>suddenly everyone starts speaking niggerish
>turns out it's mangastream translation
why do they do this

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/OfficialHxH/status/881941511864066048
youtube.com/watch?v=UFGHBiRjy5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

now you know why people call them niggerstream

Maybe they're trying to stay somewhat faithful to the way the characters are speaking in Japanese? Japanese has accents and slang just like any other language.

Who knows

I will forever love niggerstream for that monologue about Kenny raping people

you mean this?

bonus

I know people that can read Japanese. That's not how they sound at all. niggerstream just tries to add their own touch to what they think the characters like Kenpachi would sound like.

glad to see this is the first post

>niggerstream just tries to add their own touch to what they think the characters like Kenpachi would sound like.
in all fairness that probably is what a proper dub kenny would sound like

Sometimes you kind of should approximate based on the dialect/accent though. For instance I was reading Homunculus recently and apparently the main character sometimes slips into his old way of speaking which is like someone from a certain part of Japan out in the country and the English translation tries to write these lines how someone from the south in the US would speak, or rather what you'd imagine someone considered a hillbilly would speak like.

If someone in a manga is speaking Japanese like some hoodlum in the inner city then I think it would be appropriate to translate this like how an inner city hoodlum in the US would speak. Apparently this isn't accurate for how the people in Bleach speak but I'm sure there are manga where it would fit.

twitter.com/OfficialHxH/status/881941511864066048

>all those people praising MS

I'll never understand why people love curse words so much. And why they can't realise that words like that don't exist in Japanese.

Somebody post the "we gangsta now" pic.

It makes the character more MATURE and ADULT. Don't you love it when a wide eyed 12 year old calls someone a fucking asshole?

>reading Berserk
>Guts curses all the time
>suddenly, Guts stops and becomes really chill
>it switched over to a different group
>old scanlation group thought Guts should be more mature for mature readers like myself so they were the ones ad-libbing in profanity

Just kids or manchildren.
Don't bother, I am sure you have more important things to ponder about than this shit.

Does anyone have that panel with the NnT talking pig dissing like a true mofo nigga?

Has anyone else gotten the impression that people today swear more often on the Internet in general?

Can someone post the mangastream gangsta pic, I lost mine

I got you

Did this only affect Bleach? Because I don't remember anything like this when reading their One Piece translations.

Why is this allowed?

Well, it kinda fits the urban tone Bleach used to go for.

Why don't you just read Japanese?

They still spam swear words, but it's the little things that don't make sense, like translating Katakuri (potato starch) as dogtooth

Does cussing even exist in Nipponese?

the dialogue actually suits them quite well.

This one's hilarious for just how needlessly aggressive Hawk's reaction is.

absolutely

>like translating Katakuri (potato starch) as dogtooth
Should've named him after a dessert like a bearclaw

>Has anyone else gotten the impression that people today swear more often on the Internet in general?
People have always been swearing excessively on the internet you fucking retard

I've seen videos in Japanese where some words are bleeped out so I imagine that they're swear words to some extent. And in anime you often hear "shikusho", "kuso", -me", etc that seem to be mild swears that are still fine in kids shows. There's also non-polite ways of saying "you" like "omae" or "kisama" that are sometimes translated as swearing and would probably be considered rude in certain circumstances if you're talking to someone in Japanese even if they aren't really swears.

Don't know, but I imagine insulting someone in Japanese is a lot more subtle than in a lot of other languages. For example, dropping honorifics is something you're only allowed to do when you're very close to someone, otherwise it can be seen as a grave insult. Imagine going to a job intervew and just adressing your potential new boss by his first name. Now magnify this insult by a factor of 100.

WHY IS THERE NO FANART OF BAMBI GODDAMMIT

i know the feel user

They made Zen-Oh speak like a gangsta when he's supposed to speak like an innocent kid.

>and make sure shit doesn't hit the fan
my sides are in orbit

It's like they feel compelled to make everything sound abridged

>the whole thing was friggin' boss

>They made Zen-Oh speak like a gangsta when he's supposed to speak like an innocent kid.
they improved him.
the aggressive nigger speak works so well with his dazed expression

Weird, I'm sure that I read Mangastream as the Bleach chapters were being released, but I remember nothing like this. Did they retranslate or something?

Niggastream would've been perfect with air gear back when it was being scanlated.

They would've had a blast with Agito's dialogue

Black people don't even talk like that.

>Black people don't even talk like that.
yeah but white people pretending to be black people do

Reminds me of Da Boom Crew. Mangastream isn't how black people talk, it's how sheltered white rich folk think black people talk.

It's in public as well. Co workers and strangers will use fuck or shit like its completely normal and without shame. Don't they understand how uncouth and low-class they sound? Please have some respect for yourself people.

There is on twitter if you know where to look.

>not liking the deep complexity that cursing adds to a character
Begone brainlet

youtube.com/watch?v=UFGHBiRjy5M
Bleach has ended for what purpose? It was the reason to live for a someone.

This is the reason we should be boycotting those arrogant bastards at MS right now.

Yeah! We won't buy... Uh... We won't READ their translations anymore and use them as references online!

Yeah they do

I know.

bambi a best

Gigi is better

>we never got a doujin about Gigi pounding the shit out of Bambi
then again almost all Bleach doujinshi have shit art so it might be fine this way

>we never got a doujin about Gigi pounding the shit out of Bambi
Why would we need a doujin for something we saw in the manga?

Give me proof of a black person saying "Kingin' like Kong".

>how an inner city hoodlum in the US would speak.
Amazingly enough, a bunch of manga translating nerds have no fucking idea how a 'hoodlum' would speak, and therefore it sounds ridiculous regardless of their intention. It's better to lose a bit of nuance by omission than to have scanlators ADD nuance that isn't there, because they aren't writers and they can't come up with decent dialogue on their own.

Their shitty translations aren't even half these fuckers problems, their scans are even worse. Anyone got comparisons of raws or offical scans compared to MS's?

I want to see how big it is tho

hahahahahaha

we wuz kangs like kong

oh my sides

>we wuz kangs like kong
I nearly choked on my drink

I wait Viz's HxH because Mangastream one is annoying to read as they seems having hard time to "localize" Togashi expo speak that filled half a chapter in every chapter

Bleach has a dub and he sounded fine. His imposing appearance does more for his character than any love for rape will ever do for him.

>I want to see how big it is tho

Why Mangastream?