I'm a little confused. Why did the vampires exist, and what purpose did they serve?

I'm a little confused. Why did the vampires exist, and what purpose did they serve?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYwCwOu8-Ws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shapeshifters get introduced in the same arc as vampires with both being aliens, yet I never see people getting confused by them. What is there to be confused about? They are aliens like all the other races.

/thread

ayy lmaos

I don't think Akira (Kurono's brother) was born as an alien. It seems that there is a transformation occuring in people's body.

'cus vampires are cool,duh.

I liked the vampires more than the later alien arcs like Osaka or Italy etc. The alien stuff didn't get good again until they boarded the mothership.

Werent they an ancient species or something?
Evolved humans

More like he got infected by aliens.

>YAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Can she even feel that? She looks more confused than upset.

Gantz was so fucking shit.

Masterpiece*

It was top quality shit,though.

No.
Yes

>Dog joins Gantz team
>dies offscreen and is never mentioned again
>p a n d a joins Gantz team
>dies offscreen and is never mentioned again
I'm still mad

Wow, I forget these

Holy shit, I tought it was some weird shit back then but looking at them now they're so fucking hilarious.
>fucking dinosaurs doing kung-fu

Panda got fucking points

I guess she felt that

The Buddha statue arc was amazing

>"Let's add Vampires because they are cool!"
>"Great!"
>"Now, let's forget about vampires, because I don't know what to do with them"
>"Lol"

This is probably the biggest problem with Gantz. A lot of characters who seemed important would just die and everyone would forget them, or sometimes a character would get brought back just to die again without accomplishing anything( in a story sense). I mean obviously the guy didn't have a full story planed out, but it really felt like he didn't even plan 10 chapters ahead, and just improvised every week.

I've seen some anons claim that Kurono killed all of them when they attacked his place

It kept you on your toes though and made things fresh. The only thing I didn't understand is why they never brought back the original tittymonster heroine. Did she request that she'd rather be dead or something? I forget. Maybe I'm remembering a different girl.

That was probably the best way to do it. Gantz became shit when people stopped dying started being resurrected.

She came back i think
But didnt have her memories

>Did she request that she'd rather be dead or something?
No, Kei does actually think of her once when muscle rider asks him who to revive, but he chooses edgelord instead. After that, she is only ever brought up at the very end when god or whatever is fucking with the team and he brings back her and lara croft only to kill them again.

That's a big problem in Gantz, but still not as big as this one.
How the fuck did she survive ?

The panda didn't even need to have any kind of story at all.He could just show up in the Gantz room and then wander off during missions and I would be happy.Instead he gets killed off so more no-name shitters can be crammed into the cast who's literal only purpose for being there is to get slaughtered immediately during missions.

>it really felt like he didn't even plan 10 chapters ahead, and just improvised every week
Pretty much this. Gantz was just a series of random things happening with lots of gore.

it was cool though

I felt like even that fell off by the end. I thought the final arc didn't have much in the way of good action, especially after the Osaka arc.

We didn't get enough Tae-chan sex scenes

You're right I remember now, that was one thing that I thought was truly retarded.

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Small tits are morally wrong.

People can't help if it if they were born wrong.

Animes can. Give them all proper (colossal) titties.

Gantz was so fucking weird to read, but i liked it.

It made me drop the fucking book, that was their purpose.

i think wanting a crew of black guys to call you their nigga is one of the few constants in the world

>You're right I remember now, that was one thing that I thought was truly retarded.
You have to remember the Kei (big tits grill) that participated in the gantz hunts was a doppelganger created by a gantz fuck up, since the original attempted suicide but survived. Clone Kei was in the same situation as clone Kurono, and never really belonged anywhere. The original was confirmed to be alive and well, and even had a cameo where she encountered Kato, but nothing more came out of that.

Was there ever a good Gantz video game made?It seems like an obvious choice.
>Gantz game made by Platinum Games
>Plays like Metal Gear Rising but with a bigger focus on mobility and better gunplay(if you chose to use guns at all)

A ps2 game, don't know how it was though

youtube.com/watch?v=cYwCwOu8-Ws
Looks like absolute garbage,but it seems like the Dog is a playable character or at least a party member so I have to play it.

>What purpose did they serve?
Being the coolest characters of the manga.

It is action mixed with Dating Sim, yes chosing partners nets Kurono some relationship points, in the game he could end with the early girls the series had, even the Kei Kishimoto he wanted to tap at first.

That seems pretty cool.
is there a dog ending

It doesn't look that bad desu

Gotchu sempai

It crazy how much in this series basically goes unanswered or just hand waved off

Like what I would like to know is the hierarchy of aliens

Like when they fought all those tentacle aliens and the boss was treated like he was unbeatable by the vampires, was he like a commander for the aliens? they said it was a counter attack so were they part of the giants from later on?

are all the aliens just different species?

I dont know, looking for answers is pretty unrewarding in gantz, but the journey is one hell of a ride

>are all the aliens just different species?
This was explained. IIRC a solar system died so all the aliens living there were emigrating to earth. Ergo hundreds of civilizations.

I agree on the other point though. Would've liked knowing why some were so fucking strong.

Yeah if anything just a bit more info on the aliens themselves

what race are the ones who all pose as statues in Buddah temple and Italy? Why were the italy ones so much stronger than anything else in the series

Has Oku even addressed half the questions in his series?

This bitch was how it turned to even worse shit.

Why does the author try to bash Trump every chance he gets in his newest series? Did he forget the race who dropped those nukes and stole all the native women.

Ancient parasitic alien, could be anything along those lines, immigrant aliens opens up a lot of possibilities.

Because she had a clone already, it's kinda fucked up but at the same time being a clone she was essentially the same person, not only that, her clone was free from Gantz and living a normal clueless life, perhaps they felt that was for the better. Plus Kato already had a new Osaka babe so I'd be kinda shitty to resurrect titty monsters and have her fuck off. There was really no reason to bring her back.

That's kinda what I figured from the bits I remember. Still no reason to not bring back Lara Croft though.

They're obviously all different species. Earth was basically a immigration haven for aliens all over the galaxy. For some reason there was some sort of unspoken rule or something for aliens to lay low and live among human quietly. The tentacle aliens and whatnot were obviously a species of alien that had a leader that you mention but from the dialogue the vampire gives that doesn't mean he's the leader of all aliens, they were more like gangs.

Honestly it's not that complicated.

It's all explained in the manga.

Retards don't understand because the translations are trash, also

They were definitely stronger but there were also like 50x more statues in italy than on the Buddha temple.

Yeah I agree but I like to believe that she was brought back after the story finishes along with millions of other Gantzers. After all, with the new found technology they could essentially resurrect people at will.

Shame the series goes downhill after this.

>Why did the vampires exist
Alien parasite or something.

>what purpose did they serve
Well, their goal was to take over the planet, and it seemed they worked with the Oni Aliens. The Osaka aliens weren't as kind to them, but maybe that's because they were technically hunters when they encountered them.

The functioned they serve is just killing Kurono after he is free. Remember, Kurono and Izumi killed all but the two that went to Osaka. I wanted to see Kurono kill the guy that killed him, but I guess there really wasn't any need to since they weren't that a big of a threat anymore. My headcanon says the vampires just sucked it up and blended in with humans like they had been doing.

They were supposed to be Kamen Rider's rip-offs just like Gantz is a sentai's rip-off, kaizo ningen (altered humans) working for a shadow organization (Shocker) with Kurono's brother rejecting the organization eventually, and later host Samurai and Chiaki are trapped on Gantz too, but the writing was too chaotic and Oku stopped giving a shit after the Rome mission