The Rebirth of Rome is Nigh

Fuck this gay earth filled with republics and shit. I'm tired of it all.
It has been my lifelong dream to bring back the mighty Roman Empire to rid the western world of these governments with their heads up their assholes. Sometime soon I will begin my campaign. I do not know how, or where I could start yet, but perhaps soon I will have what is necessary. When, not if the time comes, who would join me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SCt1SU9ED0M
youtube.com/watch?v=Dpof96pVx-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Fuck this gay earth filled with republics and shit.
>Lets bring back one of the worlds most famous republics.
Sage goes in all fields.

empire was shit you punic fag

Rome was at its strongest when it was an empire, and this is what I wish to emulate. While I do quite like Rome's version of a Republic as it did not allow all peoples to participate unlike most western republics, the time of the Empire is my preferred Rome.

>Rome was at its strongest when it was an empire.
While technically true, you must be retarded if you think that's proof that the Roman Empire was good.

Rome was built while it was a republic.

It was at its zenith while it was an empire because it was riding on the coattails of said republic.

Once it became an empire, politics became extremely fragmented (as often happens in dictatorships) and the influence of Rome fell as people became disillusioned with being bound by the whims of a single individual.

This resulted in countless splinter groups which, along with the introduction of citizenship in exchange for military service (which eliminated the loyalty to Rome for the common soldier), diminished the influence of Rome to the point that the empire could no longer hold itself together.

It first split in two, with the western half collapsing under the weight of mass-migration during the hun invasions, and the eastern half falling to the turks.

Rome rose a republic and fell an empire.

Shut up you barbarian

Hmmph, perhaps I am more attracted to the title of empire rather than the workings of it. Maybe the Republic is the way to go. That doesn't really change my desire to be rid of current day republics however.

this
being overexpanded, while looking neat on a 2000 years old map, isn't really necessary a testimony of a greater strength, especially since the vast majority of that territory was already conquered during the Republic

I cede are correct, I suppose I appreciate the evangelized vision of the empire rather than the practicality of holding it and how it got to its size in the first place.

Will you fit the description of chad absolute monarchist?

The Roman Empire was better. The Republic was doomed to fall from the outset, read about the last 100 years.

>Let's get rid of current day republics by replacing them with another republic in the exact same style.
Wanna know a fun fact?

The American style of republic is heavily based on the Roman style.

You'll be changing effectively nothing by doing that.

Ever heard of a plebiscite?

It's a form of election that relies on the vote of the majority.

It's a form that's typically used as a basis for American elections (on a state by state level, which itself contributes to the electoral college system).

Plebiscite comes from the term plebeian, which was a term used for the lower class during the Roman Republic.

Most of the rules used in the current day originated in the ancient world, and modern day republics are falling for extremely similar reasons (multiculturalism is a big part of what killed Rome).

In case I need to make this any more clear as to how your system is based on Rome: The central set of lawmakers in the Roman Republic were referred to as "the Senate".

Weird, it should have linked to

Count me in, bro.
This time we will cleanse the world of anyone but us.

>who would join me?
I don't just follow any larping faggot, what Roman emperor (or whatever other leader, I don't care) would you resemble?

and the empire itself eventually fell(praetorians killing emperors every five minutes probably contributed), what kind of shitty argument is that? Rome's spring is a Republican spring

Yeah but rome was most politically stable as a rebublic. 90% of its gains occured under the republic. The empire only added britania, dacia and a bit of annotalia

The empire had numerous civil wars violence in the streets. Fuck one of the emperors just luterally brived the pratorian gaurd to becone the next Ceasar

Do it pussy

I actually don't think I'd make a great emperor, I'd rather someone else with more political experience to be. I just have the dream to live within it.

A perfect Republic doesn't exist, while a perfect Empire can exist. Rome's Empire was imperfect, yet provided more stability than the Republic did. The Roman Empire fell because of an economic crisis that crippled the economy and because of Germanics rising from the stone age.

Just conquer the empire, I will rule it for you.

>yet provided more stability than the Republic did
you can't be serious
if you are referring to the Pax Romana, that's more of a consequence of having already conquered any respectable foe during the Republic. There were plenty of internal instabilities during the Empire even well before the third century crisis. Look at the goddamn lifespan of most Emperors, it's embarrassingly bad.

>It has been my lifelong dream to bring back the mighty Roman Empire
Sorry to inform you they are the ones causing this gay Earth for the last 3000 years or so
youtube.com/watch?v=SCt1SU9ED0M

>Being this blind
Than why didn't Pax Romana happen during the Republican era? I tell you why. The Republic were a bunch of selfish old men endlessly supporting the status quo. Rome was in serious trouble and only got out of it because of men who tried to break it. Civil tribunes who wanted land reforms got murdered by the Republic, Caesar finally killed the crippling and weak Republic. The Empire was the only way for Rome to survive. The infighting had to stop.

>when you're so reactionary you revert to being monarchist

>Than why didn't Pax Romana happen during the Republican era?
because there actually was still respectable competition around lol, namely Punics and Greeks
it's easy to be at peace when your ancestors did all that job for you
not even denying the empire was the natural consequence of the degeneration every civilization goes though, that still doesn't mean it was some sort of revolution, more of a necessary patch that didn't even last that long, as hardly all Emperors were Augustus

The Empire failed because of rampant degeneracy in Roman culture. Catholic monarchism prevents that. I honestly don't think it is possible to get emperors that were worse than the Roman ones nowadays, even if we tried.

The empire was barbarian and in the end run by them. Remember when they gave all inhabitants citizenship? Beginning of the end.

That was a significant mistake indeed.

>The Empire failed because of rampant degeneracy in Roman culture
sure, and that culture though was already slowly seeping into the late Republic
those strict conservatives that people like Caesar opposed, like Catonians, were already warning about it ever since

you start with the homeless population in California and sweep east

Catonians were among the selfish old men though. The conservatives, much like modern conservatives, knew how to point out the problem but refused to solve them because that would hurt their own interests.

The empire WAS degeneracy. Our world is currently in the same phase where only an emperor can hold all divided regions of the west together. Our culture has fallen and democracy will soon make place for tyranny or anarchy. Either Trump or his successor will inherit the world, or 80% of the people will die out.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dpof96pVx-c

Republics cause degeneracy, empires can solve them. In Rome's case that didn't happen, unfortunately.

Nah. Germano-Celts are too much oriented towards force, will and autorhity. Slavic countries are the future, since they bear little guilt and are generally mild and friendly

>Implying Slavs don't have a rich history of them fighting among themselves

Our fights were only more often and bloodier because we are better at it and have more money than you.

Cato's family is disgraceful

>it was the Catholics
Except the leniency on divorce and having less kids was and still to this day agianst Catholic teachings. No it was the usual, normies stopped caring about their children and the Jews got away with too much money

>Our fights were only more often and bloodier because we are better at it and have more money than you.
but this is why you have so much guilt. Use of force can be only temporary, because it ends in cynicism and guilt, if it's excessive and if there's no confession and repentance. Slavs on the other hand are naturally christian people

Empires also cause degeneracy. The truth is that it is unavoidable; a nation always starts with the few good men and their families running things while the inferior plebs do the dirty work. However, as soon as the nation stops expanding, wealth becomes more important than strength, which is the key moment where an aristocracy (or timocracy) becomes oligarchy. At that point the nouveau riche plebs start to have an influence alongside the original wielders of power. Unfortunately it is already too late then to stop the path to tyranny. The increasingly jobless and useless plebs, who were the great labour force behind the earlier expansion of the nation, are now kept docile and happy(much like us now) with bread and games, or a vote, all paid for by the fortunes of the good few. Watch what happens when the wealth stops flowing, because it spells doom for empires. The plebs will destroy what kept them alive, either by civil war or by allowing mass migration that exhausts the welfare.

What? No that is not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that strictly enforcing Catholicism can save the people from degeneracy.

>Rome was built while it was a republic.
Rome was around for roughly about 200 years before the Republic was even founded. Rome had the 5 Legendary Roman Kings. Like Romulus, Servius Tullius and Tarquinus Superbus. The King of Rome had various powers, that when seperated formed the different offices of the Roman Republic. The Roman Constitution is simply dividing up the various abilities the Kind had, like the King being a priest and a judge and a general, so that was split up into the Pontifex Maximus and the Praetors, and the Consuls ect ect

oh sorry user

Sorry 7 kings

>ameriniggers think they're the successors to the roman empire

Meh, they will get incorporated into the empire as Nova Roma.

I don't think you see the fuller picture, that once degeneracy hits, the form of government of a state largely becomes secondary/irrelevant.
San Marino is one of the oldest states in the world and also a long time Republic, Venice worked as a Republic perfectly well for many centuries

on the other hand great European states that started as monarchies also eventually degenerated

How about you cleanse yourselves first you delusional mutt olive monkey. Southern Europe is like India now. I have been to both. The smell of rotting fruit, hairy swarthy people everywhere, traffic absolutely horrendous, people openly defecating. Religious nut jobs all around. Italy is like Europes India.

>tfw closeted monarchist
Seriously being a monarchist in this country is worse than being a fag these days. Ave Caesar though.

How foolish, everyone knows that Finland is the legimate heir of the Roman Empire.

>Western Roman Empire
>Illegitimate

So how are a bunch of Greeks more worthy of the title Roman Empire than actual Romans?

who are you trying to fool you inbred paki ape

Stop saying Hibernia is shit and invade us you pasta nigger

Probably should have clarified my point.

When I said "Rome" I was referring to the larger political organisation as a whole, not the period of time when it was effectively a city-state.

So when I state that "Rome was built while it was a republic" I mean "Rome turned itself into a major military power while it was a republic". Yes, the kings did build Rome, but it was after they were overthrown that Rome began to increase in power exponentially.

Someone has been reading Spengler.