Knowing your generation

I am sick of Gen Y claiming to be Gen X when it is clear that they are the most power puff pussies to grace the earth.

Boomer Generation: 1940-1960
Gen X: !961-1983
Gen Y: !984-2000
Gen Z: 2001-present (2019)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pg9DBCZdTTc
careerplanner.com/Career-Articles/Generations.cfm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you fucked up, gen Y is 1984-1994

I did not fuck up. You were probably born in 1995, which makes you a millennial. You have to live with that, entitled douche bag

nope not 95, I am 99(a month off from 2000) so I have no dog in this fight

fuck, I meant to tag (you)

im 1992 and consider myself a millennial

i also agree, most people my age are fragile faggots who lack willpower. what's the phrase, external lotus of control?

1991, I don't consider myself to be anything, I know that boomers are the worst generation of all time though

Basing gen X v. Y off dates is a meme, we should base it off off of whether or not you remember the cool pure taste of Crystal Pepsi

Spoiler: It's still just corn syrup.

woah watch out here comes a tough rebellious gen x

X Gen best Gen.

grab a drink and let's remember the time before everything turned to shit.
gen Y and Z are invited as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=pg9DBCZdTTc

every generation after 1945 is just adding 20 years to the previous one.

No, faggot. A generation is not 10 years. In the saeculum, a cycle is 20 years (read The Fourth Turning by Strauss and Howe). There are usually defining events that separate generations so that's why not all generations are exactly 20 years. The year 2000 is a good cutoff for gen Y, but I'd argue 9/11/01 would be the best demarcation for Gen Y and Gen Z.

And what about pull tab soda cans?

Gen X had new Coke.
All you need to know...

Gen Y

watch out *Jinco jeans swooshing*
her comes *devil sticks tapping*
the best *ska plays in the backround*
generation

We had the birth of the micro brew and faggots in tights sing rock ballads too.

Raise you hand if you owned a Van Halen 1984 album

Millennials must have a conscious memory of 911, otherwise gen z.

It's September 2, 1945 (end of WWII) to November 22, 1963 (assassination of JFK) for boomers. Gen X starts there and you can argue where it ends but probably when the Challenger blew up on January 28, 1986. Millenials start there and end on September 11, 2001. It's been Gen Z since.

until around 1980 approx. 50% of new born babies were actually boys
by 2020 the number of proper boys will be around 10%, the rest will be some form of faggot, soyboy or girl

Gen X are objective failures wherever you go in the world. Old grandpas with erectile dysfunction and retarded brains.

Id prefer gen x from about 82, anyway the gen meme is a fully kike meme, tho we should still use it. (In reality ppl are not really divided so greatly by age, and many of the changes are by era, so decades are a better paramaterizer)

Year 1 Gen Y reporting in.

This.

Raise both hands if you're the drummer for Def Leppard !

Contrary to popular belief, Generation Y2k, aka 'millennial' started in 1980-81. The entire basis of the definition of this generation was the sudden exposure to the internet and being able to remember the world before the internet. Now, I know that this is tricky, as many gen x'ers experienced this as well. But the real definition of millennial is wrapped in the term itself. They were becoming adults during the y2k scare and witnessed 9/11 in real time as young adults. Generations are not defined by x years that you are born in, they are defined by shared experiences. And the entire point of the term millennial is becoming an adult in the new century, at the time.

>new Coke
and there is a reason why they changed it back.

Math is not your strong subject, is it?

no one gives a fuck boomer

KEK!

Gen Y reporting in.

>Gen Y are powerpuff pussies

Can confirm.

Wait what the fuck? Im born in 1990 and ive always identified as a millinenial. I thought it was 1988 to 1994

You all are idiots. Boomers are 1945 to 1963. Xers are 1963 to 1980. Ys or millenials are 1980 to 1997. 1997 to current year are zers.

Fuck off matt, go sell some worthless shit for your kike masters you disgusting slave

baahahaha

But what if I was dating a gen Y and I am a gen X? Did we share experiences? However, I only faintly remember people that were true hippies and streets without a single Jap car. I grew up in SF.

Gen X are boomer tier.
"Man nothing matters, fuck the system, I'm gonna watch another music video featuring a guy in a cage. Claymation is the coolest shit. I have a black friend, he likes Hootie and the Blowfish just like me"

i'm reffering too here careerplanner.com/Career-Articles/Generations.cfm

I was born in 99, to be fair I dont really feel like a Millenial in the sense that millenials are supposed to be the ones who remember 9/11, and lived a good portion of their life before the internet got more popular with the social medias, so early 2010s, I think the cutoff for Millenial/Z should be somewhere around 95-99

Boomers go to 1965.

>I grew up in SF.

Then your experiences are shared by few. Not many can imagine the wretched filth and stain of humanity that happens there.

You know nothing of the Boomer oppression, little boy. No one beat you with a broom handle because you did not say your prayers or mow the lawn.

Gen X here. Actually, more than half of the people in my "cohort" from HS went on to start their own businesses and were full on capitalists.

You forgot the sarcasm which kind of defines gen x

Get a load of this faggot.

shut it boomer

True True!!! So very true. I have scares that run deep and experiences that you would never believe.

Nah. Boomers like Millenials give too many fucks. Y'all need to chill the fuck out. Watch some videos.

>experiences that you would never believe.

I seriously doubt that

You believe in Chinese horoscopes too then I guess?

Triggered Xers looking more and more like boomers every day. Thank you for proving my point you flannel shirt wearing goobers.

Settle down. Go get some warm milk.

>you flannel shirt wearing goobers.

*looks down at my shirt*
[paranoia intensifies]

2000 was the best year to be born, prove me wrong

Just so you know, you would have had your ass kicked everyday at school. More than likely, you would have been cruising the queer bars at 17 because we would have beat you to faggotry.

You fuck right off with that Boomer shit, faggot.

i got the belt for refusing to mow the lawn

t. 1985

1988 Master Generation here.
I feel sorry for you kids and your Sponge Bob obsession. You never knew the world you will never have.

that isn't exclusive the you millenial faggots, I got beat for doing shit wrong all the time, but instead of being a pussy bitch, I learned from it and overcame.

the baby boom was still going on until around 1964

2000 is the start of Gen-Z you retard.

Listen here you Pauly Shore movie watching Xer faggot, why don't you make like Kurt Kobain and blow your brains out.

t. the eternal "edgy and cool" gen Xer

Yet you are webm related

The world was better at least in the US before 9/11, so no

actually incorrect, look here careerplanner.com/Career-Articles/Generations.cfm

The faggot list a bunch of fucking wikipedia pages as his sources! What a fucking joke. He has interesting points, but his research is shit

These are all good guesses as to the end of millennials but the end of a generation is only seen in hindsight. Strauss is dead but Howe is still actively speaking and doing interviews. He believes that the millennials didn't end in 2001 for a few reasons: first the economy didn't invert until 2009, next is adults and their treatment of children(parents are extremely overprotective now, much worse than parents of millennials) and finally the "epoch" of the crisis hasn't occurred yet. The fourth turning always, ALWAYS, ends with a total war or crisis that is resolved, those that are too young or borderline too young to fight belong to the next generation. 1924/25 is the cutoff for the GI generation because the silent were just a little too young to serve a full tour. This also coincides with my first point, as anyone born after 1925 couldn't remember a world before 1929(or in today's case-2009, 80 years later). The borders are always a bit murky but it's likely that gen Z falls somewhere around 2005. This assumes a crisis beginning ~2020 and ending ~2025, 80 years after WWII. This also coincides with thomas chittum's prediction based on demographics in his book CWII. If and whom america fights is still anyone's guess but very few(including howe) are willing to put forward a prediction.

you wish, that may be you flag burning niggerlovers but not us.

Pauly Shore was gen Y. I stopped watching TV after the first Terminator.

> Pauly Shore movie watching

Do you think it makes me GenX if I associate Winona Ryder with movies of that era and furthermore the first female to make my dick hard?

>this
all i know is that kids dont play outside anymore.

>thinking people born in '83 are vastly different from people born in '84

>doesn't even own a flannel shirt

>mad dog Mattis finds Sup Forums

yeah. because of Cheers.

he also cites pew as well(a very highly regarded research center)

I was born in 85. My first computer had win95 on it. Before that I had to go to my Oma's to use a computer. She lived out in the woods. For every hour I spent on the computer she would make me run a lap outside - roughly 500 meters. Thank god I had a strict German grandmother!

go to bed Johan
you have school in a couple of hours

I see where you're coming from and I have seen others comment on 2005 being the gen Y cutoff, but I really do think 2001 would be the best demarcation of the two gens. There's always going to be differences of opinion on generation splits though so I'm not going to be over zealous about it.

cool
>Oma
Honorary Gen X

Turn yourself in, Canadians by law are required to own at least 20 lbs of flannel clothing and 40 lbs of denim attire. Trudeau will not be pleased Muhammad.
Redpill time, that was the Jew pushing the goth look on kids in the hopes that teen suicides would go up.

I think this is actually the best way of separating the two.

Hey, I'm wearing my Stanfield's. But I never wear my denim jacket if I;m wearing jeans. Tres Gauche!

I’m born in 1984 I identify as gen x

Do you feel like you couldn't give a flying fuck about anything in the media, even nuclear war? Than you are gen X

>that was the Jew pushing the goth look on kids in the hopes that teen suicides would go up.

But all it made me do is look for gloomy little qt stormclouds like Winona's character to marry and make weirdo babbies with. Surely this is not too much to ask

Gen X has a conscious memory of the Berlin wall coming down

Gen Y has a conscious memory of the 9/11... thing.

Gen Z will have a conscious memory of the race war.

Gen Alpha will have a conscious memory of total victory.

Born in '86, whatever that means. I hate "men" my age. I want to beat them to death with my fists. I feel at odds with society and while I'm sexually attracted to goth girls I recognise that as a childish flaw and the Jew as the enemy to western European culture and values, as he has been since the end of the first world war, at least. I'm angry and I hope for war in my lifetime but I know I'll be disappointed by it.

>Gen 1975-1995
>Gen X

I think you are right in your timing of this generation. Those born in those years grew up in the age of internet 2.0 and have been fucked by the various systems of the new jewish empire, what I call the Empire of the Snake: snakes being the symbol of their khazar-derived people. It is only those born in those years that really know what it truly means to be choked by that snake. Those born before or after are unaware of the processes because they are from the worlds before or after it began its constriction.

Raises hand
With the babby smoking a cigarette

>gen xer
You guys all think you're some cool nihilist badass. Really you're all burnouts.

Get fucked.

Just the fact that more people on Sup Forums are finding out about generations and cultural cycles is a great thing. A discussion on the demarcations would have been impossible a year or two ago. The entire board seems to be an incubator for creative thought, expanding beyond reactionary memes to projecting cultural trends and ideas. It's less noisy after the election but I'm noticing more Sup Forums thought entering mainstream society...like it's more intuitive, less cognitive.

Generation X?
more like Generation Edge amirite ladies???

Jewish servants fuck off.

FUCK LIBERAL DEMOCRATS
FUCK NEO-CONSERVATIVES
FUCK JEWS

YES

Good job edgeshit.

You obviously don't understand the entire meaning of the word MILLENNIAL. It's purpose is to describe the generation that came of age during the turn of the millennium, experiencing all the events that took place around y2k and whose lives straddle both millennia.

That's what it is. You pulling some rando dates out of your ass cause of feelings is gay.