Why did this sell so poorly? It was a really good show

Why did this sell so poorly? It was a really good show.

>good
No. Also, regardless of source: Lame and pandering character design; mediocre character development; zero re-watch value; misleading rule-of-3; bad pacing in relation to the plot of the cour (adding pointless sequences yet leaving non-conlusive end); terrible CGI in most of the cases; lack of use of the aztec-/meso-inspired world that was the hook for many; etc.

>introduce yourself as an epic adventure anime set in fantasy Aztec empire
>lol joke. It's actually a long drawn out mystery that no one cares about

Only the MC had his backstory fleshed out because they just kept on raising red herrings to extend the problem. All the rest were treated as merely plot device

Fuck this shit. Give me the action

Also important: main char is absolute shit-tier, zero charisma and unpleasant to the point it's almost impossible to relate, project or enjoy individually.

If it introduced itself as a mystery from the very start, or spared time to characterize everyone, maybe it could have at least broken 5k

God, there was so much potential. One can see the author's research on Aztec culture, beliefs, and law of conduct. And then he wasted it all for unnecessary text walls

AOTS

>5 posts
>3 IPs
user, we got it the first time. You didn't like it. That's fine.

If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.

I posted twice to add what I forgot to add.

You are forgetting about Fremmy, whose story was pretty much fleshed out too. Also, considering the anime only covered the first novel, it's to be expected. Next novel, for example, focuses on Mora.
>yet leaving non-conlusive end
You what? Only because Rolonia appeared at the end doesn't mean it wasn't conclusive for an adaptation of an ongoing novel series. You got who the 7th was, and why she did what she did. What else did you want?
You can say you don't like it, but once is enough, unless someone replies to you. Otherwise, it's better to think about it, and then put everything in a sinlge post. Otherwise, you'll make people think you want to make it look that there's more people that think like you.
Then someone else posted twice.

>One can see the author's research
But the author just had a generic fantasy setting, the studio did the Aztec thing on its own.

Really?
I never read the LN.

No joke. I was really stunned at the meticulousness on the way they handled the Aztec empire. The color patterns, the prison blocks, the way of treating prisoners, even the concept of gods, goddess, and demons, it was just so damn accurate.

Then it was all wasted by locking the characters in a foggy forest

well it looks like you got your expectations
SUBVERTED
haha taste that post-modernism
TURNS OUT LIFE DOESN'T SORT ITSELF OUT LIKE THAT
Yeah everything this guy does has the same sense of wasted potential.

>You can say you don't like it, but once is enough
>Posts several times as well
>>/tumblr/

Yes, that user is right. If there's something I don't like about the LN is the lack of descriptions. Things like "they were in the temple", "in that person's room", etc., but you get no information about what the room or the temple look like, unless it's a vital piece of information, like for example, "there was an altar in the middle of the room", but again, no description about the altar.

Who's better at making interesting settings then throwing them away, Yamagata Ishio or 日日日?

I don't know it, op, but probably because it was a good show.

Too many tits, and we all know only fujos actually buy anime.

It was an ad for the source material that wasn't long enough to get to any kind of decent ending point. It was never meant to sell well, just raise awareness that the LN exists.

Adlet and Hans had a totally straight bromance, they could have gayed it up for fujobucks but they refused to out of artistic integrity and probably wound up in a ditch.

Tell that to Dive

Japanese book sales have to be insane to justify throwing money at animators like this.

Dive? You mean that show where are the characters are canonly straight?

The mystery relied too much on previously unknown information, magic and plot for me to be intrigued. There was zero way anyone would have been able to figure it out so it stops being a mystery and more of a 'how smart can we make the MC look when we're not smart ourselves' situation.

It was a huge pile of garbage and you should feel bad for liking it, OP.

Sales never reflect quality. But this show was still shit.

That's a good way to put it. RnY tried to do too much at once, which is especially bad when it's only adapting one volume.

It wasn't a show about heroes fighting the demon king and it was a mediocre locked room mystery.

Is there a show actually about heroes fighting the demon king or are they all some kind of subversion, a heroes-and-demon-king-but-?

Yes.

Let me rephrase this.
I feel like nobody wants to make a straight heroes-fighting-demon-king show to the point the cliche isn't that there is a hero or a demon king but that there is a hero and a demon king and a subversion.

I also feel like there are pricks ITT that can't comprehend nuance but want to feel like they're oldfags.

>Good

It had a strong start and an interesting aesthetic. But then it went 7 episodes playing Clue without as much as developing characters as expanding on them a tiny bit.

This.

Could you get any more buttblasted about this? Why make a thread in the first place in an attempt to echo-chamber your delusion that this show is any good?
>inb4 "Not OP"
>can't comprehend nuance but want to feel like they're oldfags
So, you're both a newfag and a petulant virtue-signaller? Lurk for at least 12 years before posting next time.

Strongest man in the world BTW

Japan has shit taste as usual.

If every arc wasn't a fucking Scooby Doo parody, I could learn to tolerate it. Also the ugly ass cow bitch at the end ruined the whole damn anime since there won't even be a season 2 to make me forget that shit.

>It was a really good show
It was a bait and switch mess with a dull mystery, an incredibly stupid trick and more red herrings than the fish market on a bad day.

it was bad

Simple. Because modern day fapping fuckboys with short attention spans with one track minds didnt get any fanservice in this series and they're was no school upskirt bullshit.

So of course a good action story driven series like this, that does do any of that fuckboy shit, wouldnt do well. Which is sad.

>Not iseaki
>MC has a personality so self-insertion is too difficult
>Not every female character wants the MCs dick

Do you have anything to back up your buzzwords? Why was the mystery dull? What trick was stupid? Why are red herings bad?

>The mystery relied too much on previously unknown information, magic and plot for me to be intrigued.
Complete bullshit the mystery could be solved by the information known to the vier alone. The saint of the sun, the temperature drop, the barriers everything was mentioned. It's not the stories fault if your attention span is too short to notice them.

That's very good answer.

>Also the ugly ass cow bitch at the end ruined the whole damn anime since there won't even be a season 2 to make me forget that shit.

Fucking this.

>didn't get any fanservice in this series
there was tons

its a shame i really liked it

>lack of use of the aztec-/meso-inspired world that was the hook for many
this

I strongly disagree on every single one of these points.
Well, except the bad CGI

People actually cared about the aztec shit?

the next parts of the story shits on every character, so it's good that it will never be animated

>main char is absolute shit-tier
Don't agree
>it's almost impossible to relate, project
>needing to relate or project onto a character
Thats pathetic. I don't understand why anyone attempts to relate or project their shit on to a fictional character

Aztec shit is lame and no one cares about it

It was mediocre at very best.
Also, it looked like a fantasy adventure series, not a detective conan episode stretched out to fill an entire cour.

>Not every female character wants the MCs dick
>implying implications

Hey, Chamo trusts only Hans

I was implying that not a single female wants Adlet's dick

Read the rest of the thread.
>I don't understand why anyone attempts to relate or project
If only you would have quoted the rest of the quote: "to relate, project or enjoy individually"
>enjoy individually
The MC was shit from every point of view -unless- you relate to him by having a little faggot or a basic bitch attitude. And the worst part is that MC is the best character in the show.

>Read the rest of the thread.
Seems to just be one guy

>The MC was shit from every point of view
And I said I disagree

Milf saint

I want to see Fremy happy
Why can't we have nice things

>decent people getting happy endings
Not with this author, watch the Book of Bantorra.

She's not that decent, she killed a bunch of people

It was alright but not very consistent

QUALITY

and that terrible ending

This show is so fucking bad I'm surprised anyone likes it. It is really, fucking, terrible. Do not watch it, you will waste your time. Stop trying to bait people. I hope it gets banned from being posted on Sup Forums because there are so many threads that pop up about it, and you all have abysmal taste for letting these threads exist.

I feel you. Fremmy is a miracle of the universe.
S2 will definitely be announced next year.

The only legitimately good show in a long time.

The thing that hurts me the most is that they even cancelled BD releases. Fucking Japs and their shit taste

>cancelled BD releases
I have them in my room right now, what are you talking about?

Stop bumping this garbage thread ffs. This anime was bad and you should feel bad for having such shit taste.

Impresisve that he actually was the strongest and not just bullshitting.

We get it, you don't like the show.

Actually, I enjoyed it. Not enough to mourn it didn't get a S2 almost 2 years later though, because it was objectively mediocre in execution and it totally deserved its low sales.

Artificially keeping the thread alive (vs. organically) was deemed against the board rules. Posting stuff like "Hmmm, MC was indeed the strongest" is just a covered "bump" and therefore it should stop.

>not Isekai
>dudes other than the MC are not all antagonists/incompetent
>original setting instead of Dragon Quest rip off
>only two girls want to fuck the MC and turns out one was just pretending
>lack of vidya and anime references to please the Otaku crowd
>not absurd, edgy or meta enough to gain memetraction in social media

Also, cutting point for the anime was probably the worst possible choice.

Meant to quote OP but accidentally deleted two numbers.

Did you forget Fremy before the VN fucked them over?