Fire Punch

Chapter 68

Just when I think Agni hit peak crazyballs, and then he casually cuts off his own face by horizontally pulling a blade out of his head.

I wonder how many of those severed limbs belonged to Agni.

This is your kino for the night

We'll never know if helmet guy got rid of the armor or if Agni tore it off.

well judging by the dents

END

Thanks.

Absolute masterpiece.

Love it.

>entire dark souls man fight off panel
Dammit, that was almost as bad as the spear bitch dying so quickly after her initial hype.

I seriously hope the lesbian troupe survives, but I forget this is Fire Punch so my hopes are low as possible.

He did something similar back when he took the flaming torch to his face, back when he killed the ruffians. I guess he feels more comfortable beating people up with his face off.

Dark Souls "Cyberpunk" full armor set DLC.

It's about being comfortable, that maneuver literally seems to make him block all reasoning, so he can act without any sense of moral or guilt, to "become fire punch" = becoming an automatic robot.

*it's not about

I hope they can have a nice long talk after this. But I think it's more likely they won't.

As an aside here, I wonder how Nenetto will figure into the aftermath. She was at the scene and might still be there. Even if she isn't, she's made it clear she's gonna go to some lengths to get Judah.

>Best boy

Neck yourself, faggot.

Fucking masterpiece, can't believe Fire Punch is only Shounen Jump Plus' second most popular series (by a wide margin to boot) behind World End Harem, one contains shakespearean writing while the other is just a softcore hentai manga.

This is peak mangakino.

>He's still moving!
Well, no shit. Y'all know him as a guy who'd walk around everywhere while on fire. Getting up after a few stab wounds shouldn't come as a surprise.

So Dark Souls can actually talk. I wonder if he choose not to talk before or his mouth and throat are too burnt for him talk nornally without hurting like hell.

I don't think I've seen a manga make a turn like it has in terms of entertainment. I seriously hated it for like the first 12 chapters, and even up until around 30 I thought it was pretty boring but when it takes off it takes the fuck off.

Those lances pierced him good, and on vital muscles areas, can't blame them for thinking that could keep him from moving at least.

They also don't know that his regeneration is of a biblical level, more so than any other regenerator in the series since he was on fire for like a decade and then made it a daily process of killing himself for another decade. He can't live without pain.

I'm starting to think the author only pulled this "Fire Punch Mode" as a mean to skip drawing some fights.

There's only so many pages each week to tell the story with. A more drawn-out fight would likely mean some parts shown in this chapter would get omitted or held off until the next chapter, meaning it might have taken until next chapter to get to the point where this chapter now ended. I'm not sure I would have preferred that over what we got here. It's economical and I think it works for this series. Fire Punch hasn't gotten bogged down by slow pace yet, and that's something I like about it. I don't read it for the fight scenes and I don't expect to see much of that anyway.

plus hours of helmet guy trashing Agni would be more of a comedy montage

Think the author is trying to just rush things along at this point, feels like we're really sprinting for the end here. Which is too bad because I'd love to see chapters spent on kino slugfests but also kind of good because this feels like the sort of crazy series that could get cancelled suddenly and leave us all hanging.

Yeah, with most regenerators they aren't actually quasi-immortal, if you deal massive damage to them they can still die. His sister was a more regular regenerator for example, enough to last a bit longer but not enough to overcome fucking everything.

>feels like we're really sprinting for the end here
This manga has felt that way for the past year. I won't believe it's ending until the ending issue is announced.

The author's been cutting fight scenes since the very beginning, in the train.

>feels like we're really sprinting for the end here.
I think I've been hearing that since chapter twenty-something. He's just abbreviating and omitting some non-essential parts of the story. A choreographed action scene might be cool, but a protracted fight might not do much for the story the author wants to tell. So he skips past most of the battle and shows the conclusion the story is meant to build on. I don't think that's him being in a hurry to move forward, he just prioritizes the things that are actually important to the narrative.

HERE WE GO!

Pretty solid chapter. Can't wait for the next one

post >yfw

>people actually bitching about not enough fight scenes
Go fap to more one piece you faggots.

How that's even work? What about the bones?

Well seeing as he punched his way past underwear guy's armor, cutting a little bone shouldn't be much of a problem.

He only cut off his lips, nose, and the surface of his eyes. Most of the underlying facial muscles and all his bones are intact.

>ten years ago you were freezing your ass off because it was perpetually fucking winter and you only wore a bucket and a pair of briefs
>someone have you a coat and some pants to warm you up
>ten years later it's even more godawfully cold and yet you're back to the bucket and briefs combo
I get that he might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but couldn't he figure out 'warm clothes = not freezing your tanga-covered ass off' even after empirically having his ass warmed up by clothes?

I'd like to see the fight as well, but to be honest, I think the author doesn't draw them because in the end it would just be a guy slicing and slashing Agni till he gets too tired to resist and Agni overpowers him.

Agni looks fearsome and all, but he's pretty weak. It just happens that he's strong enough to do some damage and have infinite HP.

It doesn't matter how good a series is it can beat the cock

The turning point seems to be when Togata turns up, most of the reaction (mine included) where to write the book off as edgy trash with shit like dog fucking, making a kid drink piss and the rape city, but in the end I will admit I was wrong. Togata's train "fight" was such a great use of the medium it changed my opinion on the book.

>people are implying it was ever "edgy for the sake of being edgy" again
it must hurt to be so pleb you can't understand a setting.

Honestly it might be for the better, drawn out fights should be few and far between so the book can keep it's pacing, besides it doesn't fit this volume's genre

>We made a mistake

Is there anyone else that liked it from the beginning? I haven't seen anyone ever defend the beginning other than me. I still like it but I'm actually kinda on the fence about how over the top it got at one point.

I think its because his face is burned, what we saw of his eye in the last chapter hinted as much

I liked the beginning, it had good world building.

I mean he's weak in the sense that he doesn't have a blessing to attack with but he's swoler than anyone else on earth, he's probably the strongest human in the world not taking blessings into account.

well there was this pedophile criminal with super strength blessing in the early chapter. He was one buff guy until agni killed him and took his place.

I liked it from the start. I liked it more as I kept reading.

Heh

He's swole and certainly strong for a "natural human" and the malnourished chumps around him are no match for him , but there're humans with modified bodies (remember that both Judah and Togata had modified bodies at one point) out there, so I wouldn't put him as being the strongest.

What the fuck man

I'm pretty sure Togata didn't.

Yeah you're right, forgot about that. Still, base human with no blessing or mods, swolest there is.

Proper exemplary kino. Will Agni ever be happy without Director-san?

Yeah, Togata was depressed because she couldn't modify her body.

I'm not sure she mentions it, but I was pretty sure she had that endoskeleton thing, since she was fighting on par with the people that had it...

That's not the kind of modification we're talking about, user.

You forget to mention also that he himself stabbed his head to do that

I haven't caught up since he climbed a tree and punched the girl to death. I thought the series ended? Is it still as great? Why isn't Agni on fire?

Most people here are reading it because of the oneshot.

it's getting even better now that we know not being on fire doesn't really change the fact Agni is a complete lunatic right now.

Gee I wonder why. Being in constant pain would damage a mans thought process.

>bikini girl killed off screen
>dark souls guy killed off screen
It's a shame because both of them were cool, but i think this is a message from the author saying "this isn't a battle manga, this is about the angst of agni the madman", so i guess i get it.

It's pretty easy to tell how he was beaten although, just from what he said after it.
wonder how it feels to fight someone that is pretty much invencible.

>Is there anyone else that liked it from the beginning?
Yeah, absolutely. It grabbed me right off.

>I haven't seen anyone ever defend the beginning other than me. I still like it but I'm actually kinda on the fence about how over the top it got at one point.
Really? Granted it's been a long time since I can remember the first threads appearing on Sup Forums but I don't really recall any major hate on the beginning, I thought it was the contrary if anything, that people were a bit more conflicted by later developments. Although overall I still think it's been a hell of a ride.

This isn't really a bad move, if you don't draw the fights:
>Obviously don't have to draw it, less work for you and the plot moves along instead of wasting time
>Author might not be confident about doing justice to how cool the fight is supposed to be in his head
>If it ever gets animated, the studio has freedom to work with the fight and make something cooler than what the author had in mind
>A lot of directors and animators would probably love to have the freedom to do a fight in any way they wanted, as long as it doesn't break any rules in the setting

Doesn't Agni have one of them regeneration spots things? Just break that

Or am I thinking of a different series?

He doesn't.

Dog fucker man definitely caused some backlash.

>Author might not be confident about doing justice to how cool the fight is supposed to be in his head
Calling bullshit on this one unless his thoughts are otherworldly, he's shown to be able to draw some pretty good fights. Dark Souls mans intro was pretty great and action packed, Togata on the train too was super flashy.

I agree, however some authors just have low self esteem. He probably just doesn't wanna draw it because it's a pain the ass though.

The series is now Agni's descent into further madness, it only gets better

Pure kino

My sides.

Are we the only western nation to have licensed fire punch ?

Literally more EOE than EOE

I loved it as well. Cant fucking wait for more

We have it in Italy too.

Now they've done it. Pure insanity.

Why is the underpants guy called the dark souls guy?