This is big fucking news, bad news... this puts me out of a job if it happens

this is big fucking news, bad news... this puts me out of a job if it happens...

Why wont they just let the american steel industry die its natural death. we are no longer the top dog in steel manufacturing, big fucking deal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qMG2sH6qdQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

and to do this under the subject of national security is a joke

shameless bump... this is real pol!

Q predicted this

Instead of tariffs, I dunno why they don't just subsidise it like they do everything.

Who is Q?

me neither. this is some ass backward thinking. it feels like a gasp to bring back the USA of the 1940's

because the (((WTO))) will rule against us.

youtu.be/qMG2sH6qdQY
Honestly this is why I am kind of for it. Although I agree it’s stupid to call it national security. Probably for funding purposes though.

>Why wont they just let the american steel industry die its natural death.
Do you really want all steel to come from China? What kind of a burger are you? We need to produce AMERICAN STEEL, faggot.

What's your job that this could put you out of?

Preserving internal industrial material capacity is a valid national security concern, war material is made of steel and aluminum.

why do we have to make american steel? I work in an industry that is heavily reliant on steel. the MTR's on american steel arent that much better than what you can get from over seas. not to mention hardly worth the price

by doing this to "save" the dying steel industry the US risks causing manufacturing plants to move opp orations overseas

self sufficiency is security, importing is bad when it is avoidable

wartime capacity

id be happy if they subsidized

Industrial HVAC piping. the company is a decent size around 150 employees. this would put most of our suppliers at risk. we already started receiving emails for companies no longer honoring quotes longer than X amount of days due to the uncertainty of this. some even said if it goes through they will close up shop (mind you this is 12 hours after this being made public)

self sufficiency at the sacrifice of what? I think that is out dated thinking. and is war time all the time. we have been at war for the past 20 years

Interesting. I imagine the costs will end up just getting passed along to end customers. HVAC duct demand is probably fairly inelastic... you need what you need for your build regardless of the price and there isn't a lot you can do to change it.

OP smells like a Chinaman doing work for his government. A nation without native steel might as well surrender on day one without a steel industry.

Also Chinese steel is shit, if your supplier isn't you're one of the lucky ones, US and EU companies hey burned all the time by fake chink steel companies.

End globalization.

pic related

>
>Who is Q?
Found the shill