Ergo Proxy is gotta be one of the most underrated animes ever

Ergo Proxy is gotta be one of the most underrated animes ever...

Discuss.

Also, dystopian/sci-fi anime general, I guess.

Captcha:Select all images that match the label:
mango

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TRvJH5toAh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's tha most epick animay may
no other animes can beat it

i like her eyeshadow

Ergo Proxy is the definition of 5/10, it was not good nor was it bad. That episode where they did nothing was good though and the game show was kinda funny. Pino made the show tbf.

> discuss

I'm currently discussing as I write this.

Yeah, it was a out 5/10, but the atmosphere was 8/10.
It made me feel feels, the ED melody made me melancholic as fuck.

Amy Lee ftw

WAKE ME UP INSIDE
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
CALL MY NAME AND SAVE ME FROM THE DARK
BID MY BLOOD TO RUN
BEFORE I COME UNDONE
SAVE ME FROM THE NOTHING I'VE BECOME

You want atmosphere, my nigga, I got you. Here are some actually good shows with better atmosphere

Shinsekai Yori
Blast of Tempest
Death Note
Monster

Good things:
Pino
Busy Doing Nothing
Some of the early stuff
QQQQ
Not-Disney

Mediocre things:
Nearly everything else

IM GOING UNDER
>tfw going under and whisper > bring me to life but normies ruin everything

Have seem DeathNote, it was good.
(who hasn't)
Will check the others, thanks.

mediocre dark anime > well done moe shit

>Edgy teens have low standards
No shit. Why else would Elfen Lied be popular?

Elfen Lied was awesome, the strong feelings lasted weeks.

Anybody else likes melancholy, nostalgia, dark feelings in general?

I hated every character in gayfen lied and I still do, such a shitty show

You niggas should watch texhnolyze. Last 4 eps were so fcking good I cried like a little bitch for like 10 minutes. Quite boring start tho.

>why is A, which is highly B, so under-B
>discuss
Shit posting OP. Time to leave the thread.

It's a good series, but it's well known and it has it's fair share of faults so it's not really underrated.

I've seen it but it was bizarre and I didn't quite understand it. I need to rewatch.

Shinsekai Yori had a few good eps with atmosphere but the rest were meh in that regard.

>(who hasn't)
I haven't. My normie roommate was always telling me to watch it and he has the worst taste in media.

pic related is a bit dated but gives off a gits vibe.
death parade is fairly new and is good as well.

I watched it all in one sitting.

I enjoyed it while I was watching it, but once I finished it, I literally never thought of it again until now.

So I guess that mean it wasn't very memorable, and i've watched lots of really memorable pieces of shit.

Considering I don't think i've ever seen it mentioned on Sup Forums before, I'd have to agree it is underrated.

That being said, just because it's "underrrated" doesn't mean I am ever going to recommend it to anyone ever.

It's art style and premise were both deserving of something much greater.

Expectations fell short.

The series smacked of pseudointellectualism. They even had an episode where they name dropped a lot of famous books to appeal to the 2deep4u pseuds. He also named the robots after philosophers. The author seemed desperate to virtue signal his own euphoric intellect. The plot was boring and meandering and the pacing sucked. The proxy fights added nothing to the show and made the series weirdly feel inbetween a shonen and a seinen. What the fuck was that game show episode?

The most interesting characters were that guy who was in charge of security for the city they started off in, and the RE-I's autoreiv. The atmosphere of the series was quite good. The series had a good tragic ending, it was a nice twist that the entire society BY DESIGN was meant to collapse and eliminate itself. Atmosphere, character design, and background art was all great. The series was actually original which is nice when anime tends towards conventionality, I've never really watched anything quite like it.

Overall I wouldn't recommend the series to anybody, there is simply much better media out there to consume.

Visual 8/10
Animation 6/10
Characters 5/10
Ejoyment 7/10

But I still think is underrated and better than most of the most popular shows now on day, but I wouldn't recommended it.

I'm pretty sure this was 2deep4u...sike the anime. I think the pseudointellectualism was on purpose, to show that humanity would die its last gasp naming robots after philosophers etc.

But still, the execution was mediocre. Iggy and Pino were the best character. Raul?(the security guy) was pretty interesting too.Especially once you realize Pino was his robot, and his wife and child were killed by a proxy in like ep 2 or 3

What really killed me about this series is there was aspects of it that were quite good, but overall the series was not that impressive. The entire plot the characters were guided through was shit and didn't do the characters, the art, or the concepts underpinning the series justice. It felt like the series maybe had maybe 10 episodes worth of good ideas, so they stretched out the series by having our heroes hang out with uninteresting wastelanders and spelunk around in caves. These scenes would fail to develop the characters in any meaningful way, and they would fail to develop the plot in any meaningful way.

It felt like the world of Ergo Proxy was more interesting than the adventure of our heroes was.

this thinly weiled "Where the fuck are mods?" thread?

I'd hardly call it underrated when it still gets multiple threads a week years after it came out.

Best song from the OST.
youtube.com/watch?v=TRvJH5toAh4

It was mediocre at best.

It could be the greatest anime of all time. Hell it could surpass Shakespeare. But even then, I still wouldn't watch an anime that has fucking Amy Lee as the main character.

> forgetting that time Iggy called Amy Lee out on her bullshit
C'mon, user.

>animes
>general
>Ergo Proxy is underrated
>listing captcha

Fucking hell OP, this'd better be bait.

Let's all love Lain!

When i first started watching it, I thought for sure we would get Rei-L and android dark buddy cop series, with the Proxy stuff serving as an overarching plotline to an otherwise mainly episodic format. Each few episodes would be a new case, which would expand on the dystopian world. Kind of like SAC, I suppose.
I think that would have been fucking great. As it stands, it was good enough, but also rather flat in the last half.

I'd like to get into this series but I'm not sure if I have
reason to enter

Will probably watch this soon. Are the blurays any good or should I just stick to the DVDs?

The ending is terrible though.

The only thing I can remember about ergo proxy is that LONG ass ride

How much?

>ass ride
I dont remember any such thing.
Let alone a long one. Episode?

The co-habitation scenes between Re-L and Vincent were so comfy.

Literally the only thing that fits there, is the word "general".

bump

Way too much intentionally obscure DEEEEEEEEEP references to philosophy and junk, and a whole lot of slogging around without much of note happening, but still a good anime

>tfw never a sequel series to show what actually happens when the returning humans touch down