Am I the only one who thinks that the Kaiji manga has gone to shit ever since the end of Mahjong?

Am I the only one who thinks that the Kaiji manga has gone to shit ever since the end of Mahjong?

Anyway, what do people think of the latest game?

Idiots in helmets is easily the second best arc in Kaiji.The current game is good but painfully slow,though I'm sure all the other games were too for people who read them week to week.

now that one poker has ended, i think it was one of the better arcs. kazuya is a great character

RIP

the question is... who gonna hog all the money? Chang or Mario?

takazaki

Did he die?

>now that one poker has ended
Wait, what? When? I'm not keeping up with it, just waiting until Fukumoto ends it and read the whole arc. Did he finish it?

Kazuya get in trouble for losing billion of yen, will get executed by his better brother. Kaiji being a moralfag decide to "gamble" with Kazuya brother for his freedom. the money will be used as gamble fund.

It's almost over in sunrise land,but the translation is still 6 volumes behind.

Wasn't a fan of that game.

The basic strategy was figured out really quickly and all they had to do to win was just to repeat it. The only challenge comes from Kazuya meddling in bullshit and unfair ways, which gets more and more artificial as the game goes on.

Plus Kaiji does nothing but scream and cry throughout the whole game.

>Plus Kaiji does nothing but scream and cry throughout the whole game.

It's not much of a game at all,more of a study Chang,Mario,and that other asshole who's name I don't remember and how each of them struggle when given the choice between money and the lives of their friends.It's the most FKMT idea that FKMT has ever put to paper.I do wish Kazuya meddled in it a bit less,but as the manchild he is it makes sense for his character.Watching him and Kaiji argue philosophy was also fun.It probably could have been a couple volumes shorter,but that's not a problem unique to this part.
>Plus Kaiji does nothing but scream and cry throughout the whole game
What else is new?

>UnlecseebootU
what did he mean by this?

No, kaiji saved him because he is retarded
The game is over in japan, arc should be wrapped up in a few more chapters

>Am I the only one who thinks that the Kaiji manga has gone to shit ever since the end of Mahjong?
No, you idiot. If you entered even one Kaiji thread you'd know this isn't the case.

Would One Poker be more interesting if the deck wasn't mixed?I think it would be.It would add another layer of strategy since there'd only be 4(or any multiple of 4) of each card and the players would have to try remember how many of each is left to weigh the odds of their opponents having certain cards.

nah, its lenghty enough as it is

That's just an issue with the pacing.
>entire dedicated to nothing but Chang and Mario flipping shit over how Kaiji is a gambling genius and explaining how his play saved their lives

>entire chapter
oops

The concept is fine but I honestly lost interest in it due to how dragged out it was, even by the standards of Kaiji-pacing. I wish Fukumoto would learn how to pace things faster from Zero, but if anything, it's been the other way around with Zero part 2's final arc being about 2 volumes longer than it needed to be.

I haven't been following Kaiji and Kazuya's game after that arc but I hope it's better.

why is kazuya the worst gambler ever
>haha,with this card I can beat Kaiji I'm so fucking smart
>thinks for 5 seconds
>visibly flips the fuck out for 3 chapters
he canonically has a worse poker face than Chang and Mario

It's because Kaiji is different. Normally, Kazuya would be able to read people and understand the normalcy of others. As a person, Kaiji is an extreme outlier.

Well, Kaiji does bring this up. Kazuya is a spoiled brat. He wears his heart on his sleeve. I'm glad that he still has that. I was kind of worried that later on in the game they would not have him display that trait for the sake of tension. But I guess I was wrong.

Wait a minute that fucker on the left is Mister King from Ranma.
Is he in Kaiji too?

He's the main antagonist,actually.