Millennial Entitlement at it's finest!!

Millennial Entitlement at it's finest!!

Hiker injured trespassing on someone's property says he wants to sue the owner for setting up a "booby-trap". "B-b-but We took an Uber!". You have to let us trespass on your yard! Listen to this guys reasoning. Holy Shit!

hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37609901/injured-visitor-believes-kaneohe-homeowner-set-booby-trap-to-deter-hikers-from-haiku-stairs

Well, he did take a 6 hour flight just to get there. What do you think, Sup Forums?

>muh millenials

fuck off boomer

you aren't allowed to put booby traps on your property with the hope that trespassers might trigger them

this is federally illegal and then redundantly illegal in most states

>millennial entitlement

Fuck off you old faggot

Fuck off boomer. Retards will be retards

What the hell? Did you faggots just happen to pop over from Sup Forums all at the same time????

Booby traps are illegal, dumbshit.

>Booby trap
>Box with nails sticking out of it, right next to barbed wire.

Get fucked. What is the difference between stringing up barbed wire, and making a diy nail-box?

WHERE IS THE MECHANISM THAT MAKES THIS A TRAP?

IGNORE CAPS LOCK KEYBOARD BROKEN

It was a giant wooden cube with nails sticking out of it, it wasn't a booby trap any more than a barbed wire fence is.

lul

stupid faggot got exactly what he deserved. inna woods they'll just shoot you for trespassing but hawaii is libtarded. surprised they still have a half ass castle law

>Ur old and dumb!!j1

“If you're putting up nails, booby traps on your fence, it's not gonna deter someone who has flown six hours to get there," he said

How are booby traps illegal if you own the property?

Its in plain sight just like the barbed wire. Is the barbed wire a booby trap? No. It's a deterrent and area denial measure just like that box with screws is. Booby traps are TRAPS meant to not be seen and catch unsuspecting people. A box in plain sight is not a trap.

This faggot says because he was so dead set on trespassing, nothing would have deterred him, so why have the box when it could maim or kill someone? BECAUSE THE DETERRENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE THAT IF YOU TRY TO TRESPASS YOU COULD BE MAIMED OR KILLED YOU FAT FUCKING KIKE PIECE OF SHIT.

If this was in America, he's gonna win. It's BS, but he'll still win.

They're illegal because they don't discriminate between targets. For example, it's not okay to have a shotgun rigged up to a tripwire because it could nail a firefighter or search and rescue person or whatever. On the other hand you could have a shotgun rigged up to a webcam and remotely blast intruders, and that would be a totally different story.

Wasn't even a booby trap. It was a deterrent, yet he flew six hours, so, you know.

Makes perfect sense.
>you could have a shotgun rigged up to a webcam and remotely blast intruders
/comfy/ apocalypse

Above was meant for you.

it's in Hawaii and knowing how the judicial system works in Hawaii from living there for 3 years I can almost guarantee he isn't going to sue fucking anyone because he's a random nobody and the Hawaiians literally OWN the judicial system there and they are corrupt as FUCK. they will side with the natives who own the property and tell him to fuck off - which is exactly what should happen.

Hawaiibro here. Stairway is a super popular hike that people do every day, despite the fact that the trail is in poor condition. The people who live near access points to the trail are super salty about it, and have been for literally decades.

Also you can't just booby trap your property and expect no consequences. Katko v. Briney people.

Fuck off with your logic and shit it's getting In the way of my entitlement , asshole

Hopefully the settlement doesn't come out of the state and they have to close another park or something.

The residents of Hawaii have always made it sound like an awful and beautiful place to live

ex Mauifag here

it wasn't a booby trap. and he isn't suing fucking anyone. you know damn well that those property owners likely have uncle and aunty working somewhere in the judicial system and they will tell this soyboy nobody to go fuck himself

just shot and kill that nigger

Simple as that.

it's beautiful land ruined by liberals

But isn't this a deterrent and not a booby trap?

it's awful if you don't know how to act around the locals and if you don't show them respect - otherwise it's total paradise. minus the cost and rampant meth heads.

>Katko v. Briney

sup 1L torts bro

Not if he takes it federal.

i know of people that do this sort of thing in nz. its pretty fun chasing some screaming tourist through the forest at night

he also got out of bed really early to do his trespassing, so there's that too. poor guy should get SOMETHING for his time and trouble!

People that don’t respect private property are not property owners. This indicates one thing: you’re a fucking lowlife.

Grow the fuck up respect private property.

I'm just more upset at his thinking he is entitled to trespass because 1) He flew six hours to Hawaii 2) He took an Uber 3) He woke up at 1 AM just to do it. FUCK THIS GUY.

>big box made out of screws
>better try to climb that
Hmm

incorrect leaf. that little idiot doesn't have the funds for representation to get it to federal and as many other posters have said it wasn't a "boobie trap" it was a fucking deterrent the same as barbwire

Having grown up here, I think it's a great place to live. It's a hard place to move to. It's very culturally different from the rest of the US and people have a hard time adjusting. Transplants stick out like a sore thumb, and it doesn't help that the hordes of drunk marines give mainlanders a bad rap.

Is it a booby trap just because the millennial nigger I’m the video said it was?

That ghetto rigged box was a deterrent with screws is no different than a visible barbed wired fence.

‘Trap implies you didn’t know it was there”

Disrespecting private property is nigger/commie behavior. Stay the fuck out some buy property if want to go on hikes for in social media, nigger lover.

Think so?

>filename

We should confiscate all the land by force from the Indigenous Hawaiians and then herd them into a shitty ghetto somewhere so they can't interfere with white people's vacations. Hawaiians are a sub-human race and should not be tolerated in any way. White people work hard, pay ALL the taxes, and deserve their vacations.

Fuck pain in the ass on an iPad Pro, you guys got the gist.

We've already done that

didn't have many problems with drunk military ppl in maui. planning on moving back this summer. fuck the mainland this place is insane

>t. Fence climbing monkey faggot

This. Here in Texas you eat a bullet.

try saying shit like that in public on the islands brah and you'll get your fucking face smashed in and end up in a cane field or abandoned pineapple field - dead.

can't you just throw him into the surf to be claimed by the God of the Sea aka accidental drowning?

No, if those spikes shot out of the ground when weight was set on the fence, that would be a booby trap

I think his post went over your head.

pretty sure those stairs are illegal to climb anway due to the dangers they impose. didnt ready your article but if someone got fucked up climbing them they deserved it.

Based and checked

wow thanks for you insight completely irrelevant to the thread.

>you could have a shotgun rigged up to a webcam and remotely blast intruders, and that would be a totally different story.
atf banned remote funs because they are cia niggers

I'm not scared of any of your disgusting Island Niggers. I'll say and do what I want...I'm well trained and well armed.

Forget the ghettos...It's time to talk about a more permanent Final Solution....I mean, how dare you speak that way to a strong, superior white man, you fucking ignorant brown monkey?!

this. came to the board to be a crotchety old fuck

better yet send him on a all expenses paid for trip to the lovely area of Puna on the Big Island and let him get acquainted with Pele.

i reread. kek, yeah it did.

Under common law, you still owe trespassers a duty of not trying to intentionally harm them (obviously self-defense is different). You don't have to make your property safe for them, or warn of existing dangers, but you can't create dangers yourself just to hurt trespassers.

>needing stairs to climb a mountain
We have hit peak soyboy levels now

i'm german/irish and kama'aina not local haole but the lavabros are awesome. some of the nicest people i've ever met - also some of the meanest, just like anywhere else on this fuckin planet. didn't catch the sarcasm first time around lul

people literally put barbwire up all the time. how is this any different?

To me, it looks just like a simple fence decoration

Prove that it was a BOOBY trap and not just physical determent akin to barbed wire.

What a fucking faggot. He should have been shot for trespassing.

>Under common law
tell it in common court, idiot!

He said aunty, dudes legit.

Nobody cares about your heritage faggot

whos the cute girl with the tiara?

lol. I'm just being an edgelord. I liked your post. I'm 300+ pounds and can't fight. I mostly just sit at home and play lots of MMOs and spend my parents retirement money.

I don't even like leaving the house.

"Booby traps aren't going to deter people trespassing." Okay, so he's willing to risk his life to get on someone's property.

i'm white therefore i cant be a nigger you fucking jew

zuck

Hawaii is more retarded than California. The kid will win the case and the owner will be shot and his land given to a fat "island native" because muh minority population.

1. It's open and obvious.
2. It's around the perimeter of the property to deter people from entering. It isn't set up in the hopes of punishing people already on the property.

>muh boomer meme
You realize this was a shill op right? Calling someone a boomer. It reeks of lefty faggotry due to their hatred of boomers and them placing the blame on Trump's election on them.
If you fell for it youre an idiot.

Guys, guys, GUYS. Stop fighting, he wasn't White.

>aunty

This guy is from Hawaii for sure. Or maybe the Philippines. And he's right that chubby white cuck isn't going to win any lawsuit against the natives. Everyone there hates white people and doesn't give a fuck what they want.

you're welcome

You're Irish which is worse than a nigger.

hoh dumb fucka no stay akamai try an hop uncles fence got a pokey in da neck brah. shoulda took a right by da roosta follow da liliquoi tree

a booby trap i agree would be too much
but this was hardly a booby trap, it was in plain sight at the top of the fence, no different then the barbed wire.

probably some psy op of a news article. they picked beautiful land, a mean bad guy with "booby traps" and a decent hiker who just wanted to have a look. you're supposed to sympathize with the hiker and come away from reading the article thinking "maybe private lands not such a good idea"

>Entitlement
I fail to see how is this entitlement.

You reckon this tourist was effected by the Vog or is he just a drooling fucking spastic?

Maybe this is splitting hairs but I wonder if you can be sued for keeping guard dogs without a warning sign. Big mean pit bulls like Hulk.

A GIANT FUCKING BOX WITH SCREWS STICKING OUT OF IT ISN'T OBVIOUS?

She works as a bell boy in Honalulu carrying luggage for mainlanders.

God made it beautiful. The residents made it horrible.

Property owners are strictly liable for their dogs attacking people. One of the few exceptions is if they post warning signs.

>be beaner
>try to jump fence like el goblinos of days past
>get impaled in the neck for being a bloodsucker
the irony

Just like the crabs in my exs pussy

in preperation to do away with private land they have to butter up the public with fake news or even real news just reporting on a story that serves their political end goals

If it's obvious, then the trespasser will lose.

user has never seen the local Samoan boys. Beef be his last brah

I need you to read more articles to me.

While I hate entitled faggots like this as much as the next guy, isn't booby trapping stuff like that pretty illegal?

Sadly the guy's probably going to win the suit.

actually in certain states you can be sued for exactly that. the problem here is that the natives literally own the judicial system and they are corrupt as fuck and the kid might just end up disappeared if he tries to press a lawsuit.

vog typically just gives ppl breathing trouble/headaches it can make you a bit "out of it" i suppose. vog fucking sucks

Anyone feeling sorry for this stupid nigger is retarded.

watch the video lmao