Cuckifornia vs. Idaho

Sup Sup Forums, soon to be college grad here, looking at civil engineering jobs. I am from California but have lived in and loved the state of Idaho. I'm conservative and it has all of the outdoor hobbies that I enjoy, plus dirt cheap housing compared to CA. The thing that hurts in ID is the pay. I will make considerably more by staying in CA, even though there is plenty that I hate about this state. As a 21 year old with no debt what would be my best option at this point? Make bank in CA then leave down the line or just hustle in ID?

Other urls found in this thread:

eprpw.dot.utah.gov/Applets-Production/uconn/PreQual/PQ_A.asp
assets.utahrealestate.com/photos/640x480/1495637_0a3a7c75f16eddc0ed2f6ebe345bd3b6_486384.jpg)
cachehikers.org/Reports/HighCreekLake/HighCreekLake.jpg)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stay out of my fucking state

might see ya on the slopes bud!

>Not staying in California for the race war

Gonna miss out on the spic killing and the bombing of Los Spiculas, faggot. A worthwhile fight to die in, but lmao ok go to a shitty state without a god tier economy

At this point there's really no saving California imo. Good ol' Newsom will replace moonbeam

Fuck off they're full.

Get a job at INL and make bank, idk how friendly they are to civil engineers though.

Not if we all vote Vermin Supreme.

plenty of room for me

I will look into it

1 pony for every american

>plenty of room for me
Syrian refugee mindset

Stay home

Fuck off we're full.

You're right, civil engineering is definitely dominated by syrian refugees

I mean if you were a Syrian refugee I'd call you an idiot for not trying to take advantage of Europe bending over backwards to appease you.

But I'd also use it as an opportunity to get a free quality education and get a hot wife.

The cost of living has to be insanely low compared to Cali tho

It is. Where I am in California the most basic apartments and houses are like $1800 a month to rent. It just hurts to see CA engineers making that 100k while I would only be touching like 60-70 a year...

Keyword was "mindset," you absolute pillock

it made no sense to say that in the first place lol

Bet you got a purdy mouth, user. You're welcome to stay at my place for a couple of weeks any time you like.

>Dueling Banjos plays

t. absolute pillock
Stop idolizing this state, we don't care if you're right-wing, we don't care if you're a civil engineer, we don't want more Californians, period. The fact you even responded to an earlier post with
>might see ya on the slopes bud!
is just a solid sign that you, much like the average Californian, don't give a single fuck about this state except for its handful of "scenic locations," and its people like you that are the reason those locations are becoming shitholes that the average Idahoan now wants to steer clear of
Do the best thing for everyone and just stay the fuck out

You're not welcomed in Idaho. Don't care if you're conservative, stay the fuck out.

Damn. Lot of us Idahoans on Sup Forums or is it just me?

Stay. NVR leave

Honestly isn't much to do in Idaho. Lots to do if you're an outdoors person, but if you're indoors...

it was trolling, bud. But I would disagree. I care about the state.

Not what employers say

Im not an Idahoan and Im not OP but I regularly fantasize about living in on a plot of land in Idaho, Montana, Eastern Washington, Eastern Oregon with a wife who homeschools our 5 kids.

This fantasy is basically the only thing that enables me to function in my day to day life in the hellhole i live in

it works out to about the same when your factor in cost of living. Or at least only 10k apart or so.

As a fellow Californian faggot I have one question: Are you white? If so get out of California. The last city I lived in (Palmdale) is twenty-fucking-five percent non Hispanic white. Make money and move to Idaho to have many, many white children cheaply; or just bum fuck your way to Italy and support the removal of kebab.

>bud

that's some Californian shit that people hate.

Yes I am but I also enjoy the wages CA would offer me.

It's funny because I only ever heard people say it when I lived in Idaho

What would you prefer, having more money but your sons and daughters will have to choose between a Spic, an Asian, or a Nigger to go to prom with? Or living in Idaho with a little less cash and your offspring having actual breeding partners?

that escalated quickly

>Escalated quickly
How new are you?

No fuck you, stay in CA, dont come to ID

What the fuck kind of question is this? Idaho is better than Commiefornia in every conceivable way. Move to Idaho as soon as possible. The cost of living and tax variables more than make up for the income differential.

switch to construction. there's plenty of projects now since the cities of LA and I think SF are making all property owners retrofit or replace their buildings

thats what I am starting to think more and more. Plus better gun laws, less government in general

>muh shekels or better quality of life
Stay the fuck in California

Stay the fuck out of my state carpetbagger.

You're welcome in Maryland...lol. Honestly it makes difference wherever you go, all across the country we've got idiots saying stuff like, "There's only one race, the human race"

Yes. Please go to Maryland. Or west of I5 in Oregon and Washington.

Nah. Not much of an East Coast guy

Californians are fucking despised in the upper Northwest (WA, ID, MT).
If you go, change your license plates ASAP.

Washington and Oregon then.

noted

i will look into them, but they seem like California 2.0

Cali, but white.

come on buddy, we've got...uh...literally, a couple of counties that are basically just made as one big whole circus. We got crumbling infrastructure, that needs repairing, mostly in Baltimore. Finally, we got crabs! Which is why you'll see lots of marylanders with a sticker of them on the back of their cars

If you live in the right places there are similar environments available in northern utah, colorado, wyoming, and montana.

The places you want to look for good money are the government-funded projects. Military contractors or direct government projects like dams are the really solid choices. For example, my brother in law is the electrical engineer at a large dam.

If you're civil, your best bet is probably going to be in roads. Find out who the biggest road planning contractors are in the areas you're interested in, and try and get jobs there.

e.g. for utah:
eprpw.dot.utah.gov/Applets-Production/uconn/PreQual/PQ_A.asp

I don't recommend moving before you find work as an engineer, but that's not exactly speaking from personal experience.

>There's not enough room for 1 more engineer in fucking idaho
There are 19.5 people per square mile there. It's ranked #44 in population density. You'll be fine.

Its full. No more.

>Idaho
Enjoy those spics and refugees user.
Don't forget the white meth heads

Fuck off. Were full

>Grew up in Idaho, and moved to California for school and stayed for work.
Go wherever you want to live, regardless of the money. If you stay in California and you start making money at a good job and get a girlfriend, leaving will be very difficult. But if you set up base in Idaho you'll already be where you want to be, doing what you want to be doing, and with a good career will still be making enough money to live better than you would in California where it's next to impossible to buy a house.

Can anybody tell me if the mormons are a problem in Idaho?

I want to move to boise and get a job but how bad is the work environment there if it's ruled by mormons?

Mormons are never a problem.

Are they not hostile towards christians?

I have heard they control the economy in boise

Mormons are christians. If they send their guys buy theyre genuinely trying to be nice and if you really dont want them. Then tell them you woukd rather just stay the church you are. They should leave you alone after that.

No idea if they controll Boise.

Idaho is ~10% mormon.

I grew up mormon, so I may be biased, but here's my assessment.
>good neighbors, generally friendly and helpful
>most mormons are "social mormons" rather than obsessed cultists
>mormon weirdness gets stronger with mormon population density
>actively proselyting mormons do not comprehend that they are being a nuisance when they try and convert you

This is not true. They will not stop sending people to visit you just because you ask.

I don't really care about them knocking on my door or anything, I just don't want them not hring me for jobs or not giving me promotions because I'm not mormon

i've heard they are the jews of the west.

I also wonder if it's hard to meet a wife there if a lot of young people are mormon.

They are far more open to hiring non-mormons than jews are non-jews. For one thing, mormonism is a conversion-heavy religion, so everyone is a potential mormon. I'm an ex-mormon and I didn't have any employment issues after leaving.

Cross-religious marriages are frowned upon but do happen pretty frequently, plus like I said 90% of the people in idaho aren't mormon in the first place.

That's really interesting

Think I should go take a trip and check it out? I am really outdoorsy, big into hiking/hunting/fishing.

Do you still live in Idaho? or did you out?

Do you know how the job situation is there? I hear mixed things

My advice, graduate and get the fuck out of Idaho like I did. Otherwise you'd be stuck there forever.
There are way better opportunities in other places

Where'd you go?

I'm in Chicago and I want to move to Idaho

I live in northern utah, but I have lots of relatives so I go there pretty often. In more sparsely populated areas high tech jobs come and go. It depends heavily on the field you're in.

If you're after the rocky mountain environment you want to stay north of Salt Lake City, and close to the mountains, or on the other side in Wyoming or Colorado. Avoid the hipster containment zones and it's basically the same place. If you go much farther south it starts to turn into an arizona/new mexico climate pretty quickly. (pic related is moab). Much drier, and it's really hot.

For comparison, moab is about 3 hours south of SLC, and Ogden (assets.utahrealestate.com/photos/640x480/1495637_0a3a7c75f16eddc0ed2f6ebe345bd3b6_486384.jpg) is about an hour north.

There's plenty of hiking, hunting, and fishing on both sides. The salt lake doesn't have anything worthwhile obviously, but there are several smaller bays and lakes scattered around, and if you live farther north there's lots of mountain trails and lakes. eg this is High Creek Lake, a little north of Logan, at the end of a 5 mile hiking trail. (cachehikers.org/Reports/HighCreekLake/HighCreekLake.jpg)

For any relatively well-paying job you'll probably end up working in SLC or Ogden if you try to live farther north, but there are scattered companies in the smaller towns as well. Like I said, it's a matter of timing and your job field.

I lived in Boise. It's true. Lot's of Mormons. But like other anons said, most are pretty laid back about it. Not crazy fundamentalists. You don't really even realize everyone around you is Mormon until you start asking people if they're religious.
Hands down the nicest, politest city I've ever been in. In Boise, crime is extremely low for a city of that size. The surrounding areas where the Mexicans live can get a little dicey.
But all in all, a really great place to live as far as cities go.

How bout boise-area?

I figured I'd just move there. Housing is cheap and it has the most jobs available, plus it's not far from the mountains.

I lived in Boise and I moved to Florida. Thinking about maybe staying down here or settling down in Texas in a few years.

Really dude? I haven't been to Idaho but I can't stand florida personally.

I like the rocky mountains and high desert. So comfy and majestic.

But I am deciding between visiting Boise or Texas to find a place to live. My cousin lives in Austin and likes it, I hear there is a good economy there and decent housing prices too.

Boise is like a moderately colder version of ogden and above. Plenty to do around there, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc. but the winters are colder, longer and snowier. Going north from Salt Lake you get somewhat more rain/snowfall and colder weather the farther north you go until you hit the northern wilderness in Idaho.

There are also more lakes and forests in the area in general.

If you can find a good job in Boise, I'd say go for it.

I also hate florida. I was there for 6 months, in the middle of the summer. Utah/Idaho summers are far more bearable, basically the same temperature but almost no humidity.

>If you can find a good job in Boise, I'd say go for it.

Do you know anything about the job market there? I have been applying to jobs from where I am (Chicago) but haven't gotten any bites.

thinking about just moving out there and trying to get a job when I get there. Right now I have a remote job where I make like $300 per week, so maybe that could hold me over until I get something better

You do know that you can achieve that fantasy, or one close to it, if you just work for it right? It may take some time, but what you said doesn't sound unattainable.

dude chicago summers are fucking hell on earth.

It is like 93 degrees at 100% humidity with shirtless niggers everywhere and brown goblins waddling around. There is this cocktail of pollution and pollen that just sticks to your body in 100% humidity weather, your shirt just fucking sticks to you like a damp rag

Then the winters are -30 with windchill

That's just the weather. the culture is even worse.

Utah hates you commiefags too. Don't fucking come here

Ogden is meh, you want to be near Salt Lake City for jobs.
t. Student on Uni's mailing list for jobs.

Actually in Idaho (at least in Boise) it gets much hotter. 100+ degrees for 1 maybe 2 weeks.
Boise is also very dry which is nice actually.
It can also get below 0 in winter

mormons not that bad. just the wierd ones you point out on bycicles and suits in dead of winter. if your not in the call industry id play ball in california though. therapy, industry, pretty much everyhtings is dirt pay compared to LA.

Yeah, that sounds like the midwest.

I don't have a great perspective on job markets, since I've always been able to get a job within a few weeks of wanting one and putting out applications. Boise has companies that hire for a variety of positions, and it's 3x larger than any of the towns I've worked in. Eg. Micron has a building there, and they're currently hiring for several engineering and production positions.

You only need one job. Smaller places have fewer jobs, but also fewer people taking said jobs.

It hit 100 degrees at 100% humidity multiple times when I was in florida. I do agree about it being colder in the winter, but that's a given for anywhere in the rockies. Idaho's only a little colder in the winter than Utah.

You are only welcome in Idaho if you are a single issue voter based on gun laws, otherwise fuck off we're full.

you are not welcome here