Characters who carry their respective series

Post em

He lived as he died: a plot device

He became a lot less cute once he started talking.

I think you mean as a GOOD BOY
>To be resurrected

I mean I can agree he is a plot device, but at least he brought a plot to the worthless anime. Thus carrying it.

He wanted to talk. Jeanne and Mugaro ate the suffering in this series like gluttons

Mika was best girl

>Tfw Sup Forums is AFRAID of at least one good shitposting rage thread

Yeah, I know what this will be, quit being pussies. Jump into the shitfest.

Satania a cute

>Chris from Symphogear
>Freyja from Macross Delta
>Nico from Love Live
Just a few idolshit examples.

Thought I was the only one who preferred him over Conan.

I hope Alessand gets DPed by Jeanne and Azazel before that Kaiser fag can do anything.

Real MVP coming through.

This, literally the only non retarded character

If she doesnt get her happy ending, Im going fucking nuclear.

Nothing carries Virgin Soul, just sorta drags it along on the ground.

Me too

Because it took itself too seriously. People basically wanted more FAVAROOOOOOOOOO but instead we got a horny dragon with autism for a tsundere king. The only good thing to come out of Virgin Soul are the yuri moms until the brat died.

weird i can't see Favaro anywhere in the picture

>character that appears around the the 12th episode
>carrying the series

Absolutely

Really needed more Nova in the series.

Eh, I liked Mugaro, but I wouldn't say he really carries the series.

That's more likely Cheerios since he's pretty much the only one actually taking action.

anime?

Dreadful character

Couldn't think of anything fun or witty so I'l just post an actual example.

Cheerios carries a good part. Mugaro got the Heavens involved though which forced Cheerios to deploy Dromos. It's about even. Other than the king being the dick, even the Commander of the Onyx soldiers is making more decisions than the king and just asking for approval.

I'd carry him onto muh dick if you see what I mean.

>This, literally the only non retarded character
Nah, not anymore. Probably caught the retard bug from Nina. Her plan to infiltrate the palace was completely retarded.

Lurk more

Cheerios is barely a presence. VS is carried by an ensemble between Jeanne, Mugaro and Azazel and their plot since it's the only good plot and good relationships.

>pretty much the only one actually taking action.
After 21 episodes of reacting he's taking action, and most of it off screen, yeah sure.

>McGuffin character who existed to be a plot device
>carrying anything
It says a lot that only two characters actually gave a shit about him dying
You're a fucking idiot

>Cheerios is barely a presence.
Yeah he's just in every episode, is on the minds of every fucking character in the show, is the main crux of the entire plot and was the reason why the story even began in the first place. Barely a presence at all.
>VS is carried by an ensemble between Jeanne, Mugaro and Azazel and their plot since it's the only good plot and good relationships.
Jeanne a character with so little presences and screentime, Mugaro a plot device and Azazel and character who is thoroughly irrelevant and was gone for more than half the show? What a great plot you have there.

>Yeah he's just in every episode
For a second or two sitting on a chair.
>is on the minds of every fucking character in the show
And the entire focus is still on those characters, how it reflects on THEM, not him. He's just an obstacle to overcome.
>is the main crux of the entire plot
I don't see how, if it wasn't for the actions of opposing him people there would be no plot for 20 episodes. The plot is more about how these people are struggling against him rather than him doing anything worthwhile as a character.
>the reason why the story even began in the first place
Plot device is what you call it. As a character he offers nothing because the show failed to make him interesting.
>Barely a presence at all.
He has less charisma than Rocky at this pont.
>Jeanne a character with so little...
Irrelevant. Those characters are the only ones with actual, believable stakes in the show and the show did a dcened job at investing the audience in those stakes. Wanting to protect Mugaro and free their respecive people from under Cheerios' opression are realistic and decent stakes. What kind of stakes do other characters have? Nina? What, get in Cheerios' pants? Kaisar and Favaro? They're more observers than active participants. Cheerios? We have no fucking clue, it's hard to get invested in something you know nothing about. It's beyond obvious they're going for a TWEEST, just like they did with Lavalley/Gilles last season. And just like when Gilles/Lavalley ended up being barely a character, Cheerios ended up being barely a character himself as well. They sacrificed the character for the sake of a TWEEST. Your entire arguments is BUT PLOT SAYS CHEERIOS IS IMPORTANT, except Cheerios just really sucks at being important. He has no character arc, no character developement, the only thing he has is his SECRET PLAN and weak sauce romance with Nina. That's barely enough content for a few episodes, that's why the story is carried over by JMA struggles.

>For a second or two sitting on a chair.
No we actually do see him prattling about every episode doing something other than sitting which is more I can say for Jeanne, Mugurao and Azazel who don't even appear in most episodes.
>And the entire focus is still on those characters, how it reflects on THEM, not him
But its not at all because they're barely given any focus and their views are irrelvant
>I don't see how, if it wasn't for the actions of opposing him people there would be no plot for 20 episodes.
Well because he actually set up the and moved the gears for the plot of the series you must be fucking stupid to deny this
>The plot is more about how these people are struggling against him rather than him doing anything worthwhile as a character.
Wrong. Thus far the plot is about what the fuck he's planning and how Nina can solve everything with the power of love.
>He has less charisma than Rocky at this pont.
Okay but he still has a presence throughout the show
>Those characters are the only ones with actual, believable stakes in the show and the show did a dcened job at investing the audience in those stakes
Yeah thanks for the laugh

>No we actually do see him prattling about every episode doing something other than sitting which is more I can say for Jeanne, Mugurao and Azazel who don't even appear in most episodes.
Performing a few mundane gestures like giving out orders, eating or looking bored doesn't equal presence. You can pretty mch skip all of his scenes and you'll miss nothing because you'll get the info from other characters, like Diaz informing us he went to Abos. See? No need to even watch his scenes anymore!
>But its not at all because they're barely given any focus and their views are irrelvant
Cool horseshit bro. Jeanne got several episodes featuring her prominently, the way Azazel and Mugaro care about each other has been very effectively conveyed as well. Pull that head of yours out of Cheerios' ass while you're watching.
>Well because he actually set up the and moved the gears for the plot of the series you must be fucking stupid to deny this
For the most part he is REACTING to what other characters are doing. Reacting to the rag demon, reacting to the rebellion, reacting to the gods attacking ect. And being part of the setting doesn't warrant carrying a story. He's interchangeably background and a plot device.
>Thus far the plot is about what the fuck he's planning and how Nina can solve everything with the power of love.
And how much that carries the show is already been proven when the discussion flat out completely DIED during the cheerios/nina heavy episodes. And like I said, that's what the plot wishes it was about, but it really isn't and barely anybody cares about that shit. Nna is peripheral to the main story, her stakes are paltry and her bf is a boring piece of shit character with no charisma and no personality.
>Okay but he still has a presence throughout the show
Just like walls and clouds do.
>Yeah thanks for the laugh
>the plot is about what the fuck he's planning and how Nina can solve everything with the power of love.
Alike.

And btw. You realize that if something is "carrying the show" is decided by the audiences reaction and what it takes to, right? Not what the author's set out to do? cause if you don't even understand that qualifier then this entire talk was pointless.

What kind of sad individual has such a hateboner for a cute and fuckable shota.

Objectively. Nagato best girl though.

>You realize that if something is "carrying the show" is decided by the audiences reaction and what it takes to, right
Then you've already lost this argument since the audience doesn't care about Mugaro

>the audience doesn't care about Mugaro
>cheeriosfag this delusional
Sasuga.

>Performing a few mundane gestures like giving out orders
Orders that move the plot. Next
> You can pretty mch skip all of his scenes and you'll miss nothing
No because you're miss the entire episode and its obvious that the show is building him up for a reveal towards the end giving meaning to all his actions
>Jeanne got several episodes featuring her prominently,
Uh...two episodes. That's pretty much it one in which she gives a flashback the other in which she's pretty much just there she then spends several episodes doing nothing but falling on the side while the other characters actually do something.
>the way Azazel and Mugaro care about each other has been very effectively conveyed as well.
Nope, hell there isn't even a reason given as to why they care about one another since before all Azazel was doing was using him for his own ambition which he does to everyone who follows him and now he suddenly cares about him after neither of them have thought about one anothr for episodes on end? I think you clearly have a bias
>For the most part he is REACTING to what other characters are doing.
Nope because his actions actually move the plot because everyone is after his head, hell he's not even reacting to whatever they do since he has his own pressing matters to uphold. Without A Charioce there is not VS
>And how much that carries the show is already been proven when the discussion flat out completely DIED during the cheerios/nina heavy episodes.
None. I mean if people were watching his for Jeanne, Azazel, or Mugaro then there would be no threads to begin with hell the episodes where Jeanne and Nina was in heaven was the most dead the threads have been whereas the episodes in which Nina and Cheerios are on screen are some of the most active. You need a reality check, nobody cares about Jeanne, Azazel or Mugaro.

>no argument
I'll take that as a concession

They don't.

Came to post this

>Orders that move the plot.
And in that regard even the Onyx dude does it better than Cheez Whiz.
>No because you're miss the entire episode
Episode which contributed NOTHING, because the only important information - Nina learning how to transform by herself is given to you in the next episode.
>its obvious that the show is building him up
Carrying a story is not performed retroactively. He would still have hardly contributed anything up to that point. Beside hardcore delusional cheeriosfags like you hardly anybody even gives shit about him anymore. He's been wasted, he's boring, his plot twist is fucking obvious and his sob story was pathetic.
>Uh...two episodes
The entire prison arc, the flashback, the dragon village episode, two episodes in heaven. That's more than Cheerios' entire screentime flat. In those few episodes alone she is given more character focus than CherryO in the entire series.
>there isn't even a reason given as to why they care about one another
Except the tiny detail of Azazel saving his life. Are you watching this show through your ass?
>neither of them have thought about one anothr for episodes on end?
That's some shit perception damn.
>everyone is after his head,
Being a passive recipient =/= carrying anything. Nobody is invested in Cheerios's story besides a few tumblrinas, that's a fact.
>he has his own pressing matters to uphold
Like sitting in a chair looking bored, staring at some magical devices, mumbling cryptically about some seals. What a story! What a personality!
>if people were watching his for Jeanne...
Mugaro, and Nina being a shit character is the only thing people still talk about. Cheerios almost killed this series with his romance focus ep
>Nina and Cheerios are on screen are some of the most active
with people shitting all over their romance. Check the archive tho, retard.
>nobody cares about
Azazel is the most popular VS character in Japan, retard.
>You need a reality check
Apply yourself, delusion-kun.

(You) are trying way too hard here.