So why do people hate this show?

So why do people hate this show?

I only saw two episodes before deciding it didn't interest me, but I see most people around the net getting a great deal huffier about it.

Sup Forums loves Code Geass faggot. Some people are just a little tsundere about it.

>So why do people hate this show?
they don't it's Sup Forums's favorite show and it's almost in the top 10 in every anime ranking sites

The entire first season was an exposition for the second season.
And Suzaku ruined everything, he just fucked it all up

the only people that dislike it are mecha fags too unintelligent to understand the classic one ups between the characters

It kinda was his job to fuck everything up ,I hated the cunt but after hearing about the new season I got over it.

I watched the first season and hated it. Everything about it just felt like a shitty Gundam. I hear the second season is better, but I don't give a shit about any of the characters so I imagine I will also dislike the second season.

>Everything about it just felt like a shitty Gundam
And you would be right. Even the creators admitted it. The reason why its praised on Sup Forums is because nobody here went through Gundam before watching it.

>I hear the second season is better
You heard wrong. Second season is widely considered worse than the first

They couldn't handle the edginess.

There's a few really stupid scenes in it. I think it's good but I can see why others dislike it because of them

>t's Sup Forums's favorite show
thats not evangelion.

Shills and normies love it because muh edginess. Over rated show. I didnt like it either.

People hate the show because they're plebs. Season 2 did have bad arcs but redeemed itself and more by the end. If you hate Code Geass you probably also hate yourself.

>muh edginess
>that's not evangelion
there's some high grade irony right here.

Evangelion is at least 5x as edgy as Code Geass which did not feature people being mind raped and/or eaten alive by alien monsters intent on killing all humans, nor did it delve much into an abandoned child's issues with depression and responsibility.

Lurk more.

It's a massive failure of a philosophical art drama. Bad characters, bad plotting, bad intellectualism. It's entertaining as a shitpost though, and Sup Forums generally likes it for that.

So its just like every other anime then?

It's one of the most popular shows of all time
only a few vocal idiots whine about it because they can't get deal with multiple uses of the rule of cool in a single series

>normies
You would now, normalfag.

>Not liking the most FUN chinese cartoon ever made
I don't get you people.

Most anime doesn't try to be as ambitious and serious as CG, or is as overrated.

>Most people around the net

HAHAHA, I'm not sure if you're really expecting me to believe that or not. In most popular anime sites it usually ranks among the most popular so I'm really not buying what you're saying OP.

Guilty Crown on the other hand would fit this thread a lot better but most people already have an idea as to why that is.

I don't think anyone likes guilty crown aside its Japanese German

>the slog of an arc with CC's past boytoy who just would not die
>the monumental asspull of "kill all 11s"
The first season is pretty good besides that. The second is a wreck of ridiculous developments happening one after another, which can be incredibly fun at times but is mostly just stupid. Also flying is the worst thing that ever happened to the mechs. At least season 1 had tactics.

Don't you have a SAO thread to repost while you're at it?

Geass is a subversion of Gundam, and is actually MORE enjoyable if you've sat through Gundam first.