point of Shirobako

>In the end, he used her as an outlet of lust to soothe himself...

So that's why Shinji was the worst.

Only the direct words of Anno seem right in that picture. The rest is your shipper wish fulfilment, implying the Card Game (which canonicity is ambiguous) are the canonical words of Anno; there's just no proof of that.

You might be bitter for the lst EVA thread, but this is just ridiculous. Just face that there are many ways of seeing and interpreting Evangelion. Yours might be optimistic, mine might be pessimistic, and others might not give a shit about a series of 20 years ago. I'm afraid your arrogance implying you're the only one who owns the absolute truth is a proof of immaturity. Just respect others' interpretations; is that so difficult? Haven't you learnt anything from the End of Evangelion? Not everyone is perfect, there are barriers between humans, pain and rejection, but that doesn't mean one can't try to understand others. You, an obvious LAS shipper, are too close-minded to be worth debating with.

I hold nothing against you, but the way you've behaved in some of the last EVA threads have showed me you're nothing but a child.

Kimochi warui.

All of them?

Kek. Murakami better writer better thinker and better person than Hideki.

I'm sure you've avoided to put the "How disgusting" on that pannel on purpose. Remember pain and rejection are back in the world after Instrumentality, and that Asuka is more than rightfully bitter towards Shinji.

Even if I don't think that cards are canon, the words "the one he had wished for" don't really change anything. Shinji just saw Asuka as the more similar individual to himself (as well as, shamefully, an object of lust), but it doesn't mean they have to either get along or love each other. The ending scene won't end up in shipping, that's for sure. If so, we see some empathy from Asuka's side, but her grudge as well. Ambiguity, reality. That's what Shinji chose: a world where he can be hurt again.

Why is paranoia so rampant across NGE threads? Why many posters hold full blown grudges against each other where they even manage to somehow get offended if a poster with a certain writing style shows up in a fucking anonymous board? Not even a thread which so far has zero Asuka or Rei posters is free from this fuckery.
>inb4 getting called a newfag, samefag or some similar aggressive non-answer

If you're trying to explore the deepest reaches of the human soul, the character you write has to be you.
Because you only stand a chance at understanding yourself that deeply.

Grave of the Fireflies, as it's an autobiography.

Literally.

> Remember pain and rejection are back in the world after Instrumentality, and that Asuka is more than rightfully bitter towards Shinji.

Rightfully? She acted like an asshole to him and Rei for most of the series, there is no wonder Shinji treated her on equal terms at the end. Rightfully my arse!

What did The Master mean by this?

Evidently Asuka understands Shinji better than Shinji understands Asuka.

"I know it all..."
"If all of you can't be mine,"

Hm.

"how disgusting"
"I hate you"
"If I have to be with you, I'd rather die!"

Thermae Romae (I think that's how it's spelled), the one where a roman dude goes to several hot springs trough time.

It ends with a LITERAL SELF INSERT of the writer.

Weird, right? Why does she say that, any also do things like stroke his cheek and say that she wants all of him to be hers?

Holy shit, the writer himself is physically transported into the universe he created?
Did he survive? I hope he wrote himself a way out.

What are some threads where the OP doesn't realize a story written by someone encompasses all of their thoughts, ideas, and experiences and foolishly believes every character that reflects the author too much is a self-insert?

Nevermind found it.

She says if she won't be a puppet for him, she wants nothing to do with him.
Nothing to do with him, therefore she doesn't love him.

You only have your self to use as a reference point, it's impossible to fully understand another person without actually being them, and personal identity as you think of it never existed in the first place.

Don't think that's the full story, lad.
You're thinking wishfully.

Nothing to do with him. She says it right there.

But she also wants to "possess him completely."
And in the very ending scene she caresses his cheek, which most probably qualifies as having something to do with him.

Why does she seek to torment Shinji like this?

Nope. She says if you won't be mine I don't want anything to do with you.
She just wants him to be a puppet for her validation, if she actually loved or cared about him she would continue to want him and pursue him regardless, but she says herself if he won't be a puppet she couldn't give less of a shit about him. He's worthless to her.

Because there is a group of posters that are there in most every NGE thread,so you get a general idea of who is who via filenames and writing style.

Every thread ends up in a fight between members of one side, against a specific poster.

Asuka simply has a case of the tsundere.

Her original ending line was very tsundere-sounding. "I refuse to be killed by you of all people!"

Her being there lying next to him instead of anywhere else already did that.

>if he won't be a puppet

She never mentions puppets, switch to non-shit subtitles

Being a tsundere implies you have good moments. Asuka is just cancerous trash.

That's true.

Group of posters? Mate, people have been arguing about this for 20 years, you must be new.

I'm talking about the recent drastic increase in paranoia in the threads.
The recent stuff is between a group of posters against one or two posters that they perceive as starting problems. The OP picture is made from stuff from the last that was pretty bad. It's been like this in threads for the past few months but it has gotten worse.

shit like this is what they are arguing about

A tsundere is a person who is initially hostile but grows to show a warmer side over time. Makise Kurisu/Misaka Mikoto/Tohsaka Rin are the best example of one, Asuka is what we call a tsun-tsun (turn away in disgust). A tsundere can feel true love towards their crush, what Asuka shows is a person who has strong animosity toward Shinji Ikari.

Both lines kinda are, they're really harsh compared to gentle face touching. And in both scenarios Asuka takes just as long to react to Shinji strangling her and then again to him stopping, like she was making up her mind or needed time to think of something defensive to say. It's like she's tsundere for murder-suicide, she's okay with it if it happens but if it doesn't she has to act like she never wanted it.

>It's been like this in threads for the past few months
It's been years, dude. You can't get mad at the thought of people calling you a newfag when it's clear that's exactly why you're so perplexed by this.

>A tsundere is a person who is initially hostile but grows to show a warmer side over time.

It's really not that simple. And it doesn't have to be 'over time'.

A tsundere is more generally any character with a harsh/abrasive exterior and a concealed, soft and affectionate inner personality.

Why is nu-Sup Forums so addicted to calling people newfags?
You've probably been here less than a year.

For exactly the reason you're trying to point the finger back. If you weren't new, you'd know full well that there's nothing new about this shit.

I'm not the person you were replying to, I just find this funny. New people really seem to hate 'the darned newfags'.
I guess we hate most what we see in ourselves.

All I'm saying is that the atmosphere of these threads has been the same for years, and the only people who would be surprised about it are those who haven't been here long enough to realize it's the unfortunate status quo. I never even insulted him for being new; that's just the only explanation for why he'd be surprised by this.

It's been a long time since new arrivals began to do that. It's a way to appeal to authority and make yourself look important/correct. for example:

>fuck off newfag, Sup Forums has always liked dubs.
>shut up newfag, every 4channer browses reddit too .

Also, everyone not new knows that only newfags call others newfags.

The best kind of tsundere is the one that is more dere than tsun. Violent tsundere's are the worst kind.

You don't get it.

Tsundere is all about contrast. It's about depriving you of water until even a drop tastes like the sweetest nectar to your parched throat.

The more tsun there is, the sweeter the dere will be.

nice

Mixed-tsun, dere expressed as tsun, is best tsundere. The personal understanding needed to realize it isn't meant the way it sounds is hella intimate.

Kimochi warui is the purest essence of that.
It's affectionate once you understand it.

Happy Israfel Day!

Israfel arrived on 9/11?

>Any anime by Okada
Shit, this is absolutely true. Why are women writers so pathologically self-centred?

There are two Friday the 11ths in 2015, and it wasn't the one in December.

The tsun though needs to be cute, which makes the dere better. For example Louise and Taiga are the ones that always abuse their love interest and then when the love confession happens it feels weird. Kurisu is one the best tsundere because she can be tough and honest, but sensitive and lovable on the inside.

Also I think a tsundere paired with a tsundere is best, it brings out both and gives some pretty good chemistry. Compared to say in a relationship like Shinji where he never calls out on Asuka's shit, it needs to be equal on the teasing.

Didn't kimochi warui meant about Asuka knowing that Shinji fapped to her?

Israfel certainly did something on 9/11.

Ahhh.

>Seele
>Israfel
>9/11
>twins
>Israfil- 'The Burning One'‎, is the angel of the trumpet in Islam

Anno warned us.

>eheheheh, yes, goy, just release the AT Field around your heart and turn into LCL
What did (((SEELE))) mean by this?

NGE didn't detail exactly why Israfel had to be synchronized killed. Sadamoto's own idea was that it was doing some quantum cheat where it was the same thing twice and restoring from any damage they didn't both have by changing which one was the original on the fly.

How pathetic do you have to be to keep bumping your ded shitty thread

>Eva fanbase