Boruto : Shippuden

This scene gives me chills from start to finish every time I watch it. There's so much given to us in such a short preview. The utter destruction of the leaf, the implication of Naruto's death, the fact that they're both covered in god slayer tattoos, Bort's homolust for Sasuke (still wearing his headband, the cape, the sword). There's just so much to look forward to and speculate about. What're your thoughts?

Unless you talk abou who is best girl in series you won't get much boruto discussion here.
Anyway I agree with you. I'm anxiously waiting to see how the story goes from the happy go lucky series it is now to the utter destruction and devastation of the future. I think Boruto will have lots of trials and tribulations.

They should have cut their losses and ended it after episode 480 of shippuden, everything after that, including Boruto has been low-quality filler populated with boring and unlikeable OC's; the only redeeming feature of the Boruto series is the nostalgia from seeing how the old generation minus the wandering autist have matured and developed.

they should have eneded after pains death and before nagato revived everyone

> sending the cashcow to slaughter house that early
user we both know that they wont do it even its corpse has been rotten to the core

Fuck Off Narutards

Nice meme

bumping this thread just because i think you're pathetic.

Would you recomment Bort to someone that recently Finished Shippuden and enjoyed it?

I like the OCs

But the final 20 or so episodes of Shippuden were better than half the Manga and the Boruto anime has been great so far.

well?

Boruto is pretty good. It's like the better parts of Naruto. It's definitely worth watching. Lots of good character development and some good fights too. It's got a lot of potential to not fuck up where Naruto did.

No because part 1 and shippuden are completely different and have some good moments while Boruto doesn't, come back in 2 when the plot kicks in.

The fights have good animation but thats about it, their definitely style over substance and thats only because they pump the entire arc's animation budget into a single 30 second fight scene which leaves the rest of the episodes in that arc looking like shit. Also what's the point in developing a bunch of characters that not many people care about; I've seen numerous people who absolutely despise Boruto, saying that he ruins episodes.etc and that Sarada should replace him as the MC, I've also seen people complain about Sarada being boring and bitchy and finally there's a reason why people keep joking about the OC's being filler characters...it's because their really boring.

>what's the point in developing a bunch of characters that not many people care about
What would be the point of only having a few characters with any sense of personality? I don't see how Boruto ruins episodes. He IS the MC, and his character is still developing too. He's not half the obnoxious cunt Naruto was. I personally don't care for Sarada, but again, they're still developing the characters. You should know that most of the hate is just waifu wars by the absolute worst people these threads attract, same for Sumire. We're only 24 episodes in, and the next arc looks like it'll be full of character growth.

I don't like Sarada's Gaiden development and I think she got shafted in the movie and manga yet, but she's an ok character and actually getting some spotlight.

I like the OC's more for the simple reason that they are all new and not a child of the old gen. Plus Sumire is the most awesome female yet IMO. Glad that this generations females are actually awesome.

This

Hold on a fucking second, the sequel got an anime, too? How many chapters does the Boruto manga have?

Not many, anime is a prequel to the movie, manga takes place after the movie

>How many chapters does the Boruto manga have?

Too obvious.

>Glad that this generations females are actually awesome

How low are you standards? Is this the result of years of conditioning from watching shippuden filler...also people who think Sumire's a good character low-key disgust me, go watch something else and find a better waifu.

>He's not half the obnoxious cunt Naruto

I swear people always forget the context when they put forward this argument, Naruto had an excuse to be bratty, he was an un-educated orphan, abused and hated by society; also Naruto was a madman and his crazy antics really helped inject some much needed light into what was essentially a grim story about child-soldiers fighting to the death. Unlike Boruto, Naruto was an underdog and an altruist which made him an extremely likeable and compelling character who was easy to root for in a fight. What Boruto is equivalent to is a famous rapper's son who embarrasses and desecrates his father's legacy by making trouble and acting like he's faced the hardship and oppression his father had despite the fact that in reality he's lived a very privileged and comfy life with minimal hardship.

My expectations were so damn low after Naruto's crap handling that I was completely suprised about Sumire's (and to an lesser extend Sarada's) decent enough character development.

I swear, some people have no idea what the words "character development" mean and just throw it in to have better sounding justification of why they like a character. Sumire didn't have a development. It wasn't even good or bad, there was none to begin with.

Any theories about the alternate universe? Was it that crack that Toneri broke mid air in episode 15? I gotta be honest this series is starting to get pretty good. Wish the manga wasn't monthly.

Then what is character development?

It's when a character has a flaw, realizes it, works on overcoming it and ends up as a different person as opposed to what he started as. Boruto has good development in the movie. Sarada has shit development in the gaiden. Shikadai, Denki and Iwabe have little one-episode developments. Mitsuki has a development over ghost arc. But Sumire doesn't, she starts as quiet nice girl and she ends as quiet nice girl, and no, turning into villain for no reason and reverting back does not count as development, because she's exactly the same after it as she was before, it's just shit writing.

In that case it would be the same as saying Sarada didn't developed since she's still the same after that sudden conflict with her mother.

She and Sumire got the most focus out of all new gen kids in Boruto and more than every female in Naruto. Sarada had conflict with her mother and Sumire had an ongoing conflict with her fate and her friends she made during the time in the academy and changed her whole perspective towards her life in the academy.

And that's what he lives by

I will never be able to understand why Kiba ended up being so underappreciated by Kishi and SP.

Such a cool character neglected and wasted for uglier, bland characters.

I will never fucking understand.

Well, at least in BNHA and it's fandom, they have better taste in characters.

Just wait until he becomes the team leader of Sumire, Namida and Wasabi.

They all have something to do with animals/creatures and Wasabi is pretty much the Kiba of Boruto.

The reason it looks like Sarada didn't develop over gaiden is because SP gave her post-gaiden personality. In Kishi's work she clearly lacks connection with people and doesn't have a direction in her life, both of those things she gains by the end of the gaiden. Her development is done badly, but she has it.
Sumire didn't change shit about her life. Saying that everything before was her pretending is nothing but a convenient excuse, since there was no indication she actually harbors resent towards Konoha people. And what fucking conflict with fate? Did you even think it through or thought that's a cool phrase to say? She was told by her dad to have revenge on Konoha, she didn't fora bit, then for no reason decided to do it, but then got turned around because Boruto told her she has friends, something she already knew. There is no development to Sumire, she does not change, she is written like a run-of-the-mill shippuuden filler antagonist,, specifically like the guy from mist country filler, that kid form one of the very first fillers that goes after Gaara's retrieval, and three fucking different villain in the new chuunin exam arc. All of them are absolutely identical (act nice at first, suddenly decide to go and do something bad because they were long ago told to do it, get explained that it's bad and that they have friends so there's no need to do bad thing).

>Wasabi is pretty much the Kiba of Boruto
I don't remember her being obnoxious and incompetent. Also I question her and Namida's connection to animals. I guess Wasabi got a tail charm, which is a streatch already, but Namida only shown propensity towards explosion tags.

Development refers to any change, it isn't limited to flaws. But to your point, Sumire wanted to destroy the village, now she doesn't. I don't see how that doesn't count as development. Same with Sarada, she was affected by her absent father, and now she's connecting with him. It's no different than Boruto or the others for that matter.

Kiba was awful. He had Naruto's loudmouth obnoxiousness with no skill to back it up. And that's not even in comparisson to ninja gods' powers, Hinata and Shino had way more combat capabilities than him, so did Ino-Shika-Cho, Lee, and Neji. Only person to be as useless as him was Tenten and she at least didn't shout for attention all the time.

Kishi shafted him like the rest of the characters not named Naruto and Sasuke. And SP practically hates him because he was a "threat" to NaruHina.

I really don't like the new gen kids. It's just a bunch of rehash kids and bland uninspired OC's.

If they actually were planning to make Kiba team leader of that filler girl squad for relevance, I'd rather they just give Kiba his own filler kid instead.

>Sumire wanted to destroy the village, now she doesn't
No she didn't. She was a perfectly normal student. If from the start she was shown to hate Konoha and work towards its destruction, and her niceness being a facade, then it would work. But she was moebait at the start, had a senseless fit, and went back to being exactly same moebait. There's no development here.

Kiba's sister has a better chance of being the team leader than Kiba himself.

Agreed, but Kiba has been shafted the most in recent years.
Disagree, Kiba was awesome. I liked him much more than Naruto. He had animal beast syncing techniques that could easily have been expanded and developed through elemental jutsu e.g. Fire fused beast tranformations.

Kiba was the most convenient/competent tracker on Team 8 too.

I don't mean to shit on Hinata but she was literally just an inferior Neji. She was always the weakest in Team 8 anyway.

Also, in the Konoha Novel, Kiba (as seen by shino) to have destroyed a meteor during the Last.
Studio Pierrot did not animate that though (because they're biased of course).

If it was shown from the start, it would ruin the reveal

Okay, so she doesn't have character development because SP really wanted to be poor man's Shyamalan.

No, she does have character development, but you don't like it's execution

No she doesn't. She's the same as she was at the start. Badly executed development is what Sarada got in the gaiden, it's inconsistent and makes her constantly go back and forth, and exaggerates previously mild traits, but she still ends up different.

How would you know if she's the same as the start when she hasn't even spoken since the arc? Either way, you have to separate whether or not you like how something is written from what actually happened. Her character at the beginning and end is not the same, I don't know why you insist it is. She wants to destroy the village and puts on a front to hide that, then it's revealed but she has a change of heart. It's not original, sure, but it's a development nonetheless. Don't know why it's hard to understand. Maybe you're referring to personality, but even that is yet to be determined until we see more of her.

Eh Give Kiba a chance

Nope, she played the cute and innocent girl while she was scheming her plan secretly in the background. She wanted to fullfill the desire of her father, until she realized that she can decide her own way in her life and that she enjoyed her life in the academy despite her sad backstory. She changed obviously to the better. Otherwise she still would try to kill everyone.

Also her character expanded upon the arc. A backstory and a actual confrontation was the key here.

This post sound like those anime youtube videos where some dude is being a pretentious fuck for the sake of it.
Shut the fuck up, it's a fucking children cartoon.

Most of the people watching it are in their late 20s and older.

gonna drop the series when we reach this

I just wanted a comfy actual mission based ninja village series minus the bullshit eye magic.
Though if they're clear about going down the route in the first place, I'm saving myself time.

The filler really killed the series.

Is this series worth watching? I dropped naruto before the 4th ninja war but i know how it ends, is this still a nonsense battle to see who can throw the biggest power?

Only if you like Naruto fillers, because it's written exactly like them.

Does anyone think that Orochimaru will eventually try to take Mitsuki's body?

Yes. Pic related is one reason.

I'm actually finishing up Naruto myself. I stopped mid war and started Boruto and it's a refreshing change of pace. There hasn't been any super powered wizardry so far. They're academy students with only pretty basic jutsu and they're kind of strategic about it. The story drags in a few episodes, but it's not bad.

The thing is, the girls in Boruto are still, by default, better because no female in Naruto went through any kind of character arc, with the exception of Tsunade and that was the arc she was literally introduced in.

It may not be a lot, but the girls in Boruto getting some kind of development is still something compared to the literally 0 in Naruto

Look, I'm honestly liking Boruto more than I've liked the actual Naruto manga in the past like 5 years, on account of the fact that I actually want to see a new episode as opposed to before when I would get bored for long periods of time and when I came back, it wouldn't look like anything had gotten better

>Does anyone think that Orochimaru will eventually try to take Mitsuki's body?

Nah. It's quite likely that he's already in a clone of Mitsuki's body, or rather that Mitsuki is a clone of it.

>muh filler

The last 20 episodes of Shippuden covered some of the light novels that are part of the official timeline and the entirety of the Boruto anime is also official. There is no filler anymore.

Probably just referring to their preferences in episode 4 for summoning animals where Namida wanted a dog and Wasabi a cat.

Will we see some cool fights in Mist Arc?

As someone who rewatched the entirety of Naruto, including filler, several times (don't ask, I'm not sure myself) you are talking so far out of your ass I can hear the butthurt all the way over here. Boruto is an outright masterpiece in comparison.

Fuck off narutards

>he likes Kishi's autism

Hey mods, the faggots are starting their general again. Do something.

Nice meme

Stay mad

Thank you for your support!

No it's not. So don't bother.
It's just a tryhard attempt to re-imagine classic Naruto, but with uninspired, Bland new gen kids and lack of tension or excitement.

Also, trying making the older gen look as ugly as possible.

I hope that pic related in Boruto being impressed by Kagura's sword which sparks his interest in kenjutsu.

What are the chances of a teenaged Boruto loosing his ability to use chakra in any form? It would be nice to see what is it like to be a civilian/non-chakra user in a world where everybody can use demi-god abilities

Miriofag pls

I have never watched BHNA in my life. It would be just a cool idea for Bort to be powerless, and on the run from people who want him dead for his actions in destroying Kohona

Well you should. Watch it, because you're never getting anything like that in Naruto where hax powers and bloodlines are everything. If you want to know how a ninja without chakra would fare just look at lee and his relevance.

Konohamaru trying to act cool and wise in front of the kids is always great.

same but shino

>unsheathes kusanagi
>hiraishins behind you
>pssh nothing personnel tebasa

Yeah, I will
But Lee I consider a chakra user. He can use chakra to walk on water and as well as the Gates. Im talking Boruto being reduced to not being able to use absolutely any bit of chakra at all, like you or me

speak for yourself, im infusing chakra right now

I thought it looked like a ridiculous parody of what was already kind of a ridiculous parody of itself

Yeah Valley of the End was really cool but what if this time we just did that sideways on Naruto's face

who even cares about the leaf getting destroyed

Kiba was a faggot

Should I start this one? I watched first few episodes but plot was not advancing at all so dropped it

everytime the legacy characters aren't in the scene i can barely care

when it's been over twenty episodes and nothing has happened in your garbage show yet besides flimsy worldbuilding as trash as the land of tea or the land of this and that or 'character development' of the same gravity and quality of such memorable characters as isaribi and yakumo and you just know any development for MC and his friends are gonna be rolled back and discarded the minute they hit manga material so who even cares

hmph, I wish. Kiba should've been bisexual atleast imo.

Well, Naruto was definitely a faggot though . No straight guy would cry, bitch and chase over a dude he was barely even friends with.

Recently picked on the Ninjastorm game

How THE FUCK do I get good in this game??? Why is everyone there in PvP have to block all the fucking time?

kiba loves pussy

are you dogfuckeranon?

Manage subs better and play exclusively uchiha, hokage naruto, or science tool bort

I would unironically love it if Bort learned Hiraishin, I know it is basically nothing personell no jutsu, but it is just too cool to be wasted on a dead guy.

Filler Nardo dropped so many more panties than real Nardo

Hopefully it makes the Karinfags finally shut the fuck up.

DO NAROTO SHIRANAI