It's generally agreed that the second season of Death Note anime sucked...

It's generally agreed that the second season of Death Note anime sucked, but among fans I've seen little agreement as to the source of that sucking. Did it suck because it sucked in the manga or did it only suck in the anime?

It sucked because L was replaced by two boring faggots.

Bad characters, and the writing got more obviously bad.

You were supposed to root for Light at the beginning and then progressively getting more and more disgusted by his actions and start rooting for L to actually win.
So the scene where he wins and L dies should've left you with anger and bitterness.
Then you would've felt elated in seeing L's work passed on to someone else who eventually unmasked and humiliated Light in the finale.
Unfortunately teens like edgy protagonists, so a lot of people got mad when Light lost.

If memory serves, a lot of fans were more pissed off about the way in which he lost than they were about him actually losing. Although I remember that being a bigger problem in the anime than in the manga.

>Light Turner
Who?

Only read the manga so from that perspective, the two parts were equal, both had horrid portions but also some really great moments. People just prefer Part 1 more because it was their first exposure to the series. Overall, definitely a great series with huge flaws.

>so from that perspective, the two parts were equal
Weird, that makes it sound much better than it was in the anime. As someone who's only seen the anime, I remember part 1 as being awesome and part 2 being so much worse that I think that the show wouldn't have reached the popularity that it did if the two were to switch positions.

I only finished the manga and dropped halfway somewhere in s2, the arrival of ultra super special kids after L died made the manga somewhat meh.

>the arrival of ultra super special kids after L died made the manga somewhat meh.
Y'know, I think this might be the one thing that all of Sup Forums agrees on.

Really? Because I remember feeling the opposite. Light accepting his defeat and dying alone but peacefully felt way better than him crying like a little bitch while Ryuki laughs at his face.

The fact that Mikami's poor decision was the reason why Light lost was bullshit. It's the only reason why I hate the ending of the series. If they just made it that Light fucked up by himself and still died in the end, then it'd be fine.

What about the rest of season 2?

Clearly not as good as the first season, the story lacked polishing but it was okay.

As lame as they were I did like at the end when the douchey little kid needed his less capable partner to win

True.

>It's generally agreed that the second season of Death Note anime sucked
No, it actually isn't. I don't know who told you that.

>The fact that Mikami's poor decision was the reason why Light lost was bullshit
Well yeah.
Near "cheated" and made Mikami do it with the note.

It's a common misperception that Death Note got worse after the death of L. In reality, the show maintained a relatively static level of quality throughout it's run. in particular, the whole show was quite shitty.

Bait?

>the writing got more obviously bad
As opposed to what?

The ultra super special kids were fine, or at least the concept. They just weren't nearly as interesting as L.
That, and Yotsuba complicated and stretched things a lot. I wonder how many people remember how much time passed since the beginning.

Yup

Pretty much this. The tactics in part 1 were horribly bad and Light managed to become the first suspect in a matter of weeks just because. And the show couldn't go anywhere except homolust from that point so they introduced Misa for Light's contrived plan to work.

Death Note is fun to read, but it's not very good. Even with its flaws, part 2 might have had a more interesting structure than 1.

Raito's defeat was too forced. He should have won, but JUMP and Ohba are faggots.

I think it's more that Near is a little faggot.
People probably wouldn't care so much if it was Mello who defeated Light. A lot of people liked Mello.
But Near is basically just a younger, less mature L, yet somehow he beats Light.

>Light accepting his defeat and dying alone but peacefully felt way better than him crying like a little bitch while Ryuki laughs at his face
Being a kirafag should be a banable offense

> the second season of Death Note anime
"Season" is not a synonym for "half." Death Note is a single season anime.