The 70s were the best era of anime. You cannot refute this

The 70s were the best era of anime. You cannot refute this.

TTGL is better than every single anime in that list.

The 80's where better.

Cleopatra was AOTD

TTGL is a poor man's Mazinger Z.

Why would you make this list? And it's very bloated, besides. Very few actually essential, depending on how you define that.

/thread

Nah, the 80s were all style and no substance.

>69 titles from an entire decade
>bloated
Fuck off newfag.

All shit besides Gundam

For something as niche as anime that's a massive number.

>anime
>niche
In the west, maybe.

By niche I mean, we're talking about a national subset of animation (a niche of film itself) which fits the vague descriptors (commercial, stylistic requirements) of "anime".

Watch more faggot.

I would if there were more worth watching :^)

Why aren't there good short films like this anymore?

There are "okay" short films. But mostly everyone talented is dead or retired.

Truth, everything has been down hill since then. Good list.

TTGL is a poor man's Ashita no Joe.

Except Gurren Lagann is better written and doesn't look terrible.

70s looks like shit

>babby's first mecha anime
1) Shut up about Gurren Lagann. It's not that great.
2) The writing is the worst part.
3) Almost every aspect of Gurren Lagann was borrowed from franchises that started in the 70s. Not that you'd know you fucking newfag pleb.

1988 the best year and gave us the best anime film

stay buttblasted. gurren lagann is better than all of these shows.

You're wrong on three counts man.

Maybe if you're blind. Go back to your DBS thread.

He's objectively correct about point three. The others are up in the air.

I am a fan of anime, not Japan's cartoonshit Disney imitation.

...we.

Gurren Lagann has a lot of Joe references hidden all over the place like Kamina's death or Kamina using the same method Joe used to try and escape prison before his fight with Rikiishi. There's probably a lot more but it's been a while since I've watched Gurren Lagann.

70s Toei put out some really weird shit.

Imagine going out of your way to tell everyone you have shit taste, and being proud of it. Go watch shitty battle harem #8923 and post about that some more.

Okay I will watch Cutey Honey

A reference is not something borrowed.

70's full of either disney ripoffs and mechshit with literally zero budget, only the shoujo looked passable

be thankful tomino invented anime, more good tv shows are produced in a season now than were in the entire decade

Toei kinda died in the 70s. Besides Taro, the good movies stopped when all their best members left in the early 70s.

>doesn't know what a battle harem is
I see why you wouldn't like 70s stuff, You're clearly a newfag. Go hang out on reddit for a few years and come back when you'[ve seen at least 500 shows.

The Dynamic Pro movies are all really good, unless you just outright dislike Super Robot stuff.

Toei had their best run in the 90s,when Ikuhara, Satou, and Igarashi were all directing under them

Nah, peak Toei was their 60s films. Easily.

Didn't Ikuhara leave because Toei didn't give him enough creative freedom?

Most people on Sup Forums would probably disagree. But then, most people on Sup Forums have seen less than 200 anime. The 70s easily had the best writing of any era.

>I am a fan of anime, not Japan's cartoonshit
Wow, that is some serious cognitive dissonance.

>listing every short you could watch online made by a total of 4 people
quite plebby

20s > all

>Japan's cartoonshit Disney imitation
If by Disney imitation you mean films with good production values, then sure.
Toei films were always very uniquely Japanese, since Hakujaden. The maturity of the themes they dealt with hasn't been outdone by any animated films to this day.
For instance, Anju to Zushiomaru's themes of slavery, death, imprisonment, and redemption are probably the most well handled and mature of any animated film of all time. Disney would never even attempt to make a movie like that.

>listing every short you could watch online
You can watch literally any anime online retard.

As opposed to Miyazaki, Takahata, Mori, Otsuka, Kondo? No thanks.

Oh, to be young and naive.

Fuck off retard.

Nothing on that list comes close to K-On!!

Laughable "opinion" you got there.

Other way around, K-On is the first major achievement in TV anime since Takahata's WMT

That's impossible since Gainax didn't start putting out work until the 80s.

It's a fact.

TTGL is a fucking meme anime.
I've tried watching it 3 times and have never been able to get through more than 6 episodes.

>You can watch literally any anime online retard.

I fucking wish this were true.

almost everything is on KYSanime if you're okay with watching stuff at shitty stream quality.
You shouldn't be okay with that though.

Some generations have better anime because of the popular topic that generation and animation style. But that doesnt include 70s imo. There's no "best" era of anime. There are masterpieces in every era of anime.

Threads like these are fucking annoying. It's like people commenting on 70s music saying "My generation's music sucks, fuck my generation waa waa" and it feels like you just want to be different and want attention. Just stop.

There are no masterpieces of the current era.

>better written
>AnJ looks terrible
I fucking can't stand newfags.

>What is Reconguista in G

Likewise I can't stand people with no ability to discern good art from bad.

I'm the OP, and I would say that there have been several masterpieces of the current era, though I don't feel like getting into a contentious debate about what they are in the middle of another discussion.

TTGL is derivative of Ashita no Joe and other mecha of that era, but adds its own style and charm making it better or worse based on your taste and preferred aesthetic

You would say that because you're a pleb, like your list illustrates.

>What is Reconguista in G
Utter shit.

Fair enough OP. I just expressed my opinion.

Kaguya-hime

>AnJ which was made 37 years before TTGL is bad because it doesn't have the same visuals
You're a fucking retard. Joe shits on it in storytelling easily.

Recency bias prevents people from seeing as Takahata's worst film.

Whatever you say, grandpa

I can see how someone might think that, given a small enough mind and limited experience.

work on the bait harder next time

Pleb would suggest ignorance, which isn't really a fair insult towards people who have watched a significant amount of anime.
At the worst you could say I have bad taste, which is a bit more circumspect.

Pleb suggests nothing more than that you're a commoner, one incapable of real engagement with culture and art. I stand by my accusation.

You must be 18 to browse Sup Forums.

That's cool. I hope you enjoy watching your patrician trash like Fate, TTGL and Monogatari.

It's much better than Yamadas and Pompoko.

Do you honestly believe I'd watch that nonsense while criticising you like this?

What's your idea of a good anime then?
>inb4 list of KyoAnus CGI filter trash

Yup, called it. KyoAnus fagboys are always so easy to spot.

Geez, you didn't even try to cover up the fact that he called you out spot on.

Wouldn't it be contradictory if I were a Kyoani fanboy, given my previous statements?

Honestly man, it sounds like you're just a newfag to me. But I don't really have any evidence otherwise. 70s anime founded the language of the medium and everything since then has been derivative in one way or another.

(You)

That second statement is simply untrue, are you just not familiar with anything before then?

I always wonder if people who praise 70s and 80s anime actually watch modern anime OR have watched older anime at all.

I've seen almost every 60s anime worth watching.
Mazinger Z and Cutey Honey cemented the styles of shows in their genres through the current day. Sure there had been robot and magical girl anime before, but they were still largely copying Western productions, or largely uninteresting aesthetically. The WMT shows laid the groundwork for a style of mature storytelling that wasn't simply an imitation of Disney with some Chinese influence. The 70s is when anime became more than "Japanese cartoons" and became its own medium.

That faggot is just a contrarian. Of course there are good shows from every era. Anyone worth talking to watches a wide variety of shows from every era.

No idea why you mentally deranged nigger mistake influence for quality. How much longer are you going to mistake one for the other?

People usually aren't influenced by/don't attempt to emulate things that don't have any quantifiable artistic value. Just a thought, nigger.

Something being good by 70s standards does not make it good by modern ones, my fellow cottonpicker. The medium evolved and being influenced by something is natural since the market is so saturated that coming up with original ideas is borderline impossible. Execution has become more important than premise ever since the 90s.

>tfw 70s anime turns into 80s anime
>it's the greatest anime of all time

I didn't say there were no good shows. Just no masterpieces.

>implying
60s anime best era.

You'd have to be truly blind to not see that the foundations were not already set by the time the clock struck 70.

Gainax is literally the most blatant product of everything that came before them though. Especially with regards to everything that Dezaki directed.