ITT: Moments when a series jumped the shark

ITT: Moments when a series jumped the shark

>It's an Overhaul turns into a pokemon chapter

What did he gain from fusing with a guy whose quirk is to just make people talk?

arms

Woah...

additional arms for his one-touch ko style of attacking?
whatever the reason it looks dumb and i hope this arc is finished soon.

These threads jump the shark when someone posts an actual example of jumping the shark.

Everything after this was just shit.

Wait people are actually upset at this? I thought it was pretty cool.

makes little sense to turn into a fucking lizard men. It's already a stretch that he can fuse with people just like that.

>It's already a stretch that he can fuse with people just like that.

Not really, considering how powerful his Quirk has already been shown to be.

OP just needed an excuse to shitpost MHA

Why? he can reassemble things at atomic levels. He can turn into whatever the fuck he wants.

He could literally make his own OfA if he fused himself with 8 other persons.

>fuses a guy with a tyre
>kill and reassembed one of his own men to recruit him
>it doesn't make sense he can do both at the same time

That lock and key obsession is spilling over to his kid's decor.

Okay I take that back, it makes sense, still feels retarded to me the design he was given after fusing with some normal dude.

You guys are so fucking whiny holy shit

He used the flesh and bones to make more arms and hands for himself. Overhaul's quirk is OP as fuck, but it only works if he touches something with his hands, so having more hands is one of the best uses of a fusion for him

It looks like he fused a bunch of clothes with his flesh too

It's not supposed to be cool, it's supposed to be desperate - it shows that Overhaul is desperate and going full psycho, like a cornered dog.

For me, that design articulates it perfectly

This
Plus it feets his character and the mental state he's now in after getting almost rekt by Mirio - sacrificing a life and his own body just for any advantage that he can get.

O

Be that the case I think there's no real reason for him having claws and specially his mouth turning crazy like that, what I'm saying is that I believe the primary reason for his design being like this is simply for the sake of being 'badass'.

MY

OVERHAUL

Is this a doujin? I dont remember this and i definitely would have remembered it.

NEN

>what I'm saying is that I believe the primary reason for his design being like this is simply for the sake of being 'badass'.

Then you missed some things about how fucked up Overhaul is as a person

Did you not read today's chapter?

It's quirk, dumbass. You ruined it

Well, yeah. It's a shonen series about super heroes, dude.
Do you get mad every time you see Batman wearing a cape?

The pronoun shit, mineta shitting and now this. Horikoshi is a cuck, isnt he?

>The pronoun shit, mineta shitting
What?

Also depicting a marriage between different races isn't being a cuck. You do know those exist in real life, right?

>Okay I take that back, it makes sense
Good, now delet yourself since you can't delete thread

Horikoshi was massively virtue signalling with the Pronoun shit, and the whole "he has all your genes and none of mine" ofc happens when the male is black. Horikoshi wants a BBC to impregnate his asian girlfu. What a pathetic cuccboi

There's two cases 2 that example, some artist make batman's cap functional as a way for him to glide, I like that. Not that great of an example though because costumes are meant to be symbols regardless of functionality most of the time or at least in bat's cape it serves a purpose regardless of whether it has functionality or not.

>Has to black a girl still in college
>Her hair is even dyed
KEK

>INB4 Lock Rock dies leaving her a single mother
>P O T T E R Y

You can't be serious. These things are supposed to look cool. Functionality is some bullshit they retconned into it later.

Fuck, discussing this series is never going to be comfy ever again is it?

He actually got pretty good quirk for gate keeping. Just lock your kid in place and it won't run away. Only Midnight has better - put it at sleep and it won't cry during the night.

What was even the point?
Chisaki only had to keep spamming spikes to win, since Nighteye had to protect Mirio.

He probably was at his limit

the projection is strong in this one

Whats the limit of his quirk?
The power levels we are reaching is starting to become ridiculous, the fun thing about quirks was that they were almost worthless/or had a major drawback that the user had to deal with.
At this rate we will end up with "DC Universe Japan Edition"

that's what happens when anime come out

Overhaul is the top villain, only League of the Shadows and All for One sensei are more dangerous.

>chapter is out on Wednesday

What the fuck?

kys etocuck

That's what I meant by being a symbol. But what you said is also true which I don't really like, things being cool for the sake of being cool, for the sole reason of being a shonen or whatever credibility has to be discarded.

Also, wouldn't Overhaul died inmmediatly when he destroyed himself? He wouldn't have time to reassemble himself.

He didn't destroy his brain so he had a couple of seconds at most to reassemble himself.

>combines with lackey to get biomass
>now he's a physical threat both in terms of body and quirk
>somehow this is bad

You fags will complain about anything.

>that design
ow the edge

This
Not even talking about all the hits he took from Mirio and Midoria - he would have to use his quirk on himself anyways in order to heal so he decided to power up while he's at it.

It fits the character

Why he didn't heal himself before when he was fighting against Mirio?

Hell, why didn't he fuse with the guy when he was fighting against Mirio?

>>Has to black a girl still in college
He's like 30
>>Her hair is even dyed
Never underestimate anime hair

B-but I love Yveltal's design

Why doesn't he cure cancer, then?

How is it a stretch speed reader kun?

Overhauls already been shown to manipulate matter, organic and non organic, like a god. How is this any different?

He's a fucking villain, and a member of the yakuza at that. You think he gives a shit about other people after what he's done to Eri?

I dropped this shit since ofa vs afo

He never fused organic matter of different people together before

Nothing noteworthy has hapened since, good choice.

That's nothing, I drop this shit every week

curing the world of mutations is more important for him

Fuck
I also want to drop this shit but for so reason I can't.
I know that it's mediocre as fuck but I just can't drop it, how did you do it?

>White background

Is this the new Bleach?

What shitty manga do you read that you consider good? I bet its HxH

just the author dying

So when will someone explain to me why Stain and All Might look so much alike

Well, he specifically asked that dude that if he'd mind dying for him. I'm thinking that fusion kills the other person and Overhaul still needed the guy up until that point.

Well, I didn't really like that much to begin with. You don't really have to drop it (but I advice you to search for a way to drop this shit)

What the fuck nigga? I thought it was pretty cool. Mirio and Overhaul's quirk are one of my favorite power of all time.

Come on, this shit is mediocre.

Do they intentionally pick nondescript locations like secret passages just to get away with it?

Tokyo DTED.
Kushuku gakkou.
Jagaaaaaan.
Otoyomegatari.
Helck

was in latest chapter when Rock Lock was having his little monologue

>literally killer queen and crazy diamond combined
How is this balanced

cuz fuck em

Not that user but yep, shitty manga that you consider good. Helck and Jaaaaaagan are no different that BNHA in terms of mediocrity.

I dropped it when the villains attacked the forest retreat, and Deku--with shattered broken arms, and even going far beyond 100% power--beat up the super strong bad guy because plot armor.

>Helck and Jaaaaaagan are no different that BNHA in terms of mediocrity
How

Raw materials. His fingers seem to be tipped in bone claws, and I'd wager he effectively has denser muscles and bones at the moment to effectively give him low level super strength and durability.

Actually it's more like a crazy diamond which can be used on himself and the hand

Is it Rocklock or Lockrock? Make up your fucking minds niggers.

Holidays apparently.

He doesn't want to cure cancer, he wants to make yakuza.

Cancer has probably been cured already or maybe quirks are just evolved cancer

That would be a hell of a way to spin the news.
>Congratulations, you got a quirk that creates tissue inside your brain!

>It's not supposed to be cool, it's supposed to be desperate
Dude basically nomufied to give himself claws and monster teeth.

It's quite blatantly supposed to be cool(not that there's anything wrong with that)

They just aren't that great. They're ok. Nothing stands out about them.

Yes yes I can feel your anger.