MILLENIALS, NO!

>Just one out of three millennials carries plastic, according to a Bankrate.com survey, compared to the majority of older Americans. In addition, a Fed survey found the 18 to 24 demographic preferred to pay cash more than others. And if they do carry a card, it tends to be of the prepaid or debit variety, TD Bank found.
>None of that bodes well for banks like JPMorgan Chase & Co. or payment networks like Visa Inc. and MasterCard Inc., since the fees they earn from debit card transactions are less than those earned via credit cards.

business.financialpost.com/personal-finance/debt/millennials-are-ditching-credit-cards-and-its-threatening-the-entire-industry

Fonefags are cancer. I end up waiting behind in line for those soyboy cucks longer than grandma.

Keep these shitty wojacks at biz.

The Jew cries out in pain as he strikes you

millennials are based

It appears they're either taking steps to become fiscally solvent, or just incredibly terrified of debt as their first time with debt happens to be five figures of student loans.

True that no point in having a credit card when you owe 40k+. Thenagain most people don't understand the power of credit

That's because they all forgot banks have something called overdraft fees that rape you hard if you're not paying attention. They can't be bothered to check their account because they're worried how broke they are. A lot of them can't get new bank accounts in fear of the collections on older accounts.

>millennials are based
>a fucking leaf
Shitlennial btw. I truly hate this generation.

Fiscal health of burgerland in general is in great peril. America practically runs on the increased use of debt and this is rather ominous for (((those))) who have profited from lending. It may cause a massive contraction over a generation or two that could have long-reaching consequences. It'll make the recession look like a flash crash.

except for credit card rewards and cash back. taking on that student loan debt and making the payments on it will also put you in a good 700+ credit score range right out of college for decent rewards cards

Fucking right, just let us die already, kill us with disease or war, just please end this inherited mediocrity.

Do something with it you cunt.

t. 24-26

>fees they earn from debit card transactions are less than those earned via credit cards.

This is the real problem with credit cards.

And I'm so glad my country did fall for the CC scam.

>did fall

-> didn't fall

I've seen way too many people get student loans, a car loan, and max out a few credit cards by the time they hit 22. Hot damn how do they fuck up that quickly? That's literally going to ruin their lives until their late thirties.

Delete the thread and try again.

That's their problem.

My issue is with shopkeepers being forced to raise their prices to cover for credit card fees.

You wanna know true theft? If you own a bank account and accidentally happen to just go $1-$2 under you get charged $20. $20 for not having money. Jews man, I fucking swear. I've grown over the years to seriously hate banks

Never had a credit card, and I don't regret it at all

Honestly never really understood the whole interest to be honest, it just feel like some sort of short term loan you have to pay back asap else you're utterly fucked.

Yep, cost of doing business. The thing is, once a country is smitten with spending with credit, it only gets worse. That's around 2-3% less money (assuming Visa/Mastercard) you can spend, which adds up.

Our grandparents saved and never got anything on credit.
Boomers got in so much debt, they had to pass it on to the next 2 generations and flood the West to artificially inflate their property prices through a lack of supply and over population.

Whenever boomers want something, they run straight to tbe (((banks)))

Oy vey! Our parasitic middleman industry won't survive if this trend continues!

pls no nujak

I gave-up my credit card because with a debit card I never have to worry about missing a payment.

I also used to pay my credit card bills over the phone, but they kept making the payment process longer and more complicated every passing year because they know they keep you on the phone, the less convenient it becomes and the greater your chance of getting disconnected is. Their entire profit model is based on you missing payments, so they want to make it as tedious for you as possible. Fuck 'em.

once people get some money they get a cc and spend.

Cash is the only way a man should pay.

>can't be traced (easily)
>doesn't appear on bank statement
>doesn't force you to (((lend))) money
>always dependable
>useable even during power outage
>usable even when no internet/wifi

Take the cashpill. Only cucks pay with cards. The best way to leave a restaurant or a bar is to slap cash on the table and walk out. Imagine being such a faggot that you give the waitress you card and sit there like a gud boy till she comes back with a receipt to sign.

If you use a credit card for any purchase under $250 then you are a certifiable retard.

>Get credit card from local credit union
>Use online banking to push money onto the card, making my balanced owed negative
>Use it for online purchases only
I don't see what's so hard about this myself.

Cash-only makes it too difficult to shop online, which is where all the best deals are.

Cash/physical currency will always be king.

It's a scam.

They charge shopkeepers about 3% on every transaction.
Then they give back 1% or 2% and other benefits to the customers, so they have an incentive to use credit cards.
But that's still 1-2% they take over everything you buy in shops, restaurants, etc.

Under free competition shops will want to give discounts to people using debit cards or cash, since that's cheaper for them.
But credit card companies ban such discounts, and they have a lot of power especially over smaller businesses.

You should obviously have an account with a lot of money saved in it. But when out on the town or buying from a store, always cash. At a restaurant or a bar or a vending machine, always cash. This cripples the banks and also keeps you safe.

>NO GOYIM!!!!!
>YOU MUST USE CREDIT CARDS!!!!! WHAT WILL YOU DO WITHOUT DEB- I MEAN A GOOD CREDIT SCORE!!!!!

>credit card spending
>good

If my bank did that I would disable going under.

I just have to pay some super high interest rate.
But that's at most a few cents if I only go under a few euro's.

They do scam you when you're getting a mortgage.
If you have a bank account with, say, 10k euro's on it but you are allowed to go 2k under which you never do, then they will raise your mortgage interest rate as if you're 2k in debt.
If you and your partner have 3 or 4 bank account you can end up paying tens of thousands more.

The only one I can agree with is vending machines, since you have no idea who you're even buying from. Debit doesn't have any fees and unless you're an idiot and got a debit card for your only bank account with all of your money in it, instead of a smaller account, the risk if minimal.

I also like having evidence that I was where I said I was.

Lol you can still get a receipt with cash. I do it all the time.

Yeah, but there's nothing proving that was you aside from maybe security camera footage of wherever you shopped at.

You get accused of crimes a lot, don't you.

No, but I've worked as a security guard.

Post of wisdom.
Boomers worship mammon

You are absolutely correct. It's amazing the amount of clout the (((banks))) must have to pull off this scheme

>millennials

millennials aren't very smart with money, debit cards are instant transactions. credit cards are a safe guard against that. yes, they can easily be used for debt slavery, but that's if you are irresponsible or uneducated. while unfortunate, i cannot disregard the concept of credit because of this. it really is important

It's good if you out-Jew the Jews and pay it off every month instead of letting it ride and accumulating interest like a good goyim. Might as well get that cash-back bonus if you're buying shit.

>In addition, a Fed survey found the 18 to 24 demographic preferred to pay cash more than others.
BS

>rejecting the credit card jew
GOOD

Am millennial. Have zero idea as to why I would want a credit card. What's the purpose and how would it benefit me?

Still don't have a CC here. Debit card, and the only debt I really have is car payment. Both that and college will be paid off by graduation.

Stop making shit threads to push your ugly forced meme