Code Geass

Get in

youtube.com/watch?v=yLvlQPLAors

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yLvlQPLAors?t=71
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow I'm so hyped for recap stuff mods sticky this

Wait, I thought they were doing a new season?

No need.

But I see they do have plenty of new cuts in the PV. Interesting.

Btw, the first film is going to be like 2 hours and 15 minutes long.

I don't remember this, new scene?

Yes, there's a few other new scenes around that part.

>I don't remember this, new scene?
The recap films is how Sunrise retcons things. This was an ancient tradition going all the way back to the original Gundam.

It also said "restructuring" the 50 episodes. So they are blatant about making changes.

They are after 3 recap movies

Indeed.

Can I watch this if I've never seen Code Geass before?

The series died after Lelouch did, who cares

With this movie alone they are already dedicating more time to S1-era than the "old" compilation (Black Rebellion) did so...that seems logical.

It seems to be what they are counting on, so yes.

We'll see about that.

Thats the scene where they retreat to the chinese embassy

I don't know, can you?
Watch the original.

I wonder if they'll give any Oz or Akito nods in the 2nd or 3rd movies.

It begins

It's the same place, but this is a S1-era scene at the Chinese embassy. That didn't happen before. We only saw the embassy in R2.

Didn't Ougi's VA die? Any chance he can get retconned?

I hope restructuring means "deleting 80% of R2"

So never?

>there are people on Sup Forums that haven't seen Code Geass

I would be very surprised if we didn't get at least speechless cameos from a bunch of Oz characters.

I can't wait to shitpost.

Interview with Taniguchi about the movie (page 1)

>recap movies

WHY DO JAPS EAT THIS SHIT UP????

YOU ALREADY SAW THIS. YOU LITERALLY ARE WATCHING A CONDENSED VERSION OF WHAT IS ALREADY AVAILABLE.

Some of us still have taste, user

(page 2)

Just watch the tv series. I guarantee you the pacing in the movies will be shit and stuff will be cut out/changed. Also you'll be waiting a while for them all to come out.

I thought they were going straight into R3.
gay

It's been ten years bro.

They want the people that have never watched Geass as well

It's been 10 years, user. It's a perfectly logical business decision to get both new and old viewers back on board.

>Just watch the tv series. I guarantee you the pacing in the movies will be shit

I'd be willing to question that. At least the first two movies will be season one material, plus new scenes, and the TV series had a fair amount of stuff that could be edited out. Especially R2, but also S1 too.

>hasn't seen it but claims to have taste for not liking it

Try forming your own opinions

You could cut out 70% of R2 and still have a perfectly functional storyline that would be arguably better and more coherent.

Based on the PV, at the very least this will cover everything up to and including Narita. (eps 10-11). Maybe more, but we can't tell yet.

So new scenes are:
Lelouch playing darts
Euphemia with Arthur
Ougi and the blue haired black knight
Chinese embassy stuff

>likes Geass but claims to have taste

Good one, Pedro

Because the innocent six-year olds of yesterday are now edgy sixteen year-olds.

To be honest I pity you guys that weren't here when Geass aired. It was the end of the good times and the dark ages came soon afterwards, but it was amazing.

Tamaki's sadly

-C.C. in bed with the curtains on is new.
-Lelouch throwing darts is new, I think.
-Shirley in the ruins (looking for her father, maybe?)
-Euphy and the cat
-Black Knights in other clothes
-Kallen wearing Chinese clothes at the embassy
-Kallen on the phone
-New close-up of C.C.
-New close-up of Lelouch

Fuck you I get NEW scenes of my waifu.

>it's been 10 years

Suzaku's past is also shown so I wonder if this will cover the Mao stuff too.

I wonder if Wakamoto will voice anything new, he's pretty much retired now.

BECAUSE KALLEN AND C2 BOOTY ON THE BIG SCREEN SHUT UP

I would imagine the Mao arc should be easily cut down. It really just existed to make two or three points and they could be presented to the audience differently now.

Everything will be new as far as the recordings go, even the older dialogue, so I assume he will come back. He's still done some video game stuff, hasn't he?

>I wonder if Wakamoto will voice anything new, he's pretty much retired now.
If it is just the recap films, they can definitely bring him back. It's not like he need to be in the sequel so it is not a commitment.

I can't even imagine what they'll do with Kallen's backstory episode.

R2's movie will probably have a ton of stuff cut which is fine, maybe they can skip that China bullshit.

So we're getting recap movies instead of a sequel?

Well, we could hear the basics about her past in a different way too. Still, I liked that episode myself.

Both.

God damn do I have mixed feelings about all of this.

Geass holds such a special place in my heart so it is hard not to be excited about all this new stuff coming up 10 years later

Yet at the same time after the shitshow that was season 2 and the conclusive finale it had it almost feels cheap in a way. Like this series DESERVED to be able to rest in peace with its track record as it is. Though I guess this means the series now has the chance to have two great seasons rather than just one. that first season is really fucking fantastic though

You could always just watch the recap movies first and only then decide if you want to keep going into whatever the sequel turns out to be.

Recaps with new scenes added, then a sequel which is probably going to be a movie or OVA series.

So I guess the whole feels of this scene are pretty much pointless now right?

9 years in 13 more days

TTGL was great to watch when it first came out as well

Is this a recap season or a movie?

Fucking hype. I get to see best girl up on the big screen, alive and well!

Not really. The feels have to do with what he's willing to sacrifice (his identity, his family and friends) and the pain it causes in those who cares about him. We always knew he could have become immortal, even back in 2008, so it's definitely not pointless.

It's a movie recap but more like a retelling I'd argue, since they are re-recording the voices and probably changing parts of the script as well, to go along with new material.

The news has been out for a long time now, that we're getting 3 recap movies and then a new tv season. How have you guys not heard by now?

.......until she dies again.

And due to R3, has now been cucked for all eternity.

>.......
>cuck
Never reply to me again.

They said sequel, not season.

how many years are we gonna have to wait til R3 godfuckingdamnit why even bother announcing it now if its coming in 2025

Eh, I think there's a chance she'll appear as a ghost or in the Ragnarok sequence if they really want to make that part more relevant.

We don't know if R3 will be a new series yet. My guess is they're gonna see how well the first two movies do before deciding if R3 will be a movie or a another TV series.

Btw, there will apparently be another new picture drama

ピクチャードラマDVD「仮面告白大会」

I wonder if COLORS will be used.

>he thinks Lulu actually died

It's definitely going to be a series. They've already been working on it for awhile now too, they're not going to change any sort of pacing depending on how the movies do. 3 movies, 1 series.

Resurrection will be 2 cour TV series starting Fall 2018

WHERE IS SHIRLEY !!!!!!!!!???????????????

She is here.

youtu.be/yLvlQPLAors?t=71

1:11
She looks fantastic

I'm surprised they put Todoh instead of Euphemia.

People actually care about this trainwreck?

Euphemia should be more important in movie 2, I guess.

Trainwreck people like you actually care about this?

They made Ohgi look more Jewish

Movie 1: up to Narita
Movie 2: up to Tokyo Battle
Movie 3: heavily altered full R2 storyline

Nice, it's always good to get more. The last one we got was pretty great.

That's no Ohgi, just one of the guys that dies at the end of R1.

I wonder if Taniguchi will finally be able to make R2 the way he wanted to with these new movies.

It's possible R2 material will be in movie 2.

Well, we'll see. Unless he's saying stuff about that on these interviews and we just have no translator.

They'll still need to do the 1 year timeskip due to Akito's storyline.

Would be great if they wrote Rolo out.

I watched it the first time this year and I liked it. I think I didn't watch it earlier because it had robots in it and something about the artstyle I didn't like. It turned to be a good looking show and not that much about robots.

Yeah, the further down the road it is the bigger chances one of us dies before the release so they better hurry the fuck up

only if it's Charles geassing Lelouch

Cool, they're always fun
JUST GIVE THE NEW SEASON ALREADY SUNRISE FAGGOTS

do wish someone could sub this picture drama already, it was already out too.

Please return to your dragon ball thread

More Cornelia.

Does anyone really gives two shits about the plot ?
I'm just looking for more pizzas and ridiculous shenanigans.

Yes. Why not both? I care about everything.