Why does this make me feel so sad? Why does it still hurt? Why can't I get over it?

Why does this make me feel so sad? Why does it still hurt? Why can't I get over it?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_(Translation)
neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4895.html
imgur.com/a/zLQs7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> tfw know tf
Cos the characters were just so realistic.

It's like they're real and they're hurting, I want to help them but I can't. Is that why? It's like with rebuild, what if it's another reality that started at the end of evangelion, part of a process repeating eternally in a loop of despair and suffering? Where the story happens differently each time but always ending in tragedy and then repeats? It's so sad

Because you aren't attractive?

Wrong

Because you don't have your own harem despite being a bland self-insert with no character traits that would make a harem work?

because it was the best episode of the show and the only episode where asuka was bearable

The post anime depression from Evangelion was like nothing I've ever experienced before, lasted almost a full fucking year

>post anime depression
grow up normalfag

as much as I hate eva. It really made me think

Because you're an emotionally fragile manchild with shit taste

beautiful boy

lol

>it was the best episode of the show
>the only episode where asuka was bearable

>calling a real life person a self-insert

what does that even mean?

obviously there are no self-inserts in real life desu

my bad. I should have directed that question more. I didn't ask you. So please don't reply

I reply to anyone I want punk ass bitch

and I'm asking you politely not to

Give other anime a try.

You're not the boss of me OR my real dad, Brad.

oh you're just samefagging to keep the thread alive

I don't know, why does it OP? What's so sad about that?

This is what rebuild is. Fits right in with Rei and Misato's speeches in EoE.

It makes you sad because it rings unbearably true and the truth kind of sucks dick.

Although I think the implication with the characters acting slightly less shitty (at least in the first two) is that they are subconsciously learning from each loop, which implies that maybe eventually they will get it right.

Which, again, fits right into those speeches.

They're called shrooms, user.

I watched Eva for the first time when I was 16 and the depression hasn't gone away

When you finally turn legal I'll go on a date with you user. We can date earlier but I will want to have sex with you if we hit things off.

Rewatching Eva and I didn't remember this scene at all

I don't get it. What's this unnatural continuation of dialogue supposed to imply?

Maybe it signifies dissatisfaction from Shinji, since Misato implies that her role of guardian is nothing more than an obligation.

Ah yeah. I meant to say. Why does she look pissed off if she's the one who told him?

>But you're so busy with work. - Shinji
>Don't worry about it. This is my job too. - Misato
It just sticks out to me because it highlights how Misato tries to "play house" with Shinji when she's really just creepily overstepping her role

Because he blew her out as just doing her job as opposed to being a "parent". Its like showing up to your kid's baseball game because you're expected to instead of wanting to see them play

It's explained in various secondary sources that all of the 'domestic' aspects of Evangelion pilots' lives had an explicit purpose.
The "Misato" card in the Evangelion card game explains that she was instructed to take Shinji into her home as a means for casual surveillance.

Also, in the series itself, right around the time Toji loses his leg in the Bardiel incident, someone says that all the students of Shinji's school were candidates for becoming pilots in NERV's evangelion program. One would think that they were cohabitated ahead of time so they'd sync better, similar to why Shinji and Asuka were placed in the same housing.

do people really not think this shit was self explanatory or am I the only adult that watched evangelion?

>The "Misato" card in the Evangelion card game explains that she was instructed to take Shinji into her home as a means for casual surveillance.
Really? She wasn't obligated to take him into her house. Shinji was going to stay in Nerv initially just like Kaoru did, in those spare rooms. Not even Ritsuko was exactly pleased with the idea of her taking Shinji into her care and making all of it a personal matter.

Regular side: Misato & Shinji EoE kiss
"3rd Children, Ikari Shinji -- Misato monitored him in her capacity as Nerv Tactical Operations Chief. Monitoring in the format of living together, a format that would not agitate him. Play acting, searching for a comfortable distance, clashing, rejecting, worrying, joking, fighting, and understanding. The apartment changed from a simple dwelling to a home..."
Gold side: Shinji and Misato dressed up and sharing cocktails in a club. Title: "That's a grownup kiss. We'll do the rest when you get back."
"While fighting the Angels together, the two began to view each other not just as Tactical Operations Chief and pilot, but in a special way. Older sister and younger brother, mother and son, girl and boy... but the two did not notice/realize the word used to express these feelings (this relationship?). However, time would teach them, just as it had fostered the relationship between them."

>someone says that all the students of Shinji's school were candidates for becoming pilots in NERV's evangelion program.
I believe this was mentioned in the show as well

>The "Misato" card in the Evangelion card game explains that she was instructed to take Shinji into her home as a means for casual surveillance.
Even if it's on a card I don't really get this. Shinji was originally going to stay by himself and Misato was taken aback by this and pretty much forced Shinji to live with her. She also blames her "playing house" with Kaji in college on her emotional instability as well. In one of the episode previews they mention Misato's "hubris" in trying to parent Shinji. The explanation of Misato being selfish makes more sense to me than the point of surveillance.

The card games aren't canon, ignore anyone who tries to bring them up

>The card games aren't canon

Of course they are.
Whoever wrote the card games included lines such as those in the blue and red boxes in this image.
Those lines have parallels in very easily overlooked aspects of the series.
So whoever wrote the card games ever wrote those easily-overlooked aspects, or, if you subscribe to the dumb idea that it was a marketing intern who wrote them, was frame-by-frame examining Evangelion for material to write into the cards.
Oh, and this intern also wrote the cards in Anno's distinct writing style, and when he passed the cards to Anno for him to review, Anno approved them despite inaccuracies being passed off as fact.

Get real. The card games are canon.

Christ I thought Evangelion was a good 10 hours of my life but to go this austistic over a single fucking show has to be some sort of pathetic. There's got to be more to life then obsess over a seasonal harem don't you think?

No they didn't. You're just blatantly making shit up now and trying to connect points that aren't there.

They aren't canon, just like most side materials aren't canon.
Anno never approved or saw the card game, it was released by fucking BANDAI.
And unless you have a source otherwise you have no argument here.

As user here says the Misato card specifically goes against the canon so it can't be true.

>They aren't canon, just like most side materials aren't canon.

Yes they're canon. Anything which was supervised by Gainax is canon.
Did you know that a solid 30% of Evangelion lore comes from the game 'Neon Genesis Evangelion 2'? This wasn't made by Gainax either. It wasn't even made by Bandai, it was made by Alfa Systems.
Nevertheless its production was supervised and writing was aided by Gainax, exactly as was the case with the Evangelion card game.
wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_(Translation)

>As user here says the Misato card specifically goes against the canon so it can't be true.

The Misato card in NO WAY goes against the canon. It states that Misato herself chose to bring Shinji into her home in order to monitor him.

>Regular side: Misato & Shinji EoE kiss
>"3rd Children, Ikari Shinji -- Misato monitored him in her capacity as Nerv Tactical Operations Chief. Monitoring in the format of living together, a format that would not agitate him. Play acting, searching for a comfortable distance, clashing, rejecting, worrying, joking, fighting, and understanding. The apartment changed from a simple dwelling to a home..."

That's a bit of a contradiction with the show, though. See the scene in pic related I just put together.
Personally I wouldn't really take those cards too seriously considering they also deny Asuka came back in the end by her own volition and making it as it was Shinji's wish or some shit, too. We are told in the movie everyone can come back by own will if they are able to reimagine themselves in their own hearts: Shinji has nothing to do with it.

Just because Shinji wished it, and it happened, doesn't mean it happened because Shinji wished it.

Or, option #2, perhaps Asuka decided to do it because Shinji wished it. I don't mean in a magical cause-and-effect sense, I just mean because she knows all of his memories and saw him wish for her.

That scene was Misato being manipulative. Did you miss that entire facet of her character?
You're leaping through insane illogical hoops to avoid the fact that the cards are canon.

This picture is so melancholic, yet perfect. A true conclusion. The end.

Truth.

>Anything which was supervised by Gainax is canon.
Wrong. Gainax just gives the Evangelion trademark for people to use. They don't supervise all the shitty games and manga that have come out of this series the past 20 years and you know it. None of it is canon except the show, interviews, and supplemental materials coming from the staff.

> the game 'Neon Genesis Evangelion 2'
Because the Classified Information from NGE2 is stated to have come directly from interviews with Anno. Other parts of the game like Shinji wearing a maids outfit and Kaji crossdressing are not canon.

Unless you want to tell me pic related is canon you have no argument here.

>The Misato card in NO WAY goes against the canon
You just said yourself the Misato card states she was instructed to take in Shinji

>Because the Classified Information from NGE2 is stated to have come directly from interviews with Anno.
You are literally lying now. Deliberately, intentionally lying. Because nowhere is that ever stated.
When you're ready to stop lying to try to salvage your wrecked argument I'll reply to you again. Admit you are a liar first though.

Based Kaji

doki
doki

You're the liar here. Right in that Evageeks link you posted it says:
>It is generally considered a cornerstone of supplemental canon for the influx of new information it provides and given a great deal of weight due to Hideaki Anno's participation in the game's production

Now unless you want to tell me pic related in this post: is canon, you have no argument and deserve no other response from me.

Nice misato derpface in panel 2-3,5

Kaji acting like a faggot is canon.
This scene is gayer in Rebuild but it's in NGE as well.

That expression she does when she realizes Shinji's gonna being left alone in the HQ is the exact same reflective face she has after seeing Gendo and Shinji's relationship isn't going well.
Face it: She had no reason to take a kid in her home and mix her personal life with the work one. How can you say that was her being manipulative at that point is beyond me.

>Asuka decided to do it because Shinji wished it
That doesn't really click it for me. It'd be very sad for her character too.

Here's another scene from NGE2.

Shinji wearing makeup for Kaworu.

Do you consider this canon as well?

>the asukaface when you realize you left your stove running back in germany

This guy is right. You could argue it was personally manipulative as 25 and 26 explain that she was just looking for anyone to ease her own loneliness and it wasn't necessarily out of real concern for Shinji but there is no evidence in the show that this is an order from nerv. Just implications against it. I agree that the cards are iffy in their validity.

This is fluff material, it doesn't matter and I doubt anyone from Gainax ever even looked at it.
But the Classified Information is crucially important stuff with extreme relevance to the game's lore, and it is clearly written in Anno's style. Anno obviously wrote it himself.

Similar situation with the Evangelion card games. Do you actually think Anno okayed a Bandai intern to write canon materials into the card game about the final scene of EoE? No, he did it himself.

Again, refer to the red and blue boxed lines in . These parallels exist because Anno wrote both of them.

Eh. You could say that, but I'd say that Misato doing this is personally responsible for Shinji not completely losing it several times throughout the series. She was basically the only thing keeping his mental state in check for a large amount of the series, until she begins to fail to do so around episode 23.

Misato doesn't give a shit about Shinji at the start, then she does later.
The card says so itself.
In fact, the SERIES says so itself (see image in )

Is this person clutching an object to their chest? A doll?

>I doubt anyone from Gainax ever even looked at it
You just called NGE2 canon and said it was reviewed by Gainax staff. You're contradicting yourself.
Classified Info is different since a good portion of it came from interviews with Anno. This has been recorded.

>Do you actually think Anno okayed a Bandai intern to write canon materials into the card game about the final scene of EoE? No, he did it himself.
Anno isn't writing card games and Anno isn't even the main writer for Evangelion. Not only has he never looked at it, he probably has no idea it exists.
Any random Jap could write this shit, whether they work at Gainax as a random animator or not. Doesn't make it canon and never will.

If you have no source or proof of Anno writing them you're done. There are no parallels in that picture you keep spamming and getting banned for.

You're being retarded and only picking and choosing what you want to be canon and not canon.

This is from NGE2 too by the way, and is actually backed up by Anno's interviews. Still doesn't make it canon though.

I won't deny Misato was using Shinji at some points to deal with her loneliness. She said it so in Episode 23 after Shinji rejects her. But my point is that it was never an order, and that she also felt bad at seeing him in that situation. She projects on Shinji a lot because they have many things in common, such as the love/hate they feel towards their respective fathers. Misato never worried about any other pilot as much as him. It wasn't long ago we had a thread about how much she neglected Asuka in comparison.
Many characters used each other in the entire long run of the series. This doesn't mean at some points they didn't actually care for each other. You're trying to put this topic in white/black boxes.

Actually looking at this closer as one user here said, even if the card was canon all it says is that she monitored him, not that she was ordered to. It was definitely Misato's choice.

>You just called NGE2 canon and said it was reviewed by Gainax staff. You're contradicting yourself.
Gainax isn't looking at every CG in the game. Only the things which have importance to the series' lore.

My dude, you are extremely delusional, I have never seen cognitive dissonance like this. Get help.

ch..checked

I (first post you quoted) was agreeing with you.

The vast majority of Misato's actions towards Shinji throughout the series wouldn't make sense if she didn't genuinely care for him.

his point is that the classified info is often considered canon because of Anno's contribution to that, not the meat of the game, shit

Guys please don't be angry for stupid question but when can we expect to see new 3.0+1.0 info? Is there any major anime event soon?
Did Anno usually shows trailers at big events or small ones or hots his own events for trailers?

Never.
Khara's reputation will die if they release 4.0, it can only be a disappointment by now.

I like that this webm is 700kb more than it needs to be because of the film grain

Considering someone asked Anno back in November if the movie would be out before the Olympics and he said he didn't know, who knows.
neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4895.html

>you will never go through Instrumentality to realize your deepest flaws and truly understand yourself and others
I just want to experience that. Is it too much to ask? Will science never reach that point?
>inb4 psychedelics

I already understand my deepest flaws, there's just no changing them.
Not unless I gain access to a time machine so I can modify my childhood circumstances.

The title "I Need You" is not that of the scene itself, but of episode 26', and it can be actually linked to those of 25, 26 and 25'. It feels like a conversation: Do You Love Me? > Love is Destructive > then Take Care of Yourself > but I Need You.

It's not that I Need You is focused on Shinji and Asuka as shippers usually misunderstand it, but, along with the rest of titles, it shows the message of EoE: human relationships can be harsh and painful, but we still need others to live and to have a minimum chance to be happy.

Moreover, have in mind that the title I Need You was in the original drafts way before Anno thought how the final scene would be. That's why, regardless of Asuka/Shinji presence on that beach, the title was intended to be that. As a matter of fact, one of the possible endings Anno thought of had Shinji utterly alone and holding a white arm (just the arm), so such a title had no shipping connotations.

All in all, the last scene is a good summary of the series: misunderstanding and contempt is common between people (thus, the strangulation and Asuka's coldness and final words), but there's always hope to understand each other better (hence, the caress). Happiness is not guaranteed, and Instrumentality didn't really "healed" Shinji and Asuka. Her final words of disgust prove that. But at least now they have a little more of empathy. Whether that leads to a closer friendship or to something else in the future, it's completely up to the viewer.

But thinking their dynamic was already "romantic" pre-EoE and that the last scene is a kind of "confession" throws the entire message of EoE of facing reality with its hardship out the window. It's not a romantic ending, but it's certainly hopeful.

They're just 14 years old. Who loved when being that young? Shippers really miss what their relationship is about: confusion and miscommunication, just like it happens in real world.

imgur.com/a/zLQs7

Nice fanfiction

>depressed
>watch EVA for the first time
>become more depressed

nobody warned me

Thanks man.

When an integer reaches its maximum value it loops around to zero.
That's why you feel so much better after crying.

You shippers really irritate me, to be honest. I can kind of understand you "want the best" for the two of them, but I feel like you don't really appreciate that "relationship" for what it is: confused, confrontational, and shaped by the horrors that surround the pilots.

I am so tired of this kind of post.
You don't understand anything and revel in generalities.

I know this is a pasta, but it's correct.

Regardless of what this faggot thinks

I posted it yesterday too, yes. Just wanted to help those delusional shippers understand EoE a bit better.

People post in vague generalities because repeatedly explaining the entire plot and dissecting each conversation every character has and every action they take to people who are too lazy to do it themselves gets tiring after 10000000 eva threads.

It doesn't mean that they're wrong.

It makes me sad because no matter how much I want to continue to call Eva my favorite series I realize the dance scene is still the best scene this series has to offer and just how far it's been surpassed by puella magi Madoka Magica.

Anyone arguing that Asuka and Shinji don't have a romantic relationship has no leg to stand on until they refute

>You don't understand anything
At least I understand Evangelion is not like this picture, unlike you. Just take off your shipping goggles if you want to discuss seriously.

Same desu. Didn't help that my grandfather died a few days after watching EoE.

Stop using that post as a be all end all, even the fucking guy who made it is not delusional enough to think that Asuka and Shinji's relationship is sunshine and rainbows.

You're right, Evangelion is several stages beyond that picture!

If you had paid more attention to previous threads, you would have read many debates refuting some of the ambiguity of that panel.

An awkward romantic relationship between hedgehogs stabbing each other with their spines is still a romantic relationship and I'm sure the hedgehogs are better off for it.
Hedgehogs have to breed too.

Was going to argue but that's the one fucking anime I can actually agree with you on.

Nah, it's never been refuted.

Samefag

>Symbolic sex scene which is not real sex
Are you idiot or just trolling?

So, for you, Shinj had sex with all the world, actually.