No progress for African Americans on homeownership, unemployment & incarceration in 50 years

Why is this happening, /pol?
>Convened to examine the causes of civil unrest in black communities, the presidential commission issued a 1968 report with a stark conclusion: America was moving toward two societies, “one black, one white — separate and unequal.”

>Fifty years after the historic Kerner Commission identified “white racism” as the key cause of “pervasive discrimination in employment, education and housing,” there has been no progress in how African Americans fare in comparison to whites when it comes to homeownership, unemployment and incarceration, according to a report released Monday by the Economic Policy Institute.

>In some cases, African Americans are worse off today than they were before the civil rights movement culminated in laws barring housing and voter discrimination, as well as racial segregation.

>7.5 percent of African Americans were unemployed in 2017, compared with 6.7 percent in 1968 — still roughly twice the white unemployment rate.
>The rate of homeownership, one of the most important ways for working- and middle-class families to build wealth, has remained virtually unchanged for African Americans in the past 50 years. Black homeownership remains just over 40 percent, trailing 30 points behind the rate for whites, who have seen modest gains during that time.
The share of incarcerated African Americans has nearly tripled between 1968 and 2016 — one of the largest and most depressing developments in the past 50 years, especially for black men, researchers said. African Americans are 6.4 times as likely than whites to be jailed or imprisoned, compared with 5.4 times as likely in 1968.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5IgBRBfB7EE
theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/16/slavery-starvation-civil-war
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We did this. I apologize, PoC, on behalf of all whites.

Niggers gonna nig

Nobody puts a bunch of beavers in a foreign land, builds them little homes with electricity and heating, and then wonders why they turn around and start chomping down all the trees. Likewise no one should wonder why niggers get nigger results regardless of where you put them.

Wypipo be raycis 'n sheeeeit

Give it another 50 I'm sure they'll come around.

Blacks will NEVER get ahead if the vast majority of their families are single mother families.

Until Blacks start getting married and raising children as a couple, NOTHING will change.

single mother families generally produce poor, uneducated, violent, low self esteem, criminal children, with poor understanding of parenthood.

Who needs a house when you can have 22” Chrome Wheels on a 1996 Bonneville with chameleon paint.

checked

Now look up how much money has been spent on this since the 1964 CRA and the creation of the welfare state...lowest ROI in recorded history, well, except for electorally for Democrats, which was the whole point.

Im glad we did, niggers and spics, on behalf of all whites

One solution- more money for dem programs and less honkeys an da streets.
Also visa free exchange program wih Wakanda.

I've talked to alot of blacks. Most of them are upstanding citizens, but deep down inside they rage against white people. I believe "black culture" is the cause. "Black culture" means to resist any sort of assimilation into American culture proper. You can see this more acutely in more densely, urban areas of the country. "Black culture" in itself has a list of assumptions that dominate the lives of these adherents. Namely, the economic progression of the "black" is always impeded by "whites". That is why for the most part, african americans typically go for the supposed "easy money", playing hoops or shooting ball rather than study. Working for the government is much less complicated and "fairer" in their view too. Modern society has turned many of them into conspiracy nuts such that many are psychologically scarred as their parents and grandparents were during Jim Crow.

Look at how all other races (apart from spics) have progressed

They all should go to Liberia and help that country out

Welfare kills people.

They had to lower the IQ cutoff for being considered mentally deficient in 1992 from 85 to 75 because too many of them were testing as being literally retarded and inequality in outcome is racist. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Unless of course IQ is not strongly correlated to financial success, lower criminality and violence, etc.

CIA government programs along with welfare destroyed them right as they were beginning to integrate at the peak of the civil rights era. In other words it was racists on the right it was plantation mentality from the left.

They should stop committing crimes, get jobs, and purchase homes then.

Faggot

We can't even literally pay niggers to help get it started too.

maybe they should stop idolizing gang culture and start being productive members of society.
just a thought

>getting married
What's with you conservatives hyping up signing a piece of paper in a government office? Why is it such a huge deal when two people decide they'll start filing taxes jointly this year instead?

This has to be due to "systemic racism". Has nothing to do with genetics, certainly not. Race is a social construct and whoever says otherwise is basically Hitler.

>Why is this happening, /pol?

Racist Jews are stealing more than 10 times their fair share of the higher education.
With outrageous racist nepotism Jews are stealing bit from every other group, but a lot from the least privileged group in society; the African-Americans.
Since there are 2% Jews and 13% African-Americans there should be 6 African-Americans for every Jew in the Ivy League, both student body and faculty.

>racism against blacks has drastically decreased and been controlled via legislation over the last 50 years
>they haven't improved at all
It's almost like racism had nothing to do with it, and the problem is with the community itself.

Idk but something tells me it's probably white peoples fault

I unironically mourn the black race. They are so hopelessly addicted to gibs, are beyond stupid, violent, and insecure. They need real strength but what they idolize is so decadent and fleeting that it isnt soil a healthy culture can grow in. If they weren't such assholes all the time they might get some help.

And... You are from a divorced woman.. correct?

Marriage is the root of any stable successful society.

It's because of liberals empowering ghetto culture

Conservative blacks don't have this issue

This is a Washington Post article. Does anyone have a login and password for the website?? It won't let me read the full article unless I log in, fucking bastards.

Well First off they will never get “ahead” in a modern technological society built by whites. They might be able to get ahead in a tribal society where your social class is determined by your sprint speed or dancing ability. But technological progress has basically rendered them permanently under equipped to “get ahead”. Unless we give them a nature preserve of some sort(like with the Native Americans and Australoids) they will basically remain legacy humans in White society.
Or we can try Eugenics.

Because two people cooperating increases the chance of success for the subsequent generation. Pulls two incomes at first, later has a woman at home to take care of household duties and children. It helps create a lasting economic base that supports your kids. But I personally don't waste time on advocating this. Niggers have low IQ, and only kept it together when whitey was strictly the boss and in charge. they'll chimp with the slightest amount of freedom.

It’s not culture. It’s a lack of abstract thinking and an inability to defer gratification.

Blacks need smart sperm hybridization therapy to boost their brainpower.

I farted.

What did you guys expect? 50s and 60s saw a wave of industrialization throughout the West, with millions of qualified workers moving into middle class. Since then, social lifts (i.e. quality education, entry-level jobs for future qualified workers) were becoming less and less available. Instead, we (the West) are lowering education and discipline standards and move our industries to the East. Identity politics cannot change that (because race is not important in this process). What it can do is only to redistribute the wealth of the declining middle/working class between working/lower classes via taxes or affirmative action or basic income or land expropriation, etc.

Are you Jewish?

Are you by chance a fucking retard?

Was Slavery a crime and was the slaveholder a criminal?

How little the people living today know of the institution of slavery as it existed in the South before the war. I long for the eloquence of our silver-tongued orator, Benjamin H. Hill, that I might paint the picture as I remember it.

If the roll call were taken of the children in the South today they would in large numbers be found to be abolitionists, intense and fanatical, and in full sympathy with the Northern side. Why? Because from childhood they have been taught by teachers who believe this, and have been fed on such children’s books as “The Elsie Books,” Louisa Alcott’s stories, and kindred ones, besides being allowed to see moving picture shows of Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Sheridan’s Ride; Contest between Merrimac and Monitor, and the like. Whom can you blame for this, parents, but yourselves?

Slavery was no disgrace to the owner or the owned. From time immemorial all civilized nations had been slaveholders. White, brown and black have been slaves.

Who was responsible for slavery in the United States? Spain and England.

What colony first owned slaves? The Jamestown colony.

Was there any colony or State of all the thirteen which did not own slaves? Not one. In 1776 there were 500,000 slaves in America and 300,000 were in the Northern colonies.

What was the condition of the Africans when brought to this country? Savage to the last degree, climbing cocoanut trees to get food, without thought of clothes to cover their bodies, and sometimes cannibals, and all bowing down to fetishes—sticks and stones—as acts of worship.

Affirmative action and our current welfare system both began in the 60s so you tell me why.

What laws became necessary when they reached this country? Very rigid and in the light of the present day civilization excessively cruel. A strong argument for the civilizing power of slavery would be to compare these colonial laws with the laws of 1860.

How did the Cavaliers regard slavery? They were very thankful to have a part in such a wonderful missionary and educational enterprise.

How did the Puritans regard slavery? They thanked God for the opportunity of bringing these benighted souls to a knowledge of Jesus Christ,

How did the Quakers regard the institution of slavery? They were always opposed to the holding of any human being as property, although it is stated that William Penn did once own slaves.

Racist

Does the Bible condemn slavery?

It certainly does not. God gave to Abraham the most explicit directions what he should do with his slaves bought with his own money, and what he should do with the ones he owned by right of capture. (Gen. 17.) Then our Lord healed the centurion’s servant and said not a word about it being a sin to hold him in bondage, (Matt. 8.) And Paul sent Onesimus, the run-away slave, back to his master with apologies, but said nothing to Philemon about freeing him, but rather offered himself to pay his master for the time Onesimus had stolen from him. (Phil. 1, 18.) And Titus was the pastor of a slave church. Paul wrote to him to exhort those slaves to be obedient to their masters, not to answer back again, and not to steal, but to adorn the doctrine of God their Savior in all things. (Titus 2:9, 10.) See also Eph. 6:5, 6, 7, 8.

Did the slaveholder in the South take an interest in the religious condition of the negro?

He certainly did. More negroes were brought to a knowledge of God and their Savior under this institution of slavery in the South than under any other missionary enterprise in the same length of time. Really more were Christianized in the 246 years of slavery than in the more than thousand years before.

In 1861 there were, by actual statistics, in the seceding States 220,000 negro Baptists, 200,000 Methodists, 31,000 Presbyterians, 7,000 Episcopalians, and 30,000 belonging to unclassified Christian churches.

The negro race should give thanks daily that they and their children are not today where their ancestors were before they came into bondage.

Was the negro happy under the institution of slavery? They were the happiest set of people on the face of the globe,—free from care or thought of food, clothes, home, or religious privileges,

The slaveholder felt a personal responsibility in caring for his slaves physically, mentally, morally, and spiritually. By the way, we never called them slaves, they were our people, our negroes, part of our very homes. I do not remember a case of consumption, or I should say now tuberculosis, among the negroes in the South. I do not recall but one crazy negro in those days. Hospitals and asylums cannot now be built fast enough to accommodate them.

I am not here to defend slavery. I would not have it back, if I could, but I do say I rejoice that my father was a slaveholder, and my grandfathers and great-grandfathers were slaveholders, and had a part in the greatest missionary and educational endeavors that the world has ever known. There never have been such cooks, such nurses or mammies, such housemaids, such seamstresses, such spinners, such weavers, such washer-women. There never have been such carpenters, blacksmiths, butlers, drivers, field hands, such men of all work as could be found on the old plantations. Aunt Nanny’s cabin was a veritable kindergarten where the young negroes were trained to sew, to spin, to card, to weave, to wash and iron, and to nurse; where the boys were taught to shell peas, to shuck corn, to churn, to chop wood, to pick up chips, to feed pigs, to feed

Wow i’ve never seen a post more retarded than this

chickens, to hunt turkey, duck, guinea, goose and hen eggs and to make fires, and to sweep the yards. Did the negroes hate their owners, and resent bondage? I need only to call to mind what happened when John Brown tried to make them rise and murder their masters and their masters’ children. I need only call to mind what happened when their masters went to battle, leaving in absolute trust “Ole Mis” and the children to their protection. I need only call to mind what happened after they were free that made Thad Stevens’ Exodus Order necessary in order to tear them from their old owners. I need only call to mind the many mammies who stayed to nurse “Ole Marster’s” children to the third and fourth generation;

Compare the race morally to what it was then. “Ole Marster” never allowed his negroes to have liquor unless he gave it to them. Crimes now so common were never known then. While the negro under the present system of education may know more Latin and Greek, it does not better fit him for his life work. It is true the negro did not go to school under slavery, but he was allowed to be taught, if he so desired. I have in mind a young aunt who taught three negro women every night because they wanted to read their Bibles. I have in mind my mother on the plantation surrounded every Sunday afternoon teaching to the negro children the same verses of Scripture, the same Sunday School lesson, the same hymns that she taught her own children.

Can you not? Can you just, like, not?

No.. blacks CAN be decent citizens IF they can learn to be decent citizens. Marriage is the ROOT of civilization. Blacks need to get married and produce stable families.
STOP rewarding single mother families!
STOP IT !!!
You are condemning blacks to be a permanent underclass.
Stop glorifying the slut life, stop glorifying the thug life.

As in family life a child must be punished if disobedient, so in plantation life a negro had to be punished if disobedient. Even admitting that some overseers were cruel, will the most exaggerated cases of cruelty compare with the burning of the witches at Salem or the awful conditions of the captured Africans on the slave ships, or the fearful conditions in the sweat shops of Chicago and New York today? The slave was the property of the slaveholder and a selfish reason would have protected him if there had been no higher motive.

No, the slaveholder was no criminal and slavery under the old regime was no crime. In all the history of the world no peasantry was ever better cared for, more contented or happier.

These wrongs must be righted and the Southern slaveholder defended as soon as possible.

is this some kind of problem the black community should deal with and address? or is it something we all should address. when was the 13th amendment ratified? yea they've had that long, look, sometimes its not everyone elses problem if the retarded kid can't get some points in class, they should give up this equality shit and just be the mediocre at best 'humans' they can be. they can especially start with adjusting their shitty attitude toward everyone else, gibs me dat, its all your fault whitey now gibs me more! yea, really sounds like whitey is to blame for allllll the hardships of the black community, uh huh. gtfo and kys

How are beavers related?

This. I know black people who are completely reasonable, well spoken adults behind closed doors. But put them in a party setting with a bunch of other baboons and they're immediately clicking and clapping, Bix noodling, and breaking shit. All for what? Because somehow even to each other they identify blackness as being self destructive.

>How are beavers related?

Uhm sweetie, check the beaver admission rates for Harvard and then get back to us.

I was thinking about this the other day, but with aboriginals. We tried to help blacks by teaching and giving them technology, but in an evolutionary scale, they just weren't ready for it. And now they are living in a civilized world, they will never actually evolve any further. You have to understand these people are evolutionarily thousands of years behind whites.

IQ isn't perfect.

Then why are their niggers living all around me now and many in homes some better than the one I live in and why are there even more niggers around which live in extended stays and apts. from tax payer gives and EBT is on every gas station and drug store now?

Do niggers just bring the poverty and crime with them? Is that their races achievements?

but what were homeowmership from 1998 to 2007 when every black could get a mortgage with no financial checks? niggers pretty much crashed the world financial market.

>IQ isn't perfect.

Maybe yours isn't, shitlord, but I have an IQ of 88.

welfare states duh

I didn’t say they couldn’t be “decent” I said they cannot collectively “get ahead”. Brainlet.

My nipples are so erect right now.

Racism hasn't decreased very drastically. It's just taking a different form.

APOLOGIZE

I'm sure if they just vote Democrat harder it will work out for them.

>(((You)))

My IQ is 1488.

>Why is this happening, /pol?
>year of our Lord two thousand and eight plus ten
>not realizing that progressive policies, government handouts and affirmative action are intended to keep blacks poor and dependant on the Democrat party
>not realizing that this dependency can only exist if the Democrats can successfully pit the permanent underclass they've created against white middle class workers, all the while leeching off of them to pay for the programs that keep blacks in the underclass

*revisionism intensifies*

Niggers don't progress.
Just look at Africa.

The Lesson of Haiti

youtube.com/watch?v=5IgBRBfB7EE

>My IQ is 1488.

The last guy who had in IQ that high ate a bullet because he was scared of Ivan.

Enjoy your mega-suicide.

>No progress for African Americans on homeownership, unemployment & incarceration in 50 years
1. jews
2. niggers are niggers and just want gibs because of item 1

YAY

Deport them all back to Africa, why should you care.

So if changing the cultural and legal framework to completely purge racism hasn't helped the black community, does that mean that we can finally admit that black people's problems are their own doing? Or do we have to try 50 more years of fucking around with affirmative action before we can finally reach that conclusion?

>niggers didn't evolve into humans for 100000 years
>surprised when they didn't manage in 50 years
Absolute state of America.

>niggers are niggers and just want gibs

Are niggers the Poles of America?

>literal geriatric Neo-Nazi raving about subhumans and pseudohistory

YAZZZZZ QUEEN!

Read a book "Time on the Cross: The Economics of American Negro Slavery"
It's not revisionism, abolition actually had perverse effects on the well-being of blacks that they gained during slavery.
There's also this for short
theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/16/slavery-starvation-civil-war
It's what made them the degenerate coons they are today.

>Enjoy your mega-suicide
I got an AR last month, how should I mega suicide?

>Not Real Humans (TM)

>I got an AR last month, how should I mega suicide?

With passion, haste and great vigor.

Don't livestream it, I can't handle gore.

Beavers act like beavers and niggers act like niggers, it’s just genetics you brainlet

"POLED"

Its not really about having a signed piece of paper

Its just a better environment for kids to grow up in. They grow up knowing that mommy and daddy love each other and makes it an a lot harder for either of the parents to really jump ship.

Growing up and watching your parents argue and almost never be together with smiles on their faces fucks kids up. It breeds angst when the kids mature, and the young men either don't have a dad to model themselves after or they have some half-assed excuse for one that never fully dedicated themselves to raising them and wanted to be able to drop the ball whenever he wanted.

Do you know the difference in crime rate between the children of single parents and those from stable homes?
Can you imagine the temporal demands of raising a child alone, especially on low income? Try some napkin math and figure it out, I guarantee you'll be surprised.

>Don't livestream it
>not livestreaming your shooting spree
Not that I'd ever do that, or off myself but it would be nice if more people who went on a total rampage had a go-pro

Because Barack Obama successfully convinced black people that they are stupid and worthless and shouldn't bother trying to compete with wypipo. Barack Obama was literally the 1st Alt Righter.

And yet they were still literal property to be bought and sold.

Throwing money at people sitting on ass achieves nothing. Who the hell thought more welfare would be a good idea? Fucking lunatics. Incentivize them to follow the law, incentivize them to get jobs. Make welfare only receivable for people that put in time doing hard labor for government road projects. Fucking make them fix potholes. Anything. Christ almighty this isn't hard. If they had to work for it they would be productive and society would be better even if they never got real jobs.

I disagree. I want to make the world a more beautiful place. I shall spread flower petals instead of gore, and everything will smell of roses. You can't stop me, don't even try.

Most negro fathers are feral subhumans you stupid fuck, marriage wont stop nigger savagery.

That sounds like a peaceful solution.

And taken care of as the property they were.
>implying that's a bad thing

you're a fucking idiot...

neck yourself!

I wish I were a femboy.

What are you going to unleash the roasties upon the world?

A man can dream, user.