Why is it that only Hayao Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon are the only people capable of turning anime (2D Japanese animation)...

Why is it that only Hayao Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon are the only people capable of turning anime (2D Japanese animation) into artistic films?

Well Sup Forums?

please respond

You were saying?

K-ON isn't art

>not knowing what "art" means.

Jack and Jill is art. Mars of Destruction is art.

But in the context you're using "art", Yamada is a top-notch anime director in terms of fleshing out characters.

Isao Takahata you dean

this is a great movie for sure. a great christmas movie as well.

Go back to Sup Forums cock old gaga sucker

What makes you think I'm from Sup Forums? Maybe I just want to talk about artistic movies and why not very many directors are considered legendary in the anime medium.

She's a hack. Koe no Katachi was super bad and pretentious.

I love this film.

I wouldn't call Satoshi Kon capable.

Would you call him dead?

Yes, that's the point.

you forgot about masaaki yuasa

You're right I did. He can be in the cool kids club too.

Why do you think this?

Isnt evangelion art?

Only for YOU
They both great, but they are not the only directors who can make masterpiece.

>artistic
>anime medium
user I don't care where you're from but if you wanna talk trash you have to start by defining what the hell you mean by that shit.

Name 3 other directors who produce consistently amazing pieces.

This.
But seriously what's with the lack of great movie directors in anime?

How many great Hollywood directors are there?

>what's with the lack of great movie directors in anime?
Incredible talent wouldn't want to be stuck with that medium. The talent that's around does it because they truly love it.

Hollywood is a much more cutthroat industry than anime movies. Its like comparing Japanese VAs to American ones.

But we do have a number of good TV anime directors. However everyone can pretty much agree there are less than around 5 noteworthy anime movie directors no matter their taste. Less so for actually active directors.
As someone who prefers movies over TV, anime is REALLY lacking in this regard.

Miyazaki isn't capable though. Takahata has always been the better Ghibli director.