How do you feel about early 90s/late 80s ultra violence anime?

How do you feel about early 90s/late 80s ultra violence anime?
I think it needs to come back.
youtube.com/watch?v=ad1bBoiPkQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yEXh9gPo7MY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In the west they've used to get away with a lot of gore back in the days, but anime wasn't nearly as mainstream and they were broadcasted on parallel/local channels and not on the main TV channels.
If today you tired to broadcast the fist of the north star you'd get an army of angry soccer moms at your doorstep.

Fucking lame.
we live in the worst time line.

Those anime were written by enthusiasts without any real perspective.
Modern anime are written by accountants with an excellent perspective.
Neither now nor then were healthy economic times, but they were on opposite sides of the spectrum. You can recognize the effects in the anime produced.

In Australia they used to air really violent and sexual anime sometimes.

>Those anime were written by enthusiasts without any real perspective.
>Modern anime are written by accountants with an excellent perspective.
I hate this argument, people back then were trying to make a profit as much as today, we had shitty harems and fanservice anime even then.
And they were the ones who won, Captain Harlock didn't print nearly as much money as Love Hina, Tiger Man didn't print nearly as much money as Dragon Ball.
The market adapted to the desires of viewers, and japanese otakus just wanted to watch cute girls doing cute/lewd things while jerking off to figurines.

you guys remember when anime was actually really fucking cool?
youtube.com/watch?v=yEXh9gPo7MY

They were trying to appeal to american audiences who have a chubby for violent movies.
When their own enthusiast base grew they switched to japanese friendly stuff.

Dude, you can count the good series/OVAs out of the 'ultraviolence' era on your fingers.

Also Genocyber is fucking boring, there are like 5 mins of decent stuff for every hour of boring shit.

No market. Only existed because of the guaranteed market of international video rental. That's why it all went to OVA, they wanted video rental placed buying them up ASAP.

Gunnm is getting a hollywood adaptation, maybe we'll get a coral reef of new shit if it goes well.

Ultra violent anime are crap they look like shit and appeal to retards.
What does look good and should make come back is technically detailed anime.

A lot of them were actually shit and didn't have anything of worth outside of the violence and nudity.

The battleship episode of Genocyber is one of my favorite productions in anime. Ohata is a god.

Too DANGEROUS for you?

>technically detailed
so, ultraviolent anime then

Fuck off moefags. Your cancer is killing the anime industry. Ultraviolet anime were fucking great fun, and had awesome themes and detail that game them appeal beyond just violence.
There were always cute shows like Minky Momo and Urusei Yatsura as well, there used to actually be a balance.
Really though, anime just does sci-fi really well, and the lack of new sci-fi is really disappointing.

There's lot to love in the OVA boom library of anime, but largely it's the kind of thing like enjoying cheesy b-movies and cheap slashers and shit.
There's genuinely great stuff, but also just pure schlock, which may or may not be fun depending on your tastes.
You know, just like modern anime. It's only that during the home-video time they took more risks, hence the violence.

>technically detailed anime
Ultraviolent anime are very technically detailed, retardo.

there's science fiction every single season faggot

Another post falls victim to auto correct.

>thinks the word technically means violence.
Stop huffing petrol.

>it's a retarded user that can't into reading comprehension starts putting words in my mouth episode
No you moron.
Most ultraviolent anime in the 90s and late 80s were very technically impressive.
you're fucking blind if you can't see that.

>I hate this argument, people back then were trying to make a profit as much as today, we had shitty harems and fanservice anime even then.
You are missing the point.
I specifically did not speak of that period, I spoke of "those anime".
OVAs were not viable for TV, and in many cases were only financed because the Japanese banks of the time financed literally everything.

You are beyond retarded.
youtube.com/watch?v=IsMTpSDAGxM
This is a technically detailed anime. There is no need for violent imagery in the word "technically" you underage idiot.

I never said all technically detailed anime are violent.
I said most ultraviolent anime are technically detailled.
You're dumb as hell dude. reading comprehension isn't that hard.

>I never said all technically detailed anime are violent.
See .

You said ultraviolent anime are technically detailed. No they are not. Violence and technical detail as in art and animation sophistication are not dependant on violence you stupid filthy piece of low iq shit.

I enjoyed watching them when I was a kid/teen. I don't think they'd entertain me very much nowadays though.