Honest thoughts on the Fate series?

Honest thoughts on the Fate series?

Nothing defines Sup Forums in all its aspects more then it.

Honest thoughts on UMU?

Honestly I tried watching the first anime adaptation and didn't get into it and I've never tried reading/watching/playing anything else from the franchise.

I post on Sup Forums and I want to fuck Chloe's brains out.

Stop it!
Let it die with dignity.

Overrated. One of the FSN routes is shit, one is boring, and one is alright. FHA is overall pretty good though.

Does Sakura deserve the hate?

the best

>Stheno/Euryale that low

Fate is overrated shit but that taste is shit as well.

Gilgamesh:
>last standing servant in Zero
>killed various servants in FSN but never won the war
>won against various servants (including Karna), Alter Egos and BB in CCC
>won against Altera and various servants if we count his side story in Extella
>fought against Tiamat alongside other servants and won in FGO
>fought against Alcides in SF but nobody won

Lancelot:
>his only accomplishment in Zero is destroying Vimana
>got killed by Mashu and Jeanne in Orleans
>didn't manage to kill Arash before he used his NP in Camelot
>got killed by Agravain at the end of Camelot

'Tis it better to be simple and heroic, and save the dame, or wise and cynical, embittered by thy own failure and driven to Styx's cliffside knowing you can only save one dame at a time?

Alas, Shirou, I know thy pain. Whomsoever asked a hero if his duty was one of ease and leisure should be struck through by CĂș Chulainn's forsaken lance and tossed to the crows!

What fools are we, who march so firmly forward goaded by the old men safe in their castle! What fools are we, driven by our own nature to save and save those without but forsake our own selves for their pleasure! Doth God himself laugh or weep at our misfortune, friend?

Nay, speak not, I do not wish to know the answer. Let fools be fools, and perhaps they will save the wiser from their own mistakes. We race of old heroes are dying by our own hands, lost to time, and lost once more to the march of wisdom evermore marching into a future of selfish gain and tossed aside as the stray can of pepsi-cola. Move on yet, young Shirou, and move on - perhaps one day you may gain wisdom, but this old fool will remain here; I can go on no longer.

Give my fairest regards to Dame Ilya, and my firmest supplication for mercy to Dame Tohsaka, for I shall remain here until the sun is snuffed like a candle at bed-time. Do not worry for the labor, I shall bury myself.

A Man should die when he is killed, and I've been slain once by monster and thrice by man, and many times over by woman. Return a wise cynic, Shirou - Do not die as I did, by thy own folly.

She should really work things out with Mikon.

>That Top 5
pic related
>Rider at the bottom
Fuck you, nigga status revoked.

I was really happy that Zero got a good adaptation, but now the franchise is literally unstoppable and out of control.

Nasuverse was cool, but Type Moon stopped making new stories after Mahoyo flopped and FGO is printing money, so we're stuck with it

It was cool at the begining, but now with FGO and lmassive milking the licence is complete shit.
Also tfw no tsukihime anime.

SAKURA: Shirou, mine flesh aches with hunger.

SHIROU: Are you unwell? Shall I bake thee supper?

SAKURA: Nay, not that manner of hunger, but rather the hunger of a woman for a man.

SHIROU: I fear thy words mean nothing to me. Speak again, in simpler terms.

SAKURA: I would lay with you, fool.

SHIROU: Alas, understanding yet passes me by.

[Exit Shirou, stage left, followed by a frustrated woman]

>FGO

Ilya!

Is dumb doesn't deserve the love of true ROMA.

Really entertaining concept that Japanese authors manage to make barely watchable, as usual.

Illya and Kirei are miracles of the universe, and Zero is really good show.

Pretty much everything else is shit, especially Shiro; I can't understand why anyone likes him as a MC.

Excited for FSN [HF]?

>Illya and Kirei are miracles of the universe, and Zero is really good show

It's the franchise that kinda defines Sup Forums in many ways

True Assassin's face is a skull, and yet he still has a bigger nose than those women.

She's an efficient litmus test for whether someone is a cancerous pleb or not, since her haters are illiterate meme shitters. Meanwhile, she's well-loved among the astute readers who know what they're talking about.

>wormfags actually believe this

It's nothing more than a waifu generator now.

She's at her waifuest in Extella, I like it.

Oh boy! I can't wait for the movie to come out.

Wormfags are fedora wearing autists, got it.

Yes.

>all this shit taste

>worm
>fedora
Case in point.

>Takeuchi: The image of those worms became too strongly attached to Sakura, and I think we did a pretty mean thing to her....We're making "Fate/hollow ataraxia" now, but even in that, there's been talk of how it'll be hard to dispel Sakura's negative image...

>Nasu: Aww, I don't think there's any need to dispel it, though. Isn't it alright for worms to just be part of Sakura?

I like Sakura.

Umineko is better

Jeanne is best for what!

>Blowjob
>Paizuri
>Intercrural

It's the only franchise that you can track discussion of for Sup Forums's entire lifespan.

>only

The others I can think of had gaps in their discussion

>Not wanting a witch housewife.
You'll win trips to Hawaii all the time.

>watches worst adaptation
>I guess this must be the peak

Whore of Babylon.

Her image has never been negative or worm-related except to illiterate memefags like you who everybody else sees as cancer for good reason.

>watching adaptions at all

Hmm

>Liking literal sluts

>rider at bottom of the list
disgusting shit taste autist list maker

>love thy neighbor
>meaning lol dude sex lmao

Yeah just go ahead and forget the first lines of text, that's a healthy plan. Block it from your memory.

Good taste in best girl shit taste in everything else.

>His harem is expanding faster than the universe
>He once missed a shot just to see what it feels like
>He has amassed an incredibly large armory, and it is said he never forgets a blade
>His abs feel like tempered steel
>The hurdles he jumps have been known to affect girls miles away, in a slight, but measurable, way
>He once beat himself in a sword fight

>He is the most interesting Servant in the world

>"I don't always wield swords, but when I do, I prefer Kanshou and Bakuya"

Fate is an interesting story with compelling ideas, characters, and themes, but one which ultimately is dragged down by the numerous issues symptomatic of early Nasu works; that is to say, tremendously bad pacing, over-exposition, and tedious repetition. KnK, Tsukihime, and Fate are a collection of interesting ideas told poorly, but there is still something to be said for all of those titles. What Nasu gained through the years in his professionalism as a writer, he has also lost what arguably made some of his earlier works so interesting -- their bite.

Frankly I don't hold out much hope for modern Type-moon, as their mainstream success and popularity hasn't been good for their creativity. It's a shame that the company which defined a great majority of my adolescence has become nothing more than a corporate cocksleeve - one which has endlessly pushed off more interesting pursuits in favor of Fate, Fate, and more Fate.

Nasu is forcing her too hard. It really would have been better for fans to naturally come to like her like they did with Arturia, but I think it's little too late now.

>Frankly I don't hold out much hope for modern Type-moon, as their mainstream success and popularity hasn't been good for their creativity. It's a shame that the company which defined a great majority of my adolescence has become nothing more than a corporate cocksleeve - one which has endlessly pushed off more interesting pursuits in favor of Fate, Fate, and more Fate.
So much this. Holy shit. Fate is one of my favorite visual novels ever and I just want it to die now.

What do you guys think of Fragments?

Who was the best final boss, Kiara, Kirei or Roa?

Get the fuck out of here with your mary sue god originchild bullshit.

The entire point to this is to be her villain origin story.

Why? FGO is peak Fate kino.

There are so many entries across many mediums that it's too difficult to get into as a newcomer

brainlet mobagetards actually believe this

It's peak shit.

>FGO is peak Fate
>kino
fuck off

Kill yourself.

I always hear this as a criticism of Fragments, but what exactly happens in it? Are the LNs translated anywhere?

>eva shitter
95% of all evangelion discussions boil down to waifufaggotry with 4% being about the shit rebuilds and 1% being any actual discussion of worth. Kys.

Kirei>Zouken> Araya = Goetia > BB> SHIKI=Manaka>Twice>Nero>Roa>Gil>Kiara>Sefar

Fate/stay night + hollow ataraxia

>Nasu was basically only gonna have minimal involvement with Fate/Grand Order, only writing the major story bits
>The two writers he hired to write most of the Singularities turned out to be incompetent

TYPE-MOON is a failure of a company.

I've heard that the writing gets better from Camelot onwards or is that just another meme put out by Sup Forums?

Nasu has been going, "Oh, I'm not going to work on Fate much more" for about a decade now. You really can't trust anything that habitual liar says.

>angry secondaries

Nasu says that FGO rescues Prototype outline before he caved into Takeuchi and destroyed his original idea which was always about heroic spirits battling enemies of humanity. Urban fantasy was the backdrop before shit hit the fan. The criticism toward a selfish Grail system which was spawned by shitty magi that disturbs their true roles and function of Heroic Spirits which FGO finally addresses in London. All that was going to be explored in Prototype too.

FSN was destroying his vision, FGO is Nasu finally doing what he wanted in his youth, comprising a bit because it's less shoujo.

What the hell is it with japs going "I swear, I'm completely finished now" and then immediately going back to work on yet another sequel.

Camelot is good, but only just. Doesn't really hold a candle to his older stuff in terms of the content.

>It's good because Nasu says so
>Muh original vision!!!
Nasu is basically the George Lucas of Japan.

Stop nostalgiafagging about FSN and stop with the NOT MUH FATE crap already. I'm the first one to tell you to stop being a filthy secondary and read the fucking VN, and I would very much wouldn't complain if we had another classic HGW VN or LN or anything, but there's no point on trying to keep pining for a past that's already gone by.

It does. The problem is Nasu's the one doing most of the writing from Camelot onwards because the other two are so shit at it.

The bigger issue is that Fate is the only product they have that makes money.

Examples?

t. Nasudrone

Nasu's always been a firm believer in "Write whatever you want to write".

It's a double-edged sword.

>permitting anything that fails to follow the thematic and setting conventions established by Rakkyou, Tsukihime, F/SN, and DDD
>possibly believing Grand Order or Extella remotely managed to capture those conventions at any point
>insipid fanservice garbage at worst which utterly destroys Nero's character
>the most inconsistent braindead shounen idiocy at best
>not full autism rage at the state of the setting and Nasu's increasing incompetence, given the existence of F/GO
>EX rank fucking everywhere on everyone
>all of these pathetic attempts at humor in the years following Mahoyo's fumbling publication
>now all the fucking memes are the most prominent thematic and setting conventions within Type-Moon works because they've been used more than the original ones Nasu wrote of during TM's first 7 or so years from 1998 to 2005
>no DDD3 (2007)
>no GW (went from being a VN to anime, tba since 2010/2011) we only got a summary and and nearly empty website
>no Tsukihime Remake (first shown in 2008, then announced for serious until the fes)

The whole "Mahoyo didn't sell enough, so let's just go back to Fate and milk the shit out of it" mentality is tiring. This is what happens when a doujin company that used to give a fuck goes commercial and starts getting a taste of money and can't get enough of it so it just continues to recycle the same shit over and over. Extella was the last TM game and it's a fucking musou game for crying out loud.

Type Moon lost its root and it's just following the trend with garbage of today's generation

I couldn't get past the prologue of the VN, but I didn't mind it. Now I'm sick of all the Saberfaces that keep popping up on websites I visit.

>Fate is the only product they have that makes money
If that's the only thing being put out, then of course it's the only thing that's going to make money.

Extella was honestly so bad it was embarrassing. Some of the clingiest writing Nasu has submitted.

>Nasu tries to create proteges so they can make Fate for him from now on, and he doesn't have to work.
>He can just sit back and play games, and let the money come in
>They suck
>He comes back to write the end of the story, but warns "Okay, I'll give you EoR now. Try not to fuck it up. Try not to fuck it up"
>They fuck it up
>He has to come in again and write CCC event to show how its done.
>Agatha sucked

What happened is he's trying to make people that can take over for him, but its not working. They don't know how to do shit on their own.

Palette swaps are cool.

>permitting anything that fails to follow the thematic and setting conventions established by Rakkyou, Tsukihime, F/SN, and DDD
Is that in itself really so bad? Nasu's always just done whatever he's wanted, and he's always urged his employees to do the same.

>not full autism rage at the state of the setting and Nasu's increasing incompetence, given the existence of F/GO
There's nothing wrong with F/GO's concept in and of itself. You're just being meaninglessly indignant and self-righteous.

>all of these pathetic attempts at humor in the years following Mahoyo's fumbling publication
TYPE-MOON's always been a silly company

At first it was pretty neat and I liked it, but with each new iteration it gets worse.

Not enough shirou/ilya doujins

FS/N will forever be a classic to me, regardless of its or the rest of the series' quality. I just read it at the right age where everything about it will just forever be memorable to me. I still know the UBW chant by heart and Saber was probably my first waifu

They did put out a new product. It was called Mahoyo. It tanked.

Is Fate the FE: Awakening of Type Moon?

>Nasu: At first I'd aimed for CCC to be something that can be enjoyed on its own, even more so with Extra. And that Extra can be enjoyed even more with CCC, like Fate/hollow ataraxia to Fate/stay night. But as I wrote the scenario, I became aware of a desire to state the "answer" of the Fate series, which has been continuing for almost ten years now. After ten years, I finally realized that "this is what I wanted to say with the Fate series." If I'm able to complete this, then there'll no longer be anything left for me to say.

Why did he lie?

Mahoyo was 6 years ago and it didn't even tank. It just sold below expectations, and a lot of that was Nip resistance because it was a short, full priced VN without voices. It's Nasu and Takeuchi's fault for being retarded.

The only singularity even close to overall nasuverse quality is Babylon, because it at least resembled a coherent story closer to original nasuverse themes. And even then that's like, 7/10 at most when stuff like FSN, FHA, CCC, Tsukihime, KNK etc are practically between 9/10 and 10/10.

First Five singularities are literally barebones mobage stuff that in many ways exemplify the worst of what was done to Nasuverse and contradict the original ideas it had. Say Pandering five times really fast.

Sixth is just fanservice to all the zero "fans" who bitched how Saber is not "Kingly" enough. Not to mention the worst gameplay encounter design ever. Considering where it is set at I expected something cool and more in line with Zero and FSN stuff and all I got is anime as fuck fantasy tropes.

The "finale" singularity was some of the most brain-numbing juvenile bullshit possible. Asspull after Asspull, while at the same time shitting one of the most hyped things in old nasuverse.

The remnant singularities are just plain average. Not as bad as first 5 or final one. Nowhere near seventh.

And even Seventh's strength is overall premise, presentation and story. certainly not characters. The only remotely decently written character is Roman and even then that's average as all hell when compared to characters like Shirou, Illya, Shiki, Saber, Shiki, FSN Archer, etc. And even with the things that are cool about it it is as far from Nasuverse as it can be and way into all chuuni high fantasy shit instead of mature contemporary fantasy stuff that most of nasuverse was grounded in.

And again that's 1 story arc out of entire mobile game. That is like saying Apocrypha is one of the best because Moedred's fight was cool and volume 1 is decent.

>where everything about it will just forever be memorable to me.

Explain?

>threads that devolve into route wars
>threads that devolve into waifu wars
>threads that devolve into author wars

And you faggots have been doing this exact same thing for ten years. Fuck man, Prisma Ilya threads are unironically the best Fate threads anymore because they have the least amount of autism.

>Prisma Ilya threads are unironically the best Fate threads anymore because they have the least amount of autism.
prisma threads are just yuribaiters and pedophiles vying for being the one who could post their waifu the most

the most braindead non-discussion imaginable

Never delivers on its potential and is wildly overrated even at its best. Quality:Shit ratio is 1:9