What was his fucking problem????

Other urls found in this thread:

deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/Stephen_Gevanni
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who?

The guy who solved the Kira case

Jebroni.

He loved Near.

The man who made a perfect replica of the Death Note, a magic notebook composed of unearthly materials that had years and years of writing in it made possible only by the fact it has infinite pages, in a single night. What bullshit. Near probably did control Mikami to ensure his victory.

>Near probably did control Mikami to ensure his victory.
Elaborate?

There is a theory, that is mentioned in the show, that Near wrote Mikamis name in the notebook and wrote that he would come and write in a fake notebook. In the manga Mikami later dies in prison and Matsuda is the one the talks about this idea.

Oh okay. How does that explain how Gevanni wrote 1000s of name perfectly in a single night though?

He wouldn't have to, he'd just have had to make something that looks like the Death Note at a quick glance because Mikami would be destined to go.

>Better question, was it's L intention to give Kira the right to win the battle but not the war? Did L sacrifice himself so that Kira's emotional state would be so significantly shifted (due to his competitive nature, something L was keen about) that when Near entered the frame, Kira would be in a state of shock and thus unable to function and full capacity for a relatively short period of time? Did L give Kira such a run for his money, that when the race was over and he was tired, he would be defeated by the progeny at the orphanage regardless? Is this represented by L being present at Kira's death, almost triumphantly standing there? Discuss, because L may have been playing a whole different game with Light's mentality all along.

Pretty much what said. It's pretty dumb but then again the series never took itself seriously so I think it's okay even if he did write them all in one night.

No.

I think you're onto something that Kira would be so exhausted with his fight L that he might fuck up if someone else showed up. Then again I'm pretty sure a couple of years past before Mello and Near entered the scene.

4 years, just long enough for Kira to get comfortable and lazy with himself

That was what I thought. Kira got conceited and underestimated everyone.

HE
DID
IT
IN
A
NIGHT

What would Light have done if Mikami did actually kill everyone in the warehouse? You don't exactly have to be L to deduce that it's kinda suspicious Light was the only one not killed by Kira

Was Light officially on the taskforce? As in, did anyone outside of that room from the Japanese police or whatever know that he was involved in this case?

Literally who side character that's somehow so fucking skilled he can copy a literal magic notebook perfectly to the point a complete autist and detail-freak like Mikami can't tell the difference.

For all the asspulls people talk about in Death Note, people never bring up this one.

KIRA RULZ MATSUDA IS A FAGGOT OMG

How did Light know that Near didn't leave behind documents and files that the cops or American government would find?
Plus, L had a dead man's switch, why wouldn't Near?

>You don't exactly have to be L to deduce that it's kinda suspicious Light was the only one not killed by Kira
Who's going to deduce that? No one in the japanese police knew Light was playing L.
Near was violating american law by pursuing Kira.

It doesn't matter since nobody else knew that meeting was happening. Even still, Light could have just said he called in sick that morning,
>For all the asspulls people talk about in Death Note, people never bring up this one.
That's the only one people ever bring up

T
W
I
C
E

>That's the only one people ever bring up
I'm pretty sure the "all according to keikaku" watch memory gambit gets brought up more.

I actually rarely see that one get mentioned. Yeah, it's pretty convoluted, but if you look at it, it makes sense. Copying an entire death note word for word, even copying all the smudges and stains, is just bad writing

As soon as he got the notbook it should have been Light vs. kira mentally

Near just used the death note to make sure Light would lose. If you think of it this way everything becomes reasonable.

Well that's not fair if Light wasn't actually Kira

I just finished re-watching death note last night, and a lot of things struck me as odd during the second part of the series after L dies, I know a lot of people shit on the netflix movie for its pacing, and rightfully so, but after fully re-watching death note in its entirety there is a lot of parts where the pacing is kinda rushed and so much happens so fast it seems a little unbelievable, the whole making a copy in one night thing for instance, now I'm willing to believe there is some super skilled FBI and CIA and other spy type people out there who are super skilled at doing shit like that, but I just don't think it could be done that quickly.
anyone know of where I can get some really nice HQ scans of the manga? I want to read it next, most of the free sites I've tried have low res garbage with watermarks and just seem like a chore to try to read

How would you have fixed the ending?

Mello should have had more screentime. In fact, Mello should have been the one to corner Kira in the end.

Worked it so that light would die if L died. mutual destruction was the only way to end it properly, they were so evenly matched that anything else would be an ass-pull.

Not entierly sure how exactly I'd do it, but likely set up some way of L saying "if i die, light is kira, kill him" at the latest stages.

Fuck mello.

>draw a character as feminine as possible except without tits
>call it a guy

same with near

>female proportions and VA
>he

also the autistic chocolate bar breaking shit with mello was more than enough for me to hate him.

I wish they did the whole "Mello and Near are halves of L, and together they can surpass him" thing better. Instead they made it so that Near was a less interesting L, almost to the point where he was copy and pasted, and Mello was his own character that wasn't developed enough. Also they tried to force in the teamwork thing at the end by hinting that Mello had this whole keiaku that Light would behave exactly the way he wanted him to and Near would be able to use this information to catch him. it was weird

Was that really that big of an asspull?

F
O
R

F
R
E
E

Misa was the first real fault in the series. The circumstances regarding her were just ridiculous and the little sense of realism the show had for me just kind of flew out the window. It doesn't help that she's fucking obnoxious, and ended up being the ruin of both Light and L in stupid ways. I know she was meant to spice things up but I would have been perfectly fine with more 1v1 psychology battling.

Human Photocopy Machine

I somewhat agree, but also feel like she was sort of necessary. It would have been a completely different show without her. Sometimes I wonder if she was introduced as a means for L to die, or if that was something they came up with after the fact. the only real standout stupid thing about her was when L said "Yeah, I'm almost 100% positive you're the second kira but I'm gonna let you go anyways"

Didn't the author outright admit somewhere she was just for interest and sexiness?
Seriously though, she's the impetus for all the stupid shit people complain about in the second part of the series.

If he did, I haven't heard it. Also, what stupid shit in the second half are you referring to? The shit that bothers me the most about the second half has nothing to do with Misa

I agree with the many listed issues with the manga.

It all really went downhill after the missile.

Were there any significant differences in the manga, for the worse or better/

Oops, I mistook this for a death note manga thread.

But all the criticisms itt apply to the manga too.

I have no desire to check out the anime after finishing the manga so I don't know the answer to your question.

Near ruined the series.

He fucked himself over when he considered Mikami a 100% reliable ally and prematurely ejaculated over his full proof 'victory'.

According to her wikipedia article
>Ohba felt that having the story solely consist of males would be "boring" and wanted "a cute female".

And I bet the stupid shit you're thinking of wouldn't have happened if Misa was not a character. Like you said it would have been a different series, one that likely would have ended with Light and L only.

This, why the fuck did they think replacing L with a twice as autistic but more boring version of himself was a good idea.

>Gevanni is a tall, attractive man with black hair and bangs
>5' 10''

Kek. Wait a minute, keep forgetting this is Japan and that the average height here would probably be considered tall.

deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/Stephen_Gevanni

Only because the president knows Kira could assassinate him at any time (and as far as he knows could make him start WW3).
If Near died but left a message just SAYING that Light Yagami and Mikami were Kira then they'd go all out to assassinate his ass.

Light only lost because Mikami, who had obeyed Light 100% to that point, decided to go against orders the one time he absolutely should not have. I am fine with Light dying in the end but the amount of horse shit Ohba pulled to make it happen left a bad taste in my mouth.

Out of all the various forms and adaptions Death Note has took, without comparing it to the manga or anime, which ending did you like best?
For me, I really, really liked the two 06 movies and their ending, seeing L actually win against Light and see him defeated, but still die later on was really great.
I really wish there could be a live adaption that didn't waste Near and Mellow, I really disliked how the drama series tried to make Near have double personalities.

Mikami should have gotten the note to start with, he wouldn't have ever got caught like Light did, Light was too concerned with his ego and 'winning' and being God.
Mikami was smart and just wanted to do what Light did, but without all the drama attached.
Also Mikamis dramatic writing really took me out of all his scenes, like do you really need to dramatically have a orgasm everytime you write in it?

I would've liked to see either Near, Mello, or some other random fuck find a Death Note of their own and use it for evil instead of Light's original purpose.

I wonder how Light's character would've been handled if he had to deal with that type of bullshit.

Mikami is calm and smart, but lacks wits and cunning. The one time he acted on his own, he completely fucked things up. He would have lost to L, I guarantee it.

I remember about ozymandias
>save the world
>kill people to save people
But Watchmen the comics,is a masterpiece compared to Death Note.

SAKUJO

DELETE THIS

>chad
Mikami's the most beta character in the series.

S A K U J O
A
K
U
J
O

sakujo

OBSOLETE

This series should never be in WSJ, it limited the story potential because they dont want to confused the kids who read it

>loved Near
>he didn't rape Near
Shit manga tbqh familia.

Sounds retarded

He fucked light yagami

Dude made a replica of a notebook that's been used for god knows how long in a single night that's perfect enough to fool a super autist that's looking for signs of tempering. And Near barely gives him a mention.

Why, is your dick confused? Maybe you shouldn't watch Japanimation.

He is just a Lightfag. They are all shit.

second season when?