Whats the best video player. havent been with community for a bit. still using CCCP

whats the best video player. havent been with community for a bit. still using CCCP.
VLCtards need not reply

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-my/HT205016
bakamplayer.u8sand.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

CCCP ain't a video player. It's a codec pack that includes MPC.

It's still the best go-to pack.
I've personally mostly used the Kawaii Codec Pack fork of the CCCP for past few years, but it seems to be stuck in a limbo. K-Lite is a fine alternative.

ok thanks. its just recently with a few series the subs havent been loading.

[AnimeKaizoku] Strike Witches 720p x264 BD Dual Audio [Demon Alpha]
subs wont load for me

Dragon Player

>Dual Audio
There's your problem, together with non-edited settings. You need to prioritize audio and subtitles in one of the codecs' settings so that certain audio languages "trigger" subs. OR just right click and enable subs manually for every episode.

It's one reason I tend to avoid dual-audio releases like plague. Getting files with MULTIPLE subtitle tracks and/or audio tracks to work as I wish (ie default to Jap voices + full English subs) is a bit of a pain in the ass; Many of the Cowboy Bebop's releases have been like that. I did finally figure it out though.

i get all that. i dont mid seting it manually. anyway when i select the subs i want theyre still not popping up.

check the MPC's options, use renders that allow subs to be handled.

Even with these shown settings, my subs do work just fine in multi-audio + sub releases, using MadVR + DirectVobSub.

I started using MPV, it's been great so far.

>CCCP
It has been deprecated and abandoned for two years, MPC-HC now includes everything it has by default. You could add some extra with madVR if you care.

You don't need a codec pack these days..

mpv

mpv

memepv

Both ironically and unironically mpv

Zoom Player Max

why exactly shouldn't I just use VLC with MPC-BE as a backup for when anime is encoded in a way that just gives me a green screen
the anime always runs fine as far as I can tell

On Windows: MPC-HC. Works from scratch. Advanced setups can include madVR and/or xy-VSFilter, but they're usually not required. There's no longer a need for codec packs for our usage.
On anything else: mpv, but you're on your own.

madvr makes a world of difference

CCCP is vaporware. Download MPC-HC instead, has everything and is actually optimised.

why exactly shouldn't I just use VLC
VLC is still trash. But if your eyes are terminally malfunctioning to the point where you can't see how bad it is then by all means continue using it.

Is there a difference between those two screenshots?

I mean, I never have stuff fucking up like in the image posted, I'm not sure why i'm supposed to be appalled at the video quality when I haven't seen anything that's necessarily better. If other video players are so much better, it's about the same as telling a guy who didn't know HD definitions existed how retarded he was for watching stuff in 480p and then saying his eyes were broken for noticing how shit it was.

So, I tried MPV for the first time yesterday. How the fuck do I get the player to fit to the screen size? I get those black bars on everything.

Unless you're literally, legally blind, yes.

That comparison is out of date. Somebody should edit the picture and add notepad++.

But what's the best player for mac?

You should buy a new computer.

I'm so sorry

iTunes

Any Windows PC should fix that problem for you.

support.apple.com/en-my/HT205016

>wincucks
Kek.

There's mpv for OS X.

MPC-HC is still the best for now. K-Lite Codec pack is probably the best one as well, it seems to get updated very regularly.

I use MPV on my Macbook and it's fine. You obviously won't get the same quality as a fully-fledged MPC setup but it's not by any means shit.

>You obviously won't get the same quality as a fully-fledged MPC setup
mpv is actually better if you know how to mess with the settings
profile=opengl-hq is almost MadVR quality by itself

Mpv, according to Sup Forums. MPC is discontinued now.

But mpv on mac though? I know that Sup Forums fully endorses mpv for linux and in general but I assumed the mac build was probably worse.

there's apparently a nice mpv fork for mac called iina
give that a try instead, looks like it's optimized for mac features and has a nice GUI too

Oh shit nice, thanks user

I use potplayer.
Fuck the tinfoiled heads and their paranoia.

>2017
>Sup Forumsnons are still using VLC
For shame.

You'd surprised. On a board where people often say "I know it's shit but I enjoy it" it's not hard to believe people actually just downloaded VLC like 5 years ago and have used nothing but since.

5 years ago VLC literally did not work.

oh fuck just tried that out, love this.

It works, but its inferior to everything else out there. People used to use it because it worked right out of the box, but MPC-HC does as well and its a much better player.

MPC
MPV
or Bakaplayer
bakamplayer.u8sand.net/

No, I'm serious.
10bit was introduced in 2011. VLC needed years to be upgraded to deal with it. It did not work in 2012.

IINA
Fellow Unix Master Race

>comming soon for macs

Oh yeah, I meant the modern day VLC works.

Did fansubs basically pioneer video codecs? It seems like any huge breakthrough in video on PC was some how related to anime.

I am using 2016 Nyaa playback manual:
>MPC-HC
>madvR
>LAW

>LAW
*LAV

>>LAW
We're all criminals here, user.

Jokes on you - drawn loli are CP in my country.

I want to move to 2D-Land too.

I literally VPN loli torrents for about 2 years now.
People went to jail for sharing Kawasaki in DC++.

mpv
mpc-be with madvr
potplayer with madvr

Notepad