I just finished the VN

I just finished the VN.

What a ride.

What did Sup Forums think of Fate/Stay Night?

Other urls found in this thread:

mofumoe.org/content/fatestay-night
nyaa.si/view/427133
mofumoe.org/content/fatehollow-ataraxia
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/1705201
mofumoe.org/content/tsukihime-plus-disc
mofumoe.org/content/kagetsu-tooya
mega.nz/#!38YgRTIS!hXliYFjdKtYvtMYd9M2Az2HuigizUvNtpYMOAurmyXY
mega.nz/#F!BA4yHYoT!NwGVKj4q9Z1vnpKlYY-4UQ
tmdict.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Zero is this only good installment. Everything else is written by manchildren for manchildren.

I haven't seen it but my friend said it was fucking awful and I'm inclined to believe him

Shirou is the best mc of the history

Awesome stuff. UBW is my favourite route, with HF in second.
I think I'll replay it since I lost my 100% clear save when my laptop died.

He is just a rip-off of Utena

Explain?

Same kind of backstory: both of them lost everything and figuratively burned to ash till a "hero" came and became their ideal

Both strives for that impossible ideal of being a hero/prince (same thing in context, a prince in Utena is someone who save people selflessly)

Both of them are opposed by someone who went through the same path (Akio/Archer, they even look nearly identical, the relationship between Dio and Utena with Utena literally fusing with Dio in battle to show she is his second coming pretty much strengthen that comparison even more)

Both of them end up saving the girl who shouldn't be saved, the "witch", by sacrificing their very being, Sakura and Anthy are pretty identical. Both are abused sexually by their brother, both house "the world's" curse, the curse who eat away the power to revolutionize the world (basically the grail, same thing)

There is more but basically FSN is a pretty strongly influenced by Utena to the point of feeling like a straight rip-off at time and it's not even subtle.

First of all you're a dumbass.
Shirou is the "must save everyone" protagonist that's been appearing in anime for decades, except Nasu decides to expand upon him as a character, give him reasons and motivations.
You can draw parallels between characters from every single anime. Stating they're the exact same because you see similarities is ignorance, though.

Well Nasu actually admitted the Utena comparison recently, look it up.

And try to cite another thing like FSN/Utena I dare you.
Both Shirou and Utena aren't simply the "must save everyone"protagonist, that just show your shallow understanding of both works
Dumbass

>seen
kill yourself secondary scum

Good story, has some weaknesses. Much better than Edge/Zero, and a experience that's only really complete when you experience all three routes. They're not actually standalone experiences.

On a technical level Nasu was a bad writer back then however. He got better.

>Much better than Edge/Zero,

HF was edgier, and F/Z expands on that edge.

Great dude now read hollow ataraxia

WHENS THE FUCKING VOICE PATCH

Does it matter read it you mongrel

>everyone in Shiki's harem wants to kill everyone else in Shiki's harem
>everyone in Shirou's harem wants to fuck everyone else in Shirou's harem

>did
It was beloved and respected here. The decline of Type Moon has caused a gradual tarnishing in its reputation.

Lmao

No sex scene in anything ever made me nut as hard as the one between Saber, Rin, and Shirou. My orgasm was so powerful that it felt displaced next to my body. I'll probably never match that experience again.

The VN is really great the first time through if you manage to get through it blind, the twist of Saber's identity really got me good back in like 2006. The other twists were all nice too, but nobody ever gives credit for the big Saber twist even though it takes like 20 hours to reach it in the original VN. The action is great and the fanservice is great, it has fantastic complex worldbuilding that went as far as making statsheets for the servants including skills and shit, for an old VN it deserved it's spot in the limelight.

Hollow Ataraxia is really good too, op. It's funnier for sure.

The most overrated VN since those times when Jesus used to rap with rotating velociraptors.

>except Nasu decides to expand upon him as a character, give him reasons and motivations

He doesn't expand much, his "motivations" boil down to a case of survivor's guilt since Kerry only had one magic scabbard. His retarded selfless altruism stems from trying to emulate what Kerry did for him which really isn't all that different from Utena's trying to be like her prince.

God, Shirou and Cu's interactions in H/A were all gold.

Saber turns women into lesbians. Its a universal constant.

I want into Fate
How should i do it? Watch anime in airing order? Play games? Is everything worth?

Don't bother, the world could use less fatefags.

You can watch 10-15 good anime in the time it would take you to read the base VN.

The VN is something like a million words long iirc. At a reading speed of 200 WPM that's over 80 hours and way more if you actually listen to all the voices.

It's really not worth unless you're already a TMfag. Back when FSN was translated it was VERY slim pickings for translated VNs so basically everybody read it, nowadays there are better VNs you could spend your time reading or you could finish a lot of anime.

What about the anime?

There is no point, every fatefag and their mom will tell you that only the VN is the definitive experience based on how much they love throwing around the word secondary. The animes are just a complement/gateway.

There is no full anime of it. The VN is 3 parts: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel. Right now only UBW is actually an anime, Heaven's Feel will eventually be a movie series, and DEEN made a shitty adaptation that tried to adapt Fate but it also tossed in several things from other routes and changed shit in a way that makes the truth "there is no Fate route".

Basically only 1/3 of the VN is in anime form right now. Even that 1/3 is skimming, the VN takes like 100 hours to read and no anime is going to replicate that, Heaven's Feel is going to be iffy as a movie series specifically because they really can't fit 40 hours of content into a few movies no matter what. They can cut 90% of it and make a fluid story still without any of the SOL or cooking scenes, but at that point it's a highlight reel and not actually even Heaven's Feel in the same way the VN route is.

Read the VN if you want the full story, because the anime will never deliver it. UBW is a good anime series, but it skims the VN section it covers, and again even after Heaven's Feel comes out Fate (the route) is not adapted properly yet.

Only FSN related anime that is any good is the recent UBW adaptation.
Everything else is various flavors of shit.
And the new movie is adapting the most hated route so..be prepared for a lot of sakura shilling and apologizing on the net before it's released.

Thank you fampais, i guess i will try first with stay night and ubw, and if it catches me then i will try the VN.

>The decline of Type Moon has caused a gradual tarnishing in its reputation.

How did it decline?

Fate/stay night
mofumoe.org/content/fatestay-night

Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]
nyaa.si/view/427133
realtapatch.tumblr.com/

Fate/hollow ataraxia
mofumoe.org/content/fatehollow-ataraxia

Tsukihime
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/1705201

Tsukihime PLUS-DISC
mofumoe.org/content/tsukihime-plus-disc

Tsukihime Fun Disc: Kagetsu Tohya
mofumoe.org/content/kagetsu-tooya

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
mega.nz/#!38YgRTIS!hXliYFjdKtYvtMYd9M2Az2HuigizUvNtpYMOAurmyXY

Rips of TYPE-MOON's PC games
mega.nz/#F!BA4yHYoT!NwGVKj4q9Z1vnpKlYY-4UQ

TMDict, a compilation of Nasuverse dictionary entries
tmdict.com

They made a mobile phone game called Fate/Grand Order, which actually made Type Moon significantly more popular and introduced millions to the Fate franchise

Do not watch Fate 2006. Apart from being shit it also spoils the other routes. Also do not watch the 2010 UBW movie, it's complete garbage

>introduced millions to the Fate franchise
I don't know about that. At the time FGO launched the mobage market was already getting saturated, I find it hard to believe people would switch over to FGO if they didn't have some sort of vested interest in fateshit. Especially since the game itself isn't particularly noteworthy outside of the fate brand.

i bought the vn at a con like 5 or 6 years ago and i still havent played it. is it worth it?

Don't watch any Fate anime.

It's been one of Sup Forums's favorite things for years now.

Seems like it could potentially be by the end of the month.

White people hated it.

My favorite VN, and the first installement in my favorite series. Love it to death, think it should be remade like Tsukihime, so it can get even better

There's a reason why people recommend the VN over the anime. The majority of the lines you read come from Shirou's internal monologue and what he's thinking at that moment. The anime skips that entirely and Shirou appears to be a retard.
That's also why you can easily spot secondaries: they absolutely hate Shirou, even though he's a top tier mc in the vn that makes the game worth reading.

I want to kiss Shirou