Twelve Kingdoms

12 Kingdoms. Why the hell is this not more popular?

>80s aesthetic, 2000s production values
>actual fantasy, no video game mechanics, not a D+D campaign
>cute female lead who is actually useful and has a personality, not typical anime archetype
>arguably also a reverse trap
>swords, half-beasts, flying monster-mounts
>catfights, cute girls laughing hysterically after slaying a monster too many and mindbreaking
>shota
>the rich-man's Sinbad
>dandere male prettyboy lead
>shota-bullying
>princess-bullying
>tsundere S chinese loli queen with manservant
>extra-yandere bob-cut girl
>guy who challenges the fucking gods to strike him down
>best boy is a mouse
>royal airforce
>actual thousand-man battle scenes, not just two retards screaming at each other louder and louder
>peasants getting btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBVDJnUL8M8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2000s production values
Good anime, but this was unfortunate.

Cause it's fucking old.

Cause it was 10 years ago, you massive newfag.

>2002
>old

Slayers gets weekly threads.

I remember liking this, but it has been over 8 years since the last time I watched it, very interesting, I will have to rewatch it again, I love that opening

>tsundere S chinese loli queen with manservant
Shushou was born to be served, the little girl is a fucking legend.

>>guy who challenges the fucking gods to strike him down
He had a point, the Gods are idiots, as a ruler you can be a real ass for the people without consequences if you're smart enough to not stretch to far heavens patience. Which if fucked up for the peasants that have no voice in the matter.

I just started reading the book last night and it's really bad. It feels like it was written by some teenager who has never actually read a fantasy novel and just filled it with a bunch of fantasy cliches they heard about. The feminist message is also too obvious and heavyhanded. I'm only like 30 pages in so I hope it gets better.

This is my favorite fantasy from Japan and Yoko is my waifu. Unfortunately, there isn't much to tell anymore but it's an excellent show. Great character development. Bumping this thread out of respect.

>isekai

It needs a remake. It's still on hiatus right?

>The feminist message
Puff... laughable, you. Can't see a simple female character without being "triggered".

You sound like the one who's triggered here, m8.

He really did nothing wrong, yeah. The gods are dicks. That's some damn fucking inequality. Be a peasant, die at 40 from breaking your back farming 10 hours a day on two bowls of rice and a few handfuls of weeds a day. Be a noble, wealthy beyond imagination, a dozen servants scrubbing your floors 24/7, and immortal to boot.

Haven't read the novels but it's my next step. All the similar sounding names will fuck my shit up. Kiki and keikei and keiki and kikei and kokei and kikou... Like fuck's sake, I know you chinophiles have more consonants than just k.

Opening was alright but not great.

Name 1 girl in this show better than pic related

protip: you can't

>feminist message
nigga you what?
imagine being so indoctrinated that you can't see a competent female lead without screaming "feminism"

Everyone. She's even worse than woe-is-me girl, because at least she cared about other people and wasn't obsessed with playing dress-up.

Youko and dead oneesan are the only good girls in this. The boys are all perfection though.

If it's pre-2010 it isn't tumblr-tier "feminism" by default. Fucking youngfags need to fuck off. It's a girl who can use a sword and has responsibilities she meets. That's not "feminist", it's just called "competent." Calling every decently written female "feminist" is an insult to women. Hell, this didn't even have grrrl power shit in it. Just decent writing and clothes that cover more than their tits and cunt.

She is not bad, but her story only started, she really didn't much to deserve the trophy. You only likes her because she is pretty.

>the moment when Yoko stopped being shit

2022 is the year we'll finally get a remake.

Doesn't need a remake, needs a continuance.

I remember really enjoying it. Too bad it got cut short.

I'd settle for a series of movies, KnK style

Criminally underrated, my favorite anime by far. Just the world-building is enough to get me diamonds.

>That's not "feminist", it's just called "competent.
You're right but with the state of female characters in anime it stands out enough to feel 'feminist'. It's 100% a positive thing though, since it just means interesting, well written girls. It doesn't have a political agenda, but it doesn't treat women like useless eye candy and it's the sort of thing a young girl can watch, relate to the characters and feel inspired by their growth.

People could still always discuss it

I'm going to post my favorite track from the OST:
youtube.com/watch?v=FBVDJnUL8M8

>shota-bullying
He was so precious.