Why aren't missile launchers protected under the 2nd amendment?

So if banning AR-15s is supposedly violating the constitution, why isn't the NRA trying to legalize bazookas? Shouldn't those be just as protected as assault weapons? Legit question.

The only explanation I can think of is that we as a society have agreed that missile launchers are too dangerous for civilians to own. I don't think it's crazy for people to feel the same way about fully automatic assault weapons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA
mortarinvestments.eu/products/tanks-2#currency=USD
youtu.be/I-0P-p1wQu0
supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf
supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf
cryptome.org/0001/tm-31-210.htm
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246
youtube.com/watch?v=qDMUekfOR-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Youre right user, we should amend the constitution to add in large caliber explosive weapons

Missile launchers aren't sexy enough for modern politics. And yes, they SHOULD be legal.

Who says they're illegal?

I mean lets be honest here, considering how you can literally rig up an armored vehicle and cause lots of havoc in civilian areas. Wouldnt it make sense that we should be allowed to have some form of protection from them?
youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA
It isnt difficult at all to build shit like this and as it stands these things are unstoppable

What about grenades and tanks? Should they be legal?

Nigga grenades and tanks dont need to be legal for people who malicious intend to build one

Constitution already protects this and allows for it, it's illegal that we cannot own them.

I believe some weapons, under the intent of the 2A, would require secure storage, but otherwise should be legal. That means rockets, tanks, A-10's, etc.

Yes and yes.

Yes,
They are both legal and governed under the same laws as muskets because they are rare and no one has used one for a heinous crime, except that one dude that stole a tank and went on a rampage; I can still buy a tank though with an active barrel.

They are. How many do you want to buy?

Arms
noun
weapons and ammunition; armaments.
"they were subjugated by force of arms"

Synonyms: weapons, weaponry, firearms, guns, ordnance, artillery, armaments, munitions, matériel

Seems like they ARE covered by the 2nd ammendment. Looky there.

>How many do you want to buy?

I agree. there is no weapon the military owns and operated that the people they are sworn to protect should be outright barred from owning. Make regulation and background check if someone wants to own a nuke. No government is big enough to protect all of their citizens in today's world.

You can buy rocket launchers, it's the rockets you can't buy.
Same for tanks, you can buy a tank right now.
mortarinvestments.eu/products/tanks-2#currency=USD

I accept crypto

Banning AR-15's is in violation of the Constitution because they're a popular weapon for home defense. This has legal precedent. Handgun bans and laws about keeping them dismantled or locked up have been ruled unconstitutional for the same reason - it makes them ineffective for defense.

The 2nd amendment is very much about defense, since it mentions keeping a militia. Missile launchers are primarily offensive weapons with no real defensive capability but plenty of potential for collateral damage.

Of course the government owns all the rights to these machines though because they paid for the development and deployment. So it's really up to them if they want to sell you one.

Tanks are legal as far as i know

They should be legal, but its hard to go on the offense when we are constantly on the defensive

Defending against aircraft?

>crypto

The chassis is, the firing pins aren't

Everything short of nuclear weapons, and those should be banned from everyone.

Missile launchers are legal user.
You just need to buy an stamp that cost 300 god damn bucks and another 300 for each missile.
You can pretty much own a stock pile of chemical weapons if you wanted. Though, the government may want to know what you're doing with toxic gases.

Valid point. Guess I'll just have to make my own weapons and never sell them. youtu.be/I-0P-p1wQu0

You can machine the firing pins as easy as anything, but that doesn't matter because it's still legal to own a fully functioning tank. Good luck affording one and staying off every government list ever made though

We have a well regulated militia - the national guard. Americans do not have a right to own military weapons.

>fully automatic assault weapons
Learn at least what the fuck you're talking about before you start debating what specifically should or shouldn't be banned.
An AR-15 is not fully automatic, fully automatic weapons already are heavily regulated, and "assault weapons" is a bullshit political term with no real technical meaning.

Tank Girl is the best.

“Common to defense of the time.” Rocket launcher isn’t standard issue to grunts, 2A protects AR style arms. At least read the landmarks before spewing your misguided nonsense.

supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf

500 please, duōshǎo qián?

Rocket launchers are indeed protected by the second amendment.

The problem is over the past 100 years, anti-gun anti-constitutionalists have eroded basic liberties, and not only gun rights, but all basic rights.

Has nothing to do with society thinking they're bad. Rocket launchers got banned under the NFA which was nothing more than a tax code to pursue 1930s gangsters for tax evasion.

The law is long due to be repealed as we do not have gangsters running around anymore, without law enforcement having a route to prosecution.

Explosives are not covered by the second amendment. The case law is iron clad.

Yes they should be. Theoretically you should have access to any arms in the military inventory.

Plus a fucking sa-25 or similar would do wonders for my clay scores...

Pretty sure there's a tax stamp for explosive devices user.

You say that, but anything is legal with the right signature. The Alaskan railroad actually ran the national guard out of its stockpile of old 57mm recoilless rockets. They used to by arctic gun oil by the gallon every year for their recoiles rifles at my favorite gun store up in Anchorage. They used to use them to clear snow drifts to protect the trains from avalanches. It saved them a shit ton to just be able to shoot a rocket at it from the track instead of having a helicopter with an explosives guy do it. I never found out what they replaced them with. I like to imagine a train engineer with a box full of M-72's, but I doubt it in today's climate.

Already on those lists. Gibs me tank now.

What about anti missile missiles like the Patriot Missile Syndrome or Iron dome or new ones that can shoot down mortar shells? I don't want those peasants down the block raining mortars down on me user.

Why not? Explosives are regularly used in the army. cryptome.org/0001/tm-31-210.htm

Can build an ICBM in your backyard using 55 gallon metal drums and a PS2 mainboard for navigation .

Think they still do that, saw a program about avalanche management for roads etc. Guy driving an f150 down some highway with an m67 or similar mounted in back.

Preemptive strikes, mate. Its the only way to be sure...

Pretty sure you can buy a tank, but the armor has to be compromised, and good luck getting the city to let you drive it on the streets... Even with rubber tracks you'll still tear shit up.

Tanks are legal already.

>but the armor has to be compromised
Jesus Christ, stop talking out your ass.
You can own a tank with everything on it.
Uncompromised.

You forgot the part where you money uranium ore, concentrate out the uranium and use a centrifuge to get the good stuff, (this takes an entire year using hundreds of centrifuges btw). All the while being shielded from the radiation while you construct the bomb.

Oh yeah, then you have to hope to God it actually goes critical mass when you want it to.

Close. The DC Heller decision was actually ruling that handguns cannot be banned, ruled that handguns/pistols are intact ‘arms’. The trigger locks, storing unloaded firearms, was part of a separate law regarding the storage of rifles/shotguns.

Scalia goes further and states that the banning of M16s and other military style weapons would undermine the original intent of the 2nd Amendment, and therefore is probably unconstitutional, but was out of the scope of this case. So, many speculate that if the 94 weapons ban was reinstate, immediate challenges would be made citing Heller.

Considering how students have figured out that they should hide under desks during school shootings; missile launchers are now pretty much a requisite tool for school shooters.

I am of course presuming that the tables are bullet proof. The alternative would mean the school system has failed badly.

Not a militia. The National Guard exists within the formal structures of the USA government, and is therefore not a militia. A militia is a force made of irregular combatants, typically defending their homelands.

When you understand that your government has the right to PLANET KILLER nuclear weapons and your rights are always up for being reduced or taken away entirely, you need to ask some deadly questions of your government. E.G. Why do you call Jews pitiful innocent banking nerds when they run nearly every Central Bank in the world; they also run all the entertainment movies and TV; and they run the education system that teaches White Self Hatred? These Jews run everything and we are supposed to pity them because if we don't they will fire us from our jobs and maybe even kill us? These are the people we are supposed to pity?

The second amendment techniquely gives you the same rights as your government. In reality, your government take your rights away and protects theirs. Truth matters.

A rocket launcher is common to the defense you mongoloid. Of course every single solider is not issued a LAW rocket or Javelin, they are issued at the platoon level though. And every platoon has a rocket man, heavy MG man, radio man, etc

you can effectively own the rocket, but youll never be able to use without either going to jail or doing it in the privacy of hundreds of acres.

its non-discriminate, so its a no-go for self defense in any sense. 20mm is much safer for self defense though

no, being too sexy is exactly the problem missle-launchers have

Pretty much this.
Another big gun case was Miller v. US. Look into that joke.
The court ruled a sawed off shotgun (18in barrel) was not legal, since it was not a piece of military equipment. Which is false, Troops in WWI were issued Remington 1897s which had a barrel length of 20” and was called the Trench Gun. It’s BS. Scalia really protected the 2nd Amendment with his Heller opinion. Probably why he was killed.

When do you make the mental leap beyond your trite "facts" that everyone on here already knows? If you're so smart why aren't you suggesting any course of action? There are a thousand LEGAL things white men could be doing to improve their positions in the holy war with the Jews, yet they all want to cower online, in shitty blue collar jobs, or hide in the woods.

How exactly are your precious small arms going to help in 10-15 years when there are hardened police and military robots being controlled from heavily armored mobile command centers? How about drone swarms that can neutralize a target without killing it? How exactly is your AR-15 going to help you then? What exactly has the far right accomplished in America since 1865--its founding--that is notable and worthy of recognition?

I'm sure the average 80 IQ rural retard on here thinks you're smart, but as someone with elite intelligence, I find your comments tired, lacking any manner of critical thought processes, and utterly useless. Much like you probably are IRL.

>but as someone with elite intelligence

>What exactly has the far right accomplished in America since 1865
At first I thought this was bait but then I realize this is probably what they taught the reddit generation because muh founding fathers were evil slavers and Abrahamoff Linkberg was the best thing ever.

REPEAL ALL GUN LAWS OR WE WILL GO TO WAR AND USE WEAPONS OF WAR AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT LIKE THE 2ND AMENDMENT INTENDED.

legalize recreational nukes

Because the Government is violating the constitutional.

>b..but what about tanks
you can own them
some hollywood faggot even owned a battleship

>libtard trying to be clever
there is no recreational value to WMDs
No self defense value either

Oi Vei i agree Gevalt.

Oh yes, lots of words with zero substance....I'll ask you one last time...List the most significant accomplishments of the far right in America since 1865.

What companies, industries, and institutions are controlled by the far right, as of this moment? Be specific. Because as I see it, the far LEFT runs the show in nearly every imaginable and important category. Here's a short list of what the far left has in their grasps at this very moment:

>Colleges, schools, textbook companies
>Mass Media
>News
>Banks, finance, VC
>Tech, hosting, video, social media, infrastructure
>Blue Chip companies, software
>A large swathe of the military, FBI, CIA, NSA, and police forces
>Nearly all of Silicon Valley and the Fortune 1000

Now tell me Mr. White Nationlist, how exactly am I wrong? I'll wait.

MFW owning private OA-10 is relegalized

We could have NON explosive bazooka ammo, just for size would kill more than one person

Considering the nature of the left, all of those will be considered far right in due time. You can look at shit Bill Clinton said in the 90s and it would be considered alt-right tier today.

GreatNews, this means that in the future I can ride in the back of a pick up with a RPG on my shoulder, like I saw in Bagdad!!

>hahaha your small arms are insignificant so just please ban them okay

You can with the right paperwork and some classes.

Of course.

The danger posed from a man in a tank is still miniscule compared to that posed by a woman with a vote

yes

Yes, all military equipment should be available to US citizens to provide for the formation of militias.
All.

The purpose of the amendment is to allow the citizenry to oppose the military and win.

>No government is big enough to protect all of their citizens in today's world.
Nor should it be.

Citizens are the bedrock of our democracy. If citizens cannot be trusted with this weaponry, who are we entrusting?

Too many non-whites.

Do you accept Monero?

Oh look the smug coward who thought he was smart fucked off after I blew him the fuck out with facts in this post (surprise surprise) : I agree with this post. Everything is going further left than now and the far right will just continue to lose ground. We are finally seeing the actual white genocide start in South Africa while the whites lose their land as a result of today's amendment to their constitution. It's amazing that white men still LARP as if they are winning. We haven't won a fucking thing in decades if not 100 years.

The National RIFLE Association isn't trying to legalize bazookas because a bazooka isn't a rifle.

>amend
More like enforce

Your right user ..but if this happened all the jew snakes in washington would be literally btfo and we would be free...which is bad because we need a nanny leaching state to protect us

Nukes will be less of an issue once we have warfare in space colonies. Can't pollute the solar system with radiation if its already irradiated. thinkingblackman.gif

Destructive Devices are regulated the same as machine guns. You can absolutely have a functioning tank with a functioning main gun, provided you jump through the proper hoops.

>>Of course the government owns all the rights to these machines though because they paid for the development and deployment.

You aren't too intelligent, are you?

>>Americans do not have a right to own military weapons

I hope you never breed

10 U.S. Code § 246 disagrees, dipshit.
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246
>(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
I'm registered for the draft, nigger. I'll have my AR-15 and you can just cry about it.

Thinking black man . Gif's relatives hold us back from conquering space so wont have to worry about mini nikes for awhile but yeah sure

You also have to hope the CIA/Mossad don't infect your centrifuges with Stuxnet.

Its the explosive parts that are illegal. You can make a rocket launcher, as long as it shoots inert projectiles. Making something that shoots an explosive payload over some amount (its like, 50 grams or something) is illegal.

Define far right, since both sides of the party, though this was a completely different time with different parties, had views of only European immigration. Regardless of this being old it was the view for centuries before the modern day that is today...or at least when an immigration act passed in 1965 by fuck Kennedy.

AR-15
>fully automatic assault weapons

Takes like 2 seconds to google AR-15 and learn

This is exactly why the 2A exists. Citizens require access to weaponry like this incase the government does tyrannical shit like this.

Whoops, I meant to say both parties not both sides, etc. Democrat/republican/whips/whatever

Heavily regulated, not illegal.

It's the explosive in the warhead that makes them illegal.

If you made a rocket launcher with no warhead it would be totally legal.

I mean, you'd basically just be firing a huge Estes rocket out of a tube. There's nothing wrong with that.

You could even build yourself a fully functional tank with 120mm smoothbore cannon firing solid projectiles and that's legal - so long as it's a muzzle loader.

I've actually wanted to build a fully compliant and legal Civilian Defense Tank. It'd be small, heavily armored, use off the shelf components, and be armed with three muzzle loading 90mm or 120mm smoothbore guns firing anything from a single solid projectile to grapeshot.

I can't foresee any reason it wouldn't be legal. It would be a pain to reload but that would make it similar to the Ontos which actually saw service in Vietnam. Would basically be the civy version of that vehicle.

HELL yeah. Also aren't tanks legal already? They're just insanely impractical and expensive for average joe.

>no recreational value

youtube.com/watch?v=qDMUekfOR-E

Politics is the art of the possible. But you're right, bazookas, RPGs, and shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles should be perfectly legal.

The only legitimate use of force that does not violate the NAP is self-defense (including defense of property). I think all weapons which are primarily used for self defense should be legal. I don't think explosive, chemical, biological or nuclear weapons will be used primarily for self defense.