I just watched the Ar Tonelico OVA

I just watched the Ar Tonelico OVA.
It was shit.

However this does present a good opportunity to ask, what's your favourite Reyvateil and Hymmnos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5WE31HXbnHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Aand I forgot to close my spoiler tag. Whoops.

Anyway, for me it's Jakuri and METHOD_METAFALICA/.

Exec method Sublimation

>>>/gust/

Also Salavec Rhaplanca is the best Hymmnos.

I fucking wish there was a Gust general...

There is.

I checked Sup Forums and /vg/ just now. If its elsewhere, I know not where. By proxy, this means it does not exist as I know not of it.

jaypee, like it's been for nearly a decade

Don't really have a favorite Reyvateil. Favorite hymmnos is EXEC_FLIP_FUSIONSPHERE

As I do not go there ever it did not exist until roughly 40 seconds ago.

Well that's not true, I did go to its Elona thread once. No other thread existed on that board, however.

OP here: whoops.
Still, I'm sure one thread wont hurt.

AT discussion outside of the Gust thread is always a nice breath of fresh air.

That said the series is dead and done so sadly there's not much to discuss.

As bad as it is, the OVA had one song I liked, which I can't seem to find anywhere. It's the one in the beginning of the OVA where Lyner is starting to descend from Elemia in his aircraft, only to end up meeting a large virus.

Is it okay to talk about Ion in here?

>Jakuri
A man of taste, I see.

games were awesome, ova was shit. Also ateliers fucking sucks. i want a new ar tonelico

Not gonna happen.
Banpresto/Namco Bandai owns the Ar Tonelcio IP; but Tecmo-Koei bought out GUST so barring some kinda miracle the series is doomed to licensing hell.

I was hoping we'd at least get a Trilogy Compilation for PS4/Switch, but that's probably not gonna happen.

Sure.
I'm learning Japanese to eventually play Ciel no Surge, but it's a long road since the game tosses out university-level technobabble constantly.

Can a fully dived Reyvateil (with wedding ceremony) get NTR'd

Inquiring minds need to know.

They'd only be highly resistant to it, but the risk will always remain.

Can't beat the cock.

I can only imagine the horrors the NTR guy will go through in a taken Reyvateil's head. If he can still manage to do it, then fuck he deserves her.

Huh, did they actually talk about that? I remember there being a wiki that translates this web show of the characters taking in questions, but I can't remember the name.

Casty best girl.

EXEC_PHANTASMAGORIA/. blew my mind when I first heard it.
I'm still upset that the third game sucked. What i wouldn't give for a remake with costumes and multiple spells.

Casty's flatness is a miracle of the universe!

This is correct. Her canonically sleeping with Delta made me go "awwww"

Casty > Nay > Blue Kuroneko > Kanon > Ion.

shurelia best girl

Cass is great, but Ion will always be my wife no matter how many dimensions separate us.

>long road since the game tosses out university-level technobabble constantly.
I would say that it isn't that hard. The most complicated parts are Kannon's politic talks but I was able to read it and I'm still not able to read many other media.

AT3 was shit! SHIT!

Personally, my favorite is EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/., but they're all great, I think. I can actually sing that one competently.

I really need to get around to actually playing more of the games.

Cloche and
METHOD_METAFALICA/.

That one is called "Whispers", and it's also in the AT1 soundtrack.

There's only 3 games, assuming you finished 3 which was the longest of the bunch you can easily finish the rest in half a month.

The Toukousphere. All the technical sections from the Ar Portal were translated ages ago in the EXA_PICO Wikia.

Though AT2 was longer than AT3.

Thanks user. I love you.

Even if they remade it, costumes wouldn't fit there due to the existence of the personae for the Reyvateils. But it would've been a bad idea to add more songs with different effects to add some depth to the battle system, especially if they combine them with the Hymmas in a way similar to the Installs from AT1.

I've only gotten partway through the first game on an emulator so far. I can't remember exactly where I am at the moment, but I know it's still pretty early, since I'm stuck with Misha doing various things. I think I left the floating island we were on and just picked up another new party member the last time I played, too. Something like that.

I do have the fixed version of AT2, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I want to beat the first game first. But with all the other games in my backlog, it'll probably take a while. I'm currently trying to beat Xenoblade Chronicles so I can play XCX before Miiverse gets shut down.

Ar Ru is the flattest and best Ar Tonelico.

Join the Aki-dan today!

Where's my bros at?

youtube.com/watch?v=5WE31HXbnHw

Ar Tonelico 1: I don't remember much of the game, at all (I played it in 2008), but I remember liking Aurica's design a lot.
Ar Tonelico 2: I loved Luca. Everything about her. Her bitter, acidic dialogue in her Cosmosphere was the best.

XC and XCX aren't really connected besides easter eggs. The only hard thing about going back to XC from XCX I'd say is not having a run button or a good jump button.

>tfw never completed the other two girls because i can't not choose her
FUCK

Literally me. Whenever I replay I pick Jakuri using the excuse that I will do a second playthrough right after for the other one, but I never follow it through.

I've also heard that XCX has a better combat system, so I'd rather stick with XC first. I'm pretty sure I'm close to beating that one, I just got to Agniratha.