Worst selling show of the season

>worst selling show of the season
Why does Japan hate arthouse anime?

Those shows don't have widespread appeal, why would you expect them to sell well?

18if is genuine shit

I never heard anything about this show but my favorite writer apparently made one of EDs. Should I pick it up?

The last episode I watched was the one with the girl who was bullied and thought she was dead, and there's a giant robot at the end. I've got the next one downloaded, but the writing was so awful that I just never feel the motivation to keep watching. Being episodic does it no favors, since it doesn't have a plot to get you hooked.

Kemono friends was ridiculously popular

>Kemofure
>arthouse

Because it's pretentious with no substance.

Would YOU pay $480 for this show?

There is literally nothing pretentious about it. It not being of the norm as far as story is concerned doesn't make it pretentious you Sup Forums meming fag.

art

Doesn't Shaft shit usually sell well?

Bro, trust me. You owe it to yourself to watch episode 7. Pure kino.

Because Yuasa is better at it, even then being cult is the least his works can achieve.

I really liked the episode with the deaf girl.

most of the time these shows are all style, no substance

>inb4 anime
>substance

You realise thar arthouse stuff has a small audience by definition, right? Otherwise it would be mainstream.
Also 18if is shit.

>arthouse
That's not what that means.

More like your taste is shit.

>I didn't really watch the show, but I guess I'll ride the "it's pretentious garbage" bandwagon so I can fit in!

>Gonzo
>arthouse anime

>anyone who didn't like it didn't really watched it

How many episodes did you watch. I watched 1 and can't yet decide if it's good or bad.

>I'm going to generalize so I bring everyone down to my autism

>kino

Eh. It's fun to watch become of the different directors but it shouldn't sell well just because of that.

Something being described as "Arthouse" implies the appeal of it is limited. What do you expect?