Broken "Heroes"

Is Midoriya going to end up in anyway similar to Shirou Emiya?
Will Deku's struggle with his ideals drag him down the same path as Archer, and leave him just as broken?
Midoriya's desire to be a hero is as shallow as Shirou's, both only adopted the desire to be one from someone they admired, instead of a rooted sense of justice, and don't have any drive for anything other than being a "Hero"

Don't know much about Emiya, but bump for interest

Deku wasn't completely broken by almost dying and adopted that sense of justice because he in a desperate way wanted to be happy and though that was the only way to do it, misunderstanding what Kiritsugu was going through,

In other words, Deku just genuinely admires All Might, Shirou is just a crazy broken machine who thinks that's the only way he can be human.

Deku's a shounen MC. He's as deep as a bird bath.

no because unlike them Midoriya is a good person that doesn't do it because he feels like it, it because he knows that the right thing to do when someone ask for help is to help them.

Midoriya is just general a good person. Shirou and EMYIA are just doing it because they believe it will make them feel better.

No because BNHA isn't written by edgelords whose commentary is literally just "good is stupid lol". Midoriya is a nice guy who has come to be a hero because he wants to help people and is already told in a healthy way that his adoration holds him down.

damn yes fucking finally.
Damn right. Shirou believe that the only way to be human is to help people, because he might feel "happiness". He is expecting a reward for helping people (the reward is happiness or feelings" , unlike Deku who is just a fucking good person.

Deku is a real hero. Shirou is a faker.

No, midoriya admires all might and just wants to be like like him but in a really desperate manner at first.
Emiyas are broken people who just lives out his guardian's dreams because he has nothing else after seeing everyone get burned to shit.

Exactly, also I think it is stated right at the beginning that this is the story of how Deku comes to be the greatest hero

STOP SHITTING ON SHIROU EMYIA HE DID NUFF WRONG HE INNCONT HE DID NUFF WRONG HE NOT RETARDED K??! HE IS SPECIAL NEED KID VERY SPECIAL SO STOP.

NO MAKING FUN OF SPECIAL KIDS.

English, please.

I never said he wasn't gonna be the greatest hero. I mean, look at how broken All Might was before Midoriya re-lit his spirit at the very beginning, and he was still the greatest hero then.

If only BHA was a good enough writer to actually do something like that

Hello Nasu, hows you life going? Knowing that you shit series will never be better become a issue on JUMP

Deku's not insane. His ideal of being a hero is much more achievable and realistic compared to Shirou's and Redman;s. He wants to be a hero in the same way All Might was, he wants to inspire people, save people, and be a symbol for good the same way he was. It's hard, sure, but it's achievable. There's an end goal there. And again, he's not insane, despite everything, he's still very much human. He knows his limits.

Redman's goal on the other hand, doesn't really have an end goal. To achieve his ideal of being a "hero", he needs to keep going and never stop, and the way people are, it'll only bring him ruin, as we all know. Emiya is a broken person from the start, not because of his ideals necessarily, but moreso due to him reduced to nothing in the fires of Fuyuki. I mean, his entire obsession with heroism can be stemmed from looking at Kerry's face when he was saved. It's a broken dream with no end, and that's why the whole progression of the VN is having everyone tell him how fucked up it is to live like that, and eventually let go of his impossible ideal and settle for more realistic ones, ones humans can actually achieve.

I love them both though. They're all precious boys.

Was All-Might broken? I don't think he ever lost faith. I mean, physically, sure, but still.

BnHA is literally just another generic battle shounen manga that's executed a bit better than the other popular ones

Fate Stay Night is literally just another generic visual novel that's executed a bit worst than the other popular ones.

You know that meme is invalid because FSN is what spawned the generic VNs after it, not the other way around. (And either way it still has more clever concepts than what BHA's author can dish out in his basic manga, apparently)

Sure, mate.

I wanted to talk about concepts and ideas, not have people attack either of the series' that I love, but hey, welcome to Sup Forums

Look carefully at the video Izuku watches in episode 1, OP

trips. Okay you win.
I apologize.

And I'm just saying there's no way he can execute a clever concept like that because he's somehow an even worse writer than Nasu. So the question is pointless

Dude fuck off. He wanted to make both of us apologize, instead you had to be a ass.

Being on jump isn't something you brag about. You're basically a slave that pumps out a chapter every week.

>instead of a rooted sense of justice
are you retarded? that's a rhetorical question btw

it's been made clear multiple times deku has an instinctive drive to save people, that's what makes him a hero and that's how he became all might's successor in the first place

You say "generic" I say "refreshingly simple".

Besides, its concepts are "generic" here in the West because we have individual-focused societal consciousness (you can be strong if you try) versuses the group-focused East (you can be strong if you have good help).

The reason I call it refreshingly simple is because it's entirely relatable and not at all complex- being good is an end unto itself- society functions well when people are good to each other.

It's not shitting on him, different characters are different, that's all.

>Emiya Shirou is an edgelord

You heard it right here folks

It's refreshing to have a shounen manga that doesn't try to be too philosophical for its own good but the problem is that it's just too simple. Everything is so black and white and Midoriya's ideals and sense of justice are treated in such a juvenile manner that I seriously doubt the author would try to actually make Midoriya question those ideals (like Shirou does ) and give him actual growth

Question what? That fucking helping people is wrong? He not doing it for "fucking umoral reason" he just wish to be a hero to help people.

>Being a JUMP slave > Making money off three major series you made fresh out of high school and college, having a top selling mobile game, having literal hundreds of merchandise dedicated to your waifu

This is new Sup Forums.

>BNHA
>refreshingly simple
HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HOLY FUCKING SHIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It stopped being black and white when they introduced Stain. The notion that Heroes are an economy does kinda defeat the purpose being a hero. That's deep for a comicbook

>anti-heroes are deep
sasauga shounenfags

That sometimes it's okay to save yourself instead of others? that you have to accept that in some occasions you just can't save anyone and it's not your fault?
The story seems to move in a direction that specifically keeps him away from any situation that may cause an internal conflict for him. Nobody even bothers to point out that his ideals are fucking childish.

Gonna elaborate, shitposter-kun?

Why people think BnHA will ever take the edgelord route? All Deku ever questioned was his own power, not his morals.

>that sometimes it's okay to save yourself instead of others?
sure, but deku wants to save others- he wants to be that icon of peace that AM was. and its a story about his goal, his ideals are different that shirou's self destroying heroism

Deku is just an entitled lil 'shit who can't handle that he sucks and isn't gifted enough to be popular.

If he just wanted to save people he could try to be a doctor.
If he just wanted people he could also just try to be doctor.

But no he wants to be popular and cool like AM and have the world suck up to him.

I don't know why you would try to argue with bnhatards. They're just simpletons who repeat back to you what you just said but with some words switched out.

>If he just wanted people he could also just try to be doctor.
If he just wanted people to look up to him he could also just try to be a doctor.

>No because BNHA isn't written by edgelords whose commentary is literally just "good is stupid lol"
>tfw you realize that Fate seires is the anime version of GoT
It all makes sense now.

That's only Zero

>If he just wanted to save people he could try to be a doctor.
>If he just wanted people he could also just try to be doctor.
Literally applies to Shirou as well.

Nah, Stay Night is edgy as well. Especially Heaven's Feel.

especially Shirou.

Yeah, except that Shirou actually realizes his mistake later on, unlike a certain character

How does that refute what I said just said you argumentative retard?

What fuck is Deku mistake? HE IS LITERALLY JUST GOING TO SCHOOL TRYING TO MAKE A FUCKING CAREER OF FUCKING SAVING PEOPLE?

Use your brain, kid.

Yeah.
After his mistress passed on OfA to him and died in his arms...he basically became a rape machine.
He BUTCHERED the villians that ran and ran rampant in Japan. There were people that were nigh invincible people eating monsters roaming aorund back then. There was one unfortunately quirked woman who simply became a canabalistic monster. She had a taste for children.
He ripped her head off while she was shopping for snacks in a pre-school.
"Justice is served" was the last thing she heard as she realized that her head was in his hand and looking at the crumpled heap that was her body.
Those cold blue eyes staring at her out of the darkness that was his eye sockets.
That's not even that out of the ordinary.
What he did to AfO was so horrifying and brutal that most vilians simply gave up right then and there. The ones that were able to escape AfO's hide out that is.

Don't remember Shirou becoming a doctor though.

Who are you quoting? I didn't say that, or even implied it.

I said that BnHA was refreshingly simple, but wasn't black and white. The MC is simple in his desire and likable in his pursuit. How is that an anti-hero?

Dr. Manhattan?

His too selfless, almost self-destructively so. (see: every time he almost kills himself by using his powers)

>too retarded to come up with an argument mean
>somehow expects the person they're arguing with to do it for them.

sasuga bnhtards

I'm quoting your faggotry.
Stain isn't deep, and boku no pico academia is black and white.
shounenshit will be shounenshit

He learning to control his power.

>lowcaps
You're the one to talk.

You're arguing with a straw man. I'll leave you alone then

>a medium is only worth of value if it is considered "deep"

So you're just gonna keep provin' that you're an argumentative retard who can't come up with an argument?

I already made my argument with since this is a "My favorite character > Your favorite character" thread.

That has next to nothing to do with FSN.

Nasu is a hack. It's proven.
Hori is not a hack, yet.

And where did I mention shirou in my post? How does your post refute that Deku is just an entitled lil 'shit who can't handle that he sucks and isn't gifted enough to be popular.

If he just wanted people to look up to him he could also just try to be a doctor.

But no he wants to be popular and cool like AM and have the world suck up to him.

>Hori is not a hack, yet.
Ya sure about that, kid?
The current arc says otherwise.

>that Deku is just an entitled lil 'shit who can't handle that he sucks and isn't gifted enough to be popular.
>But no he wants to be popular and cool like AM and have the world suck up to him.
Why would I try to refute these points when they are blatantly false?

Stop sucking that TinTin dick.

Why did you selectively ignore these parts?

But the current arc is good unless you're a waifufaggot

Because he didn't want to become a doctor

Oh look, can't come up with an argument again other than because I say so!

sasuga bnhtard.

>not have people attack either of the series' that I love, but hey, welcome to Sup Forums

That's incredibly naive OP.

>Because he didn't want to become a doctor
He wanted to save people, doctors save people.

>Deku is entitled for wanting to do the thing he wanted instead of settling for anything less

No wonder you're posting on Sup Forums

Doctors aren't the same thing as heroes retard. I think your argument is a failure try again next time.

Oh, it's another "I can't read Moon because I'm a dumb EOP but I'm gonna shit on Nasu's writing".

He's entitled because he threw a fit about not being gifted enough to be the next lebron, even though he didn't even put effort into it.

>He's entitled because he threw a fit about not being gifted enough to be the next lebron
That never fucking happened.

They both save people and if Deku's wants to just save people he could achieve it by being a doctor.

>all these headcanons
This is some advanced bait.

You know a good politician can save more lives than a single doctor

Yeah, that's cool and all until you become obsolete/outclassed by doctors with quirks.

Don't shatter the user's headcanon. It will make him upset.

kek
>good politician
There's no such thing.

>I wanna play basketball but I don't have the talent or height
>then go play soccer they're both sports
>But I wanna play basketball
>YOU'RE SO FUCKING ENTITLED HOLY SHIT

Heaven Canceller > Recovery Girl

No because Midorya is a generic shonen faggot MC as deep as a puddle. Shirou might be shit but goddamn he's a few levels above Midorya as a character.

>there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who think Midorya is a cool MC and a good character

I think he's a good MC. What about it?

>Literally every game he makes without Shirou as the main character sells like shit.
>No one cares about his Waifu

Deku wants to save people.
Doctors save people.
Deku gets to save people by being a doctor

>this is what fatefags actually believe

Both are great, but Shirou is the best mc of all times

You're bait is getting stale. No one is biting anymore.

>That's deep for a comic book
t.person who's read no comic books

What has become of my thread?

>THIS IS WHAT FATEFAGS BELIEVES HOLY SHEIT THIS IS WHAT THOSE FUCKERS BELIEVE IN

Shit thread fitting for shit OP.