HxH-fags unironically believe that this series is 'deep' and 'complex', with 'mature' themes

>HxH-fags unironically believe that this series is 'deep' and 'complex', with 'mature' themes.

It's just a kid series with some edgier elements.

who are you quoting and why did this need its own thread?

Op is a faggot that falls for false-flagging and make a thead about it.

>user thinks he is clever and mature because he cant identify interesting themes in media so he just calls it a kid series with edgy elements and calls it a day.

Op is a faggot

>edgier

Another underage faggot who uses shit words.

>I think a childrens' comic book is childish
>Better go brag about it on the internet

you forgot the shitty asspulls all over the place, overdone textbox narrations, scribble artwork, and constant hiatuses

Dumb phonenigger

What are the themes in HunterxHunter

Searching for what's truly important to you.

O

it plays in the OP

they're both the same guy btw

It's a solid shonen manga, but it feels like people who're super up their ass about it are just finding excuses because they don't want to admit they enjoy shonen manga.

They'll grow out of it. I was like that once too. I mean, you gotta read dark and mature stuff if you're an adult right? I mean how else is anyone gonna know that you're super mature and stuff.

YOU CAN SMILE
A
G
A
I
N

Forgive me for not living in my mom's basement so I can stay on my elite gaming rig constantly and hate anyone who comes into contact with sunlight

Stop screwing around on the internet, Leorio.

It's just a well-put together shounen. It has one of the more imaginative magical powers in a shounen.

Deep or complex? Not really. But it handles it's themes with maturity and they can be interesting themes too.

More than anything it's just fun.

i will not
i am my own master

Nen is one of the best, if not THE best, power systems to ever come out of shounen and manga in general.
Shitpost all you want, but you know it's true.

>O MY RUBBER NEN

Yes, and?
It was established long ago that nen can get even stronger after death.
It's kind of a spooky power system at times. Hisoka becoming a slasher movie villain is in line with that.

Instead of memeing, you should try to prove how this breaks established rules and fail miserably.

>Instead of posting in he feels the need to make his post a thread instead.
>This way he tricks himself into thinking that his post is more worth than anything but a feeble shitpost.

Netero and King fight is one of the best fights of all time, Let's just clear that up.

OP is drunk

Guess what, OP is a faggot

>defining morality
>minsanthopism
>individuality vs conformity
Just to name three

Gon isn't supossed to be white.

>MC falls into that ol' trope category of Blue & Orange morality, where he's just operating on different values than your by-the-numbers character.
>He doesn't care is he has to kill someone to achive his goals

Also about gon, dont forget that Zepile said about him: "Now I understand why this kid interests me. He doesn't care about right or wrong. When I admitted to making forgeries and when that trader gave me a hard time... He didn't react with accusatory glares or by plotting his own evil deeds. His reaction was very simple. Innocent curiosity! He opens his mind to everything that impresses him, right or wrong. Which means that he's dangerous... Someone who can never truly be appraised."

MY

it might be shit but you can't deny it's impact on the industry

t. tumblr

>deep and complex
Is this the way people say "the author have no idea of what the fuck he is doing"?
Seriously, this is the most random crap i've ever seen.
There is anyone that can give a simpe answer to the question: what is this manga about?

>zombie =/= getting resurrected without consequences
>O MY ASSPULL NEN
>Wrap my deus ex machina bungee gum
>Cause that's the way it should be
>Cause of death: suffocation
>Dead for a good amount of time
>Without oxygen being delivered on the brain he should be fully paralyzed after getting resurrected
>Gets resurrected just fine without consequence
>Pitou didn't get resurrected, its nen controlled the dead Pitou like a puppet that can't think and just gone berserk.
>Meanwhile, a faggot special snowflake walks away like he didn't die
Togashi is a hack, HxH became shit after Alukka was introduced.

>what is this manga about?
The initial premise is about the Main Character trying to find his father and starting this journey by going into the same profession as his father as his first step. It then becomes a globe hopping adventure as he meets new people and follows the few bread crumbs his father left behind for him.

I read that as "It posed as if to leap after them in a fursuit"

Even the concept of "hunter" itself is nonsensical.
What's the point? What they do? All and nothing at the same time.
Is just random battles for random reasons.
Not even fairy tail is so all over the place.

>Not even fairy tail is so all over the place.
At least try and use good bait user.

And? Life is also meaningless.

what you really are is a dumb contrarian who thinks he's hot shit and more intelligent than everyone else because he doesn't like something that's popular and/or critically acclaimed-Sup Forums tier

Fairy tail is based on self conclusive arcs. But there is a well defined role for the mages and what they do in a guild.
And there is a constant foreshadow about the final bosses of this manga giving a constant plotline to follow.

I'm still upset how easily the Chimera Ant arc could have been over if the guy with Potclean would have just stuck to the plan

True. But this apply horribly to adventure mangas.
Is like constant baiting. Characters and events are introduced but there is no real point about them.
Even Chrollo and his gang. Ok, there is the guy that want revenge, but the others? Why they would even want to be involved with them? Cause they're big meanies? And heroes always fight big meanies?

> I mean how else is anyone gonna know that you're super mature and stuff.
Kek. This exactly

>being this boring

Agreed, Togashi is really lazy so we don't know much about the world and the backstories of secondary characters. I still believe calling it pointless wrong since the events matter for characters themselves, especially for MCs. Gon and Killua were in it for the money first, then they learned that Kurapika was there and after them so Gon wanted to help. It might be boring but it's not out of character for him. Killua didn't want to be involved further for example, same with the other hunters in the association.

>>Without oxygen being delivered on the brain he should be fully paralyzed after getting resurrected
Haven't there been cases where people were out for an hour but came back fine? Not to mention Hisoka's flesh is far more resilient due to nen.

Also, I don't remember anyone complaining about the chimera ants remembering their past selves after being turned into meat balls and eaten. That would do a lot more damage than some oxygen deprivation.

Death by disease wasn't better

LITERALLY THE WORST ANIME EVER

CHIMERA ANT ARC CONSISTS OF 60 EPISODES WHERE 90% OF THE TIME YOU JUST GET TO LISTEN TO SOME FUCKING NARRATOR

IF IT WERENT FOR HISOKA AND THE SPIDERS THIS SHOW WOULD BE TOTAL SHIT

!!! IF YOU UNIRONICALLY LIKE HUNTER HUNTER YOU ARE AN IDIOT LOOKING FOR DEEPER MEANING IN A SHITTY ANIME BECAUSE YOU LACK MEANING !!!

THERE IS NO MEANING IN THIS SHIT

SORRY NOT SORRY

DAE Humanity bad??? Truly illuminating and thought-provoking.

>Without oxygen being delivered on the brain he should be fully paralyzed after getting resurrected
Humans in HxH clearly don't operate under the same rules we do.
Even without nen, a 12 year old can push a 16 ton gate.

KANGS

nuking north korea is a good idea

Humans are really interesting

So what I enjoyed the shit out of it

Togashi can't write to save his life, and it's full of asspulls, but for some reason i don't hate it.
That said, i don't think it's anything more than an ok manga to pass time between better things. I just wish he'd stop with the asspulls, almost dropped it when they used a literal plothax to restore gon's nen after gon-san

the point is that you can be a hunter and chase your dreams and do what you want. if it was any more defined than it is, this aspect of it would start falling apart.

>to restore gon's nen
You don't even read the series, do you?

That if those dirty ants hadn't wanted to be killed by us they should have stayed in their stinking holes.

"Hunter" is basically a term given to very powerful individuals for hire. There's even categories.

Can't tell if this is a false flag or if the people that vehemently hate this series are really this autistic.

This is how i can tell you're probably 12. You kids are so obsessed with whatever you view to be an "asspull" that it usurps actually understanding the story. Buzzwords have so tarnished actual discussion that it's become a waste of time expected anything more from baiting pre-teens looking top rile people up with these stupid claims.

Same goes for OP, the fanbase on this site is fucking terrible.

Humars are trash, OHHHH MY GOSHHHH SO DEEEEEPEPE

Congratulations, you didn't get it

Hunters are members of the Hunters Association. The association itself is basically just a government approved version of the Phantom Troupe, loosely aligned powerful nen users for hire. They're basically mercenaries with a veneer of respectability and a lot of leeway in what they do. They get tons of privileges mostly because governments use their services a lot, and because if you didn't give them what they wanted, they'd probably just take it.

>It's just a kid series with some edgier elements.

>Unga dere's alotta blud, ssooo edgy

How sheltered were you, little fella. Don't you know this is a 18+ site?

Why must everything have a deep meaning to be considered good? I'm just into it for whatever crazy and autistic shit Togashi wants to come up with.

I agree. For me HxH is about the adventure.

It's one of the two things people try to slam HxH with when they realize most if not all other contemporary battle shonen is shite so they try to attack the fact that Togashi actually doesn't treat his audience like chumps, going for the "hurr hurr you think this is deep, lool". This and asspuru. It's kinda pathetic but this is Sup Forums.

Christ, this. Complaining about asspulls is for people who are too lazy or stupid to figure out what they actually dislike about the series or what criticisms they can make about the writing.

It's basically just a lack of foreshadowing for a new concept being introduced to resolve conflict and that's usually a flaw I suppose, since solid foreshadowing is nice, but shock value and impact are just as nice and sometimes a writer will prioritize those. Sometimes a writer will come up with a good idea a little too late to be long established, that doesn't mean it's not a good idea. People have just latched onto it as the defining factor of bad writing because it's typically been a symptom of a writer running out of ideas after a long publishing run, so they're usually not interesting or meaningful. That is clearly not the case for HxH since every supposed asspull has been thoroughly entertaining and show a shitload of thought put into them. Togashi hasn't run out of ideas at all, but god forbid people evaluate the work as a whole when they have their simplistic, low effort critique they think automatically makes a series Naruto tier.

Sup Forums isn't the place you go when expecting some insight into taste. You have people just looking for a reason to not like something, people who don't like it but don't want to put effort into their posts, memers and trolls. It's inevitable that the vast majority of criticism of any topic is going to be shortform and dependent on using as many simple phrases as possible.

Alluka is Gon's bff's brother and a genie which can grant any wish (Killua supposes so) without repurcussions if you are Killua. This is shitty writing at its best. I mean, who geniunely thought Gon would die after Killua said he would save him? You can of course enjoy the run even if you know it, I personally liked seeing Illumi and Hisoka there, but I would prefer if Gon died desu. Not to mention Killua pretending to care so much about Alluka, going as far as to throw his potential of being one of the strongest hunters/assassins, since deleting him after saving Gon would be even worse.

I'm sorry but this doesn't mesh with the series at all.

We know that Gon is Killua's only friend and we see multiple times where Killua overcomes both himself, and his own conditioning in order to maintain his desire to protect Gon. Even going so far as to knock Gon out to retreat from Pitou and shoving his hand into his own head to remove a needle. So Killua going extra hard to save Gon is acceptable.

We know that the reason why Nanashi will accept orders from Killua is because unlike every other person it's encountered, Killua actually cares about Alluka/nanashi fulfilling the whole "creature of codependence" concept of the Ai. Basically, because Killua never used his wish granting sibling for anything and showed a genuine relationship he gets that privilege. Even trying to suppress nanashi was an attempt to protect it from future abuse.

We also know that being an assassin/hunter have never been major things for him. He started the series off trying to rebel against his family by taking the hunters exam. And the only reason he even got his license was because he needed it to do stuff with Gon. We also know from the Chimera ants arc that he had resigned himself to separating with Gon as per Biscuits statements.

The only thing you have is that we never knew the full extent of who Alluka was outside of a kid in a photo. But to say that it's shitty writing shows you don't understand that part of the election arc at all.

Alluka COULD be used for asspulls. Keyword: could. But Killua doesn't want to use her and her future role in the series is going to be very dependent on how Togashi writes her situation. She's a calamity, she probably isn't going to function as a wishing machine with no drawbacks no matter what assumptions we can make from the little we've seen of her.

Narratively, fixing Gon was justified and balanced because we had significant conflict building up to it. The conflict just came from external interference rather than how her powers work. Gon didn't have to die, Togashi could've lowered the stakes without changing a thing about the story since his vow wasn't explicit.

>So Killua going extra hard to save Gon is acceptable.
That's what I've said though, there was no suspense knowing Killua would save him in the end.
>We also know from the Chimera ants arc that he had resigned himself to separating with Gon as per Biscuits statements.
It was before removing the needle. Why would he still be so scared that he would betray Gon one day? Is leaving him alone in this world okay as long as he isn't the one that would kill Gon?
>But to say that it's shitty writing shows you don't understand that part of the election arc at all.
I called Alluka's introduction shitty, I enjoyed the arc. You are right about Killua having free wishes, but are you going to ignore how convenient it is to have a friend whose brother is the only way to save you in the universe (which expanded just so you can be saved)?
>She's a calamity, she probably isn't going to function as a wishing machine with no drawbacks
Does it really change anything? The fact that he was used that way once and then being thrown into trash along with Killua is enough. I sadly don't think we'll learn anything more about them considering the pace of the manga.

>there was no suspense knowing Killua would save him in the end.
You can say this about a lot of things in this series. We know Gon is going to defeat Genthru and beat Razor but the fun comes from seeing it play out. I think having Illumi trying to stop him supplied the necessary amount of tension to the scenario. We seem to differ on whether ot not knowing that Killua was going to succeed at the onset is a good or bad thing. It's not like this is Netero where you can sacrifice a character.

>Why would he still be so scared that he would betray Gon one day?
Because the needle only caused him to be wary of people, it didn't make him forget that Gon said some shitty things to him and Killua and he parted on those terms.

>ut are you going to ignore how convenient it is to have a friend whose brother is the only way to save you in the universe (which expanded just so you can be saved)?
We knew about the dark continent when the Chimera Ants were introduced. And narrative convenience could be a complaint, except Alluka now ties the Zzoldyck family to Netero's first expedition as well as gives us a taste of a true calamity.

There is no such thing as "adult themes." That being said, HxH has a lot of underlying themes (Humans vs animals, Morality, Selfishness, Revenge, and a few others), and it handles them very well.

This

My friend made me watch the entire fucking thing with him.
I couldn't tell him how much I was cringing throughout the whole thing because I was afraid of upsetting him, bUT JESUS CHRIST WHAT A RETARDEDLY BORING SHITSHOW
Literally worse than Naruto and Bleach.
Almost as shit as One Piece.
What is wrong with you people?
WHY

also
>I am unable to identify themes in a show

This. All 148 episodes.

unironically this

no matter how powerful you are, a nuke will fuck you up good

HxH managed to explore complex humane themes in a mature and intelligent manner, with the help of vivid imagery, subtle symbolism and parallels, as well as interesting characters and tons of plotting. Just to name a few: acquiescence, moral relativity, camaraderie, individuality vs the collective, self identity

Your lack of taste in the things aesthetic is insulting to me. You are just some dumb newfag who will never appreciate how good HxH is (literally seinen level).

imagine being this salty

>Togashi didn't treat his audience like chumps
>Literal exposition about the nature of humanity and shoves it in your face
It became one the most pretentious series with Chimera Ant, one of the reason I hated that arc to no end, but if one is fine with something like that shoved to their face, more power to them.
Not to mention some supposedly "smart" characters are only smart because they seemingly are able to see the future . Pariston's "my belief in Ging" that somehow ensures Gon's return just in time for election thus making Leorio withdraw is the worst offender in this regard

Only the most cultured anons with the bigger penises can understand HxH deep themes, just give up and watch you kiddie stuffs like One Piece and My Hero Academia.

Another series killed by reddit fags.

how?

Gon was in it to try to find his dad, Killua did it because he was bored.

Pitou deserved better, Gon is a piece of shit that deserves to be nenless and written out of the story.

>old man summons a handy standu
>handy standu uses bitch slap, it's super effective!
>not-cell's countermeasure is to move faster, how smart!
>not-cell warns old guy that if this keeps up, he'll chop his limbs off
>old guy: "ants should not talk to humans" or whatever (ooooohhhhh)
>this kept up, he chopped his limbs off
>but standu is still up, because "the prayer comes from the heaaaaart", how 34deep5me
>with the warmth that embraces the blahblahblah, standu uses biimu, it's super effective!
>not-cell is still standing, haha I win
>old guy: nope *kablooie*

that was hilarious!

now down play the hisoka vs chrollo fight
bonus point if you don't mention the O MY RUBBER NEN

>not-cell's countermeasure is to move faster, how smart!
Not true by the way.

>Pariston's "my belief in Ging" that somehow ensures Gon's return just in time for election thus making Leorio withdraw is the worst offender in this regard
That's an odd point to pick out.
Pariston didn't care about winning and even originally thought a different scenario would play out with him losing. It's not like it was some master keikaku or anything.
His belief in Ging wasn't really all he had. He knew something strange was going on in the background due to the situation with Killua and Illumi, and it was almost certainly related to Gon.
He didn't predict Gon would appear then in particular. At first he was at a loss when the Zodiacs made sure he couldn't drag out the election any longer. It was only when they felt that wave that he "knew" he lucked out and just had to stall until Gon showed up and invalidated Leorio.

Pitou deserved my cock shoved deep up her ass and cooter.

Pitou is mine