No Banner of the stars ending ever

>tfw you will never see Lafiel become empress of the Abh and take the jade throne
>tfw Lafiel will never command an armada to destroy the remnants of the rebel humans
>tfw Lafiel will never have little abh with Count Hyde

>tfw the novels will never be translated
Why does it hurt so much?

time to learn japanese nyugga

reading banner of the stars is my goal in learning japanese

I feel your pain user. I just re-watched the whole thing last month and it still hurts that there still isn't more. Our best hope is the manga ;_;

True. I used to be pretty high level (jlpt 1). But i stopped doing any studying for a couple years. It sucks that Banner of the Stars is filled with military, technical, and Abh cultural jargon that make it pretty upper level though. I've downloaded the books, maybe I'll try to weed my way through them.
The novels aren't finished yet, but the last one was published in 2013.

I was pretty content with where the anime left off, but I would be ecstatic if they made a new series or translated the books.

Learn japanese, it's the only way

>banner novels will never be released in english

lafiel is my waifu ;_;

Anime had a decent enough ending, and Morioki will never finish the story anyway.
It least I won't have to see their relationship become increasingly bittersweet as she starts to outlive him.

time for a remaster

...I'd like to see that

The new manga is going well, maybe we'll get a new anime.

it won't happen unless the author writes more books, which he isn't doing

>he started writing a new series
>We'll never find out how the BotS ends

If the LOGH remake get traction added to the Yamato 2199 success, someone may be interested in a new adaptation.

I mean he kinda is... The 4th book was released in 2008 and the 5th in 2013. So that's not nothing.

Gaijin got no taste.

remove knife-ears

>removing the best part
I bet you like lolis with big tits

I just want more of Lafiel and Jinto. It's refreshing to see a non-autistic couple when it comes to anime. It's also nice that it just becomes accepted that the two are together without having all the usual nonsense associated with confessions and such.

Didn't the 5th book mainly focus on the brother instead of Lafiel and Jinto? I remember people being pretty peeved about that. It sucks that he writes so slowly - I think there are supposed to be at least 4 more books in the series. I don't think he's young either, so it might turn into a case like A Song of Ice and Fire.

I know what you mean. Their relationship just felt very authentic and the characters developed well.

I'm not sure about the japanese reaction to the 5th book. I've only ever seen a brief synopsis that talks about the 4th human faction betraying the abh and attacking the capital. I think I read that the brother does have a bigger role though.

>user dumps first two manga volumes a few months ago
>miss out on it

FML

It's great how natural their relationship is. The more annoying anime/manga romance tropes are subverted and played in a way where it's easy to see how in love the two are while still being realistic.

Like when Jinto's friend is talking about making a harem for him. Lafiel overhears but only brings it up as a joke while the two are hugging later. No overreaction or whatever needed.

Just hand the franchise to Xebec and let them remake it as an OVA. I bet they can even pull off the miracle of turning the shit that was the first BotS season into something truly good.

Exactly. The fact they didn't force anything over the top like that made the show much more real. I wish that was more common in anime.

You should pick it back up

They're definitely more along the lines of traditional science fiction than light novel/manga. I think they're pretty short though if I recall correctly.

Looks like the 4th book has about 250 pages and the 5th around 290. So not too bad.

>anime had a decent enough ending
>literal slideshow that doesn't even address one of the most important questions do they fug??

Yes, its one of the higher level Japanese novels.

Especially when he makes up words in Japanese like "space time bubble"

I had my japanese studdies friend read it once, and it took him a month. He said LOGH manga and novels were way easier.

The novels page count is short like a light novel these days.

>imlpying the author will ever finish it
Have fun reading about her dumb little bro and waiting in vain new novel, faggots.

Make it happen, Japan. I need more SpElves in my life.

Of course they do. What hot blooded male wouldn't?
I'd betray the human race for her desu.

The animation in the show definitely leaves something to be desired. Would love to see the series rebooted.

And the two are basically married by the OVA, so they might as well.

I want to die without more.
Why did Space Operas die off?

My recent release minimizes the double telecining issue.

I guess it was the rise of moe. Moe sells more than space operas and operas require good writing.

No reason you can't have moe space opera.