How to fix the Abyss

Why don't they just drill a tunnel to come out of the Abyss sideways in order to avoid the curse?

Other urls found in this thread:

may.2chan.net/b/src/1505244545879.webm
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hm.orz.kokoromati.BungyJumpIntoAbyss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's water there.

Look at the technology they have available to them, do you think today we have the technology to do that under the ocean?

because they don't know they could do that?

Ocean, ocean, filled with devotion.

I am surprised you had no parachute ending planned.

Because that way they would avoid Ozen.

Air would be an issue.

At that level, zone predation is already an issue. moving machinery and people to that level, and putting in place supports and airflow will be hazardous, even if its "under" the ocean.

Also, still no Ozen.

Would a suit made out of human skin and flesh protect you from the curse?

What makes you think only rising inside Abyss gives you curse symptoms?

I'm thinking its somewhat like decompression sickness - you'd get it from ascension regardless

The author may have NOT thought about this, and it may be 100% plausible given the universe's rules, if this were a real world and not a fictional story. But think about it, if you were the author, and you thought of this scenario and wanted it not to be the case, wouldn't you have written some rule to prevent this?

It doesn't matter if there's a loophole, because unless the author specifically intended for it to be there for plot reasons, it's implied the author didn't want this, and therefore would have written it out (if there was enough reason for it, in this case there isn't because how does the plot benefit from debunking that?)

Only if there is still hte owners soul attatched to it... Maybe you have to take a vedgetable, remove bones and exess organs, and preserve only the bare minimum to chain a soul to the body.

Then you have your very own Mitty to protect you.

>drill a hole into the bottom of the ocean

What could possibly go wrong?

The technology to dig 20km+ likely does not exist in the manga's world. Not reasonable to expect them to do it through an ocean as well. In addition, the depth is said to be at least 20km, but we don't actually know how far down the Abyss goes.

>drill hole connecting ocean and abyss
>ocean drains to level of hole
>no apparent change to the abyss
Don't fuck with things beyond your ken

Read the manga.

You are just creating a pathway for monsters from the depth to escape to the surface, massacring everyone

>people tried
>things killed their infrastructure project
>the end

Yeah, but did those that try have OC plot armour?

nobody said altair wouldn't be able to do it if she wanted to.

This. The deepest humans have ever drilled is 12km. Somewhere in russia.

because "up" is literally always away from the center of the earth. it doesn't matter if they drill through a wall. are all anime weebs this fucking stupid

>implying that "new" path doesn't fill with abyss flow just after finished

Read the manga.

And it's like 1m wide at the top and 25cm at the bottom.

how about making the new hole as entrance to the deepest hole? but do they have the tech to do this?

Why don't they just go all the way through the earths core and back to the surface on the other side?

Can't they just cut away the surrounding land so the bottom of the abyss becomes just part of the floor and no one has to descend/ascend (see pic)

Just use incinerator and Sparagmos to blow a hole on the ocean, flooding the abyss

What if the abyss was in ours hearts all the time?

this is legitimately a good plan. The curse won't apply and they can build it eventually.

even Reg could just shoot his beam down a few times times. I'm sure they have magical bullshit that is way better at digging dirt then us.

Why they don't bungee-jump into it?

Elevator or rope at least on each layer.

holy shit if you don't know how the curse works don't fucking post. kill yourself morons.

Why aren't the dangerous abyss creatures hunted to extinction? At the least the big flying fuckers at first and second layers.

They could start drilling from the top so it's easier.

The curse would probably kill you for descending that quickly. Also, there are many things along the center of the abyss that you might hit before landing, killing/impeding you.
Wouldn't the creatures of the abyss destroy those?

Enjoy getting eaten by monster.

may.2chan.net/b/src/1505244545879.webm
I'm certain mark would fetch a higher price in layer 6 than reg would.

Because people got butthurt when Bondorudo ended a bug infestation by burning everything, including places where delvers were

OP's idea sucks but this is not why, animeonly. The curse thins out further from the center.

>secondaries
>posting about how they think the curse works
>when we know how it works

ok just use the elevator w/ and make a pill that prevents the curse from doing anything.

/thread

Why don't they just fill in the entire Abyss with cement?

Because the addictive gas that causes the "curse" in the first place will fill the tunnel up in the exact same regressing density and the dig will be for naught.

>make a pill that prevents the curse from doing anything.
You sound like a good writer.

I see, a pill with tiny humans inside it
Why bonedad didn't think about rhis?

name one (1) flaw with this thread is so unorganized I don't know if this is good or bad.

There's no pill for that nigga, just loli soup.

Of course, we are talking about a human child after all, they have the highest value, Nanachi blessed or whatever is still a Narehate and Reg is likely considered property a thing at most not even a human

No one can dig 20k meters, Reg's beam goes like 50-100m and has like ten shots left after last recharge

Reg is Faputa's property

Why don't they just fill the abyss with oceanwater and go to the bottom with submarines?

If Nanachi is a bunny and Faputa is a moth, what kind of animal is Bonerdaddy supposed to be? Some kind of feline?

I think that even modern technology can't go 20km deep.

>nigh-immortal people
>magical objects
>time-stopping shit

>>>digging 20k is impossible

Why don't they send the world's nuclear arsenal into the abyss and wait 50 years for the radiation to clear?

> those arms
Sloth

because you'll die when you try to go back up

Why doesn't he just hang on the side of the Abyss and climb up then?

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hm.orz.kokoromati.BungyJumpIntoAbyss
Because you die when you hit the ocean

because he'll die when he tries to go back up

>Why don't they just fill the abyss with oceanwater and go to the bottom with submarines?
pressure

But now that chunk of rock falls out and blocks the abyss.

When powerful artifacts are recovered they are used for war. White whistles can keep a lot of artifacts but not special class and above (though some do anyway because no one will chase them). The only people who could organize to attempt to accomplish such a thing are on the last layers.
But more significantly, I think you overestimate how many worldwrecking artifacts exist, and every one we've seen has limited uses. Most people will turn into carpet before finding one artifact that can dig a hundred meters.
Here's an alternative answer: curse thinning out at the edges may not apply to the last layer, or the last layer may have impenetrable walls for one reason or another.

James Cameron did it

Why don't they dig a hole from the other side of the earth? so if they go down (green) from there, they can get back up without actually going upwards

Because Megaman ruined everything
Now the forcefield leaks out and earth becomes a death planet

Iirc the Kola borehole was 15 or 18 kilometers deep but no way big enough to fit any personel or machinery. Far from an actual usable tunnel.

I just realized something. What happens if you were to ascend the Abyss with someone's cum in your ass? There are millions of living things inside you, shouldn't they take on the curse while you take on the blessing?

Do they love you?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that something that can dig even 50m at a time exists.
Even if it takes them like a decade to dig this, it's crazy worth it.
we can't assume the walls are literally unbreakable.
read the manga.

Why don't they use a crane to grab artifacts from the bottom?

They aren't conscious nor have a bond with you.

Because:
a) Magma core and shit.
b) The force field would still affect you, it stops living things from leaving the Abyss, has nothing to do with gravity.

I wish you autists would try and figure something useful out. like curing tinnitus

They got one of those, but it can only be used in the upper levels of the Abbys because freaking flying monsters and shit.

>form a tight band of people so that you're touching bodies
>make sure everybody's heads are at the exact same height
>start ascending in unison
>upward pressure is evenly distributed over the entire area of curse
>it gets pushed up instead of being broken
checkm8

Fill it with cement and slowly break it down

When i die, I'll write in my will to be laid in the praying skeleton pose.

Why don't they use a big ventilator to suck up everything from the abyss to the surface?

>it gets pushed up instead of being broken
are you sure this is good idea?

Clever!

Why don't they just seal the hole, wait for everything inside to die from lack of oxygen, and then walk down there to grab all the items?

This is a good one
The forcefield carries air and light but you can just block th entrance

If they fill the abyss with water and then with lots of fish, the fish will take the curse and it will be safe to travel.

Does this have good scanslations yet?
Last time I bothered with this series half a year ago, like 10 chapters were done and they were all done by various people of dubious translation/editing skill.

The Abbys already has a perpetual wind flux from the bottom. Even ignoring the engineering infeasible of the project, the effect of a massive fan would be anecdotal a few hundreds of meters inside the Abyss.

Where do you put the rest of the Earth?

Bury it somewhere.

If Bondrewd was actually smart, this is what he would have done:
>take two shotas who are best friends
>do elevator thing
>harvest the sperm of the blessed shota, since they have all received the blessing
>impregnate hundreds of lolis
>their babies are born with the blessing
>create a whole race that's immune to the curse

of course the idiot trying to sound smart with big boy words thought that was a serious idea.

at the bottom

Fill the upper layer with explosives and blow them
The debris kill all the monsters

Giving the Abyss have some kind of air current from the top to the bottom, any ceiling trying to cover the Abyss would likely collapse due to the atmospheric pressure. A good question is where the water and air are going, but we'll likely don't know until they arrive to the massive maelstrom at the bottom.

A 20km cable would probably snap under its own weight and that's if they somehow manage to gather enough metal to make something that long.

Also, all this talk of destructive options like flooding or nuking doesn't really work unless you get rid of everyone living around the Abyss. Since most their food comes from the Abyss blowing it up is basically starving the entire city.

why don't we take those people

and move them somewhere else