Do you follow the three episode rule?

Do you follow the three episode rule?

sometimes

if u drop shows ur a pussy
unless it's really bad, like duel masters 2017 bad

It depends, sometimes the show is so bad that one episode is enough like Mayoiga

Yes, but I don't really pick up that much in the first place.

No.

any given anime has about 10 frames to impress me

nope

Not specifically, but I find most drops happen at 1, 3 and 7-ish.

I can ascertain whether or not a show will be worth my time by simply reading the title.

I give a show the first half of the first episode.

This. If it's not enough to get me by then I'm done.

No and how did this rule come about? You either one, or six episodes to decide whether to continue.

>You either one, or six episodes to decide whether to continue.
There's no fucking rule. Just watch anime and have fun.

literally this

quality of direction in the opening scene has almost 100% correlation to the quality of the show overall

Three Episode Rule was created by retards that were trying to convince people their favorite shows were good.
>it gets good I swear!! give it at least three episodes before you drop it!
If you can't tell if you'll enjoy watching a show in the first 10 minutes, you're stupid.

I just watch until it's over or I don't want to watch anymore.

No,
I have a "planned to watch list" and a "high priority" watch list.
A show can get high priority if someone told me that it was good. If the show is h.p. I give it 2 episodes. Normal priority shows only get one.
But to be honest, usually it only takes a few minutes to decide if a show's good or not.

i dont drop shows but i should, fucking konbini kareshi

I follow the one episode rule. The first episode is what sells the series, if they fuck up so badly they cant get me interested from the first, then the rest of the series is probably shit too.

Ah, the three episode rule.

There are no archaeological evidence of when that rule actually became a thing, but scholars would argue that its around 2009 as its the earliest that google can detect.

Should you use the three episode rule? Yes (for a show that span from one to two season).
Three episode is equivalent to 25% of a 13 episode show, 12.5% of a 26 episode show. That should be enough sample to see if the show is compatible with your taste.

Should you use the three episode rule? No. (others)
Three episode is 50% of a 6 episode ova, 5% of a 52 episode show. Just finish the ova if its short. Just finish a season of a long running series if you decided to watch one, it's not cancelled for a reason; then decide if you want to watch the next season.

the moment I stop watching is the moment where I realize that I'm not looking forward to anything in the show. relationships settled, villains thwarted, whatever. i need some sort of driving force and if they don't even have this in the first episode the creators can go fuck themselves.

I follow the 52 episode rule, otherwise you are a filthy casual.

This