Why is this masterpiece not well known in the west?

Why is this masterpiece not well known in the west?
3rd most sold manga in Japan, 500+ chapters but it feels like no one here knows about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

goboiano.com/the-15-best-selling-manga-series-of-2017-so-far/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think the anime didnt help.

It's about chink history and burgers get triggered by that instantly.
They don't want their fantasy to fellate the chinks as well as their real life.

nips having better taste than the west for once. That's rare

No one gives a shit about china besides sinophiles.

>war strategies
>no waifus
>no moeshit
>its about China, not Nippon

If it gets past SnK to 2nd place i think people will begin to notice it.
Otherwise...

I want an english release of this so bad, I'd buy each volume in a heartbeat. I've only felt that way about Berserk.

this, remember that the japanese media fandom in the West is like 90% anime, most people don't give a fuck about the manga.

That said, everybody who DOES read Manga knows Kingdom and seems to like it, if that sort of thing is remotely in their wheelhouse. Obvious 2deep4u fags and moe-only fags won't care, but they're a lost cause and that doesn't reflect poorly on Kingdom at all.

The better question is why Seven Deadly Sins isn't popular in the West, it checks all the boxes for something casual shonenfags can get into. I mean fuck, look how popular Fairy Tail STILL is, and NnT is at least better than that shit.

You're an idiot. You are asking why something entirely about china and not japan is not popular with weebs?

Dynasty Warriors is decently popular. Anime set outside of Japan can be popular, no problem. If anything I'd expect Japan to shun it because of their retarded xenophobia towards all other Asian countries, but why would your average western weeb give a shit which kind of chink he's reading about?

I put the blame for a lack of strong western following entirely on the shitty anime. Remember that the West didn't care about SnK, OPM, JJBA, or BnH until they got popular anime adaptions.

Japs hate modern China but still have the universal East Asian boner for premodern China

Dynasty warriors is only popular with chinese immigrants.
Westerners don't care about china. Interest in japan is stronger by many times than interest in china.

Manga readers know about it

>Westerners don't care about china
Wrong

> Interest in japan is stronger by many times than interest in china.
Wrong, every asian person is "chinese" here and China has always been a big theme in pop culture.

You'll NEVER be japanese you fucking weeaboo, stop trying to hate China just because it's popular in Japan. Every time there's a thread mentioning China or Korea we get butthurt faggots like you.

Chink im telling you as a westerner a real one that westerners do not give a shit about china. It is just an objective fact and nothing to do with hating china or korea Take your propaganda somewhere else you retarded shit.

Nice argument weeaboo. Weeaboos and japs are literally the worst posters on Sup Forums, there's a reason everyone wants to rangeban you

Go back to china. This is an anime board.

Most people just aren't that interested in history shit. It's like politics, the majority of people don't find it interesting.

>everyone wants to rangeban you
How the fuck do you rangeban "weeaboos"? And who the fuck wants to rangeban Japs on an imageboard with an entire set of boards dedicated to "Japanese culture"?

I'm not chinese and you will never be a jap

>This is an anime board
exactly, go back to Sup Forums dumb weeb

An angry chinese shill.

It is well known amongst literally anyone who keeps up with manga. It just doesn't have a good adaption, so it won't get to the next level of western popularity.

Japanese culture is not the same as dumb nationalist japs straight from Sup Forums

That doesn't answer my question.

>Romance of the three kingdoms
>Not featuring Dynasty Warriors character designs

That's why.

You literally said "every asian person is Chinese" claiming Japanese culture as your own. You are a pan asian nationalism wacko.

Literally every board where japs post.

All-Nationz retards shilling

Known about it for years but I never got around to reading it. What makes it a masterpiece, OP?

Japs don't post here. Only annoying other asian neet losers. Sad!

>You literally said "every asian person is Chinese" claiming Japanese culture as your own
I'm not chinese you fucking retard
I said that every asian is chinese to westerners, whenever someone sees a slanted eye they say it's a chink. And I didn't claim anything, also Japanese culture is literally stolen from China, their fucking alphabet should tell you something.

There's a reason they wank over ancient china so much but try to force the meme about current china not being "pure" like ancient china
Just a reminder that japs are literally koreans except for the few that mixed with the ainu

>The better question is why Seven Deadly Sins isn't popular in the West, it checks all the boxes for something casual shonenfags can get into. I mean fuck, look how popular Fairy Tail STILL is, and NnT is at least better than that shit.
Probably the artsyle. The girls just aren't cute enough.

>no waifus
Not true. Yotanwa is my waifu. Strong, incredible leadership, and sexy as fuc

Kaiyokai though is definitely waifu material.

>I'm not chinese you fucking retard
Don't believe you.
>I said that every asian is chinese to westerners
Wrong.

Of course they do, who do you think makes all those Sup Forums threads jerking over japan that are literally made to get translated for All-nationz and the other Sup Forums translation boards?

They even rewrite thread replies and skip by the dozens the ones that say bad things about Japan or tells the OP to fuck off

English teachers. It is a well known fact japs avoid Sup Forums. They have their own chan and Sup Forums is full of dirty non-japanese people.

>Literally every board where japs post.
I have never seen anyone on Sup Forums ask for Japs to be rangebanned.

>>no waifus
What do you think a waifu is?

They do whenever weebs and japs start sperging out about korea and china

Are you retarded? There are a huge number of foreigner reaction sites out there, and they get a lot of comments. It's not all english teachers circle jerking on nip's behalf, you can tell by the blatant nationalistic agenda that it's definitely Japanese people.

Are you retarded? Other sites are not Sup Forums.

Because it's not Bnha, OPM or Snk also the anime is fucking garbage.

Kek.

OPM and BNHA dont even get close to Kingdom sales.
The one which comes behind is a manga about faggot volleyball players.

goboiano.com/the-15-best-selling-manga-series-of-2017-so-far/

>chinese population 5 times bigger than korea and japan combined
>it is unreasonable to think that people generalise asians as chinese
logical deduction you brainlet

Still can't get over Ouki's death.

The West doesn't really know about it.

Actually most best selling manga are unknown if they haven't featured in some long running anime, or have a giant franchise like SnK.

this , the first season and the shitty cg didnt help

They don't. This is something that may have happened last century but not anymore. Everyone is fully aware of the different asian people because of immigration and tv.
You are either incredibly retarded or an idiot.

>Everyone is fully aware of the different asian people because of immigration and tv
No they're not, asians look the same to the untrained eye.

The only ones people differentiate are SEA because they're just tanned chinks

They don't but thats not the point we are talking about culture which is distinctly different.

>They don't
Ok weeb, everyone recognizes the yamato race at first glance.

Get over it, people think asia=china

go back chink

>immigration
yeah and how many korean and japanese immigrate compared to how many chinese? im not sure if you have any social awareness whatsoever but the numbers don't support your argument at all.

>why don't westerners like chinese stuff?!
>chinese op proceeds to be a retarded racist asshole for the entire thread
Wonder why

Im the OP you retard. Im not even asian, im brazilian actually.
Not my fault if Sup Forumstards break into other board to boast about race.

This is an English western site for discussing anime. Stop shitposting here.

>brazilian
Fuck off then. You keep arguing about how you know westerners but you are not western you third world monkey. Stop talking shit about things you have no clue about.

UMA

And Koreans and Chinese are literally Mongols

Im westerner, you dumbfuck.
Go learn geography please. Then you can come back and discuss things like a human being.

Because it's not about our history. It's a great manga, but it's attached to a huge bit of Eastern history that is never touched on in basic Western schooling. The numbers for the battles seems like a lie until you do the research and find out they actually did fight with those numbers back then. Best description I've heard for it is a chinese 300.

Not very japanese, I don't think there's a single Katana in it and there's a shit ton of politics.

I do think it's been one of the best manga out there since about chapter 300 though, the last couple campaigns/arcs have been absolutely godly. Basically ever since Kan Ki and Ou Sen became main characters. I think this might be a part of why too maybe, the manga has its hype in the beginning but once you know the situation that each faction in China is going for and their characters, each war/campaign gets all the more hype and now every chapter is a rollercoaster.

I was reluctant to pick it up at first because since it's historical you're sort of spoiled on which side wins every battle.

Brazilians are not westerners. It excludes the third world you poverty fag.

Hey dude I don't know we're taking about east not west.

*talking fucking auto correct

this had top tier openings/endings but shitty ass pacing and animation.

>I don't think there's a single Katana in it
user, Katanas were derived from a sword style of the chink general who lead a expedition to Japan in the first place, which is amusingly enough in the era of Kingdom, only after Qin unites China. Said chink general was tasked to go to Japan to find the elixir of immortality after being told by a self-proclaimed immortal who apparently pulled off a magic show to convince QSH then disappeared without a trace of him.

Chink general knew it was basically a suicide mission if he returned cause there was no fucking elixir in Japan so he basically put up camp and decided to live there and become the new king. So in actuality, the 'katana' is still possible to be shown in Kingdom, but that guy hasn't shown up yet. It would also be vastly differently from the katana you know mind you, it's gone through a lot of changes over the years.

I think you're misinterpreting my post. I'm saying there's no Katana in it to attract weeaboos who want folded 20 thousand times steel cutting into everything flawlessly. Glaives and broadswords aren't as attractive as Katanas when gaining readers, there's a reason every LN protagonist uses a Katana as their weapon.

I never want the west to know about it, localization is cancer.

I'm not I just wanted to add a tidbit about it. My point is that despite your post being completely correct, Kingdom takes place in the setting that literally originates the Katana, which is amusingly ironic.

I have to say though even though it's totally fucking unrealistic Kingdom does a good job of making glaives look bad ass. The only other series that compares is Ravages of Time which somehow manages to make it more realistic yet even MORE over the top.

Kingdom has horrible coloring. It looks a billion times better in black and white honestly.

>Kingdom does a good job of making glaives look bad ass
No kidding I remember reading the fuck about Glaives after starting Kingdom because this series makes them look so ridiculously good.

What bullshit, Guts and Berserk are immensely popular and a great example of how wrong that assumption is

Because it's western inspired.

He makes the color pages way too colorful I think.

>Feel when eagerly awaiting to see what KanKi's plan is during this battle
That fucker always pulls off the craziest shit.

He also takes history too damn seriously. Just because the records say that the armor is painted all blue doesn't mean you should just make it all monotone. Well no doubt the ancient chinks probably had horrible fashion sense thanks to lacking technology and all that, but still.

On the other hand Ousen manages to look bitching with his color scheme and design. It's like every full shot of him screams "I'm the actual main character of this manga you know? Go read it on wiki"

How would you guys feel if Ousen was actually like King in OPM? All his brilliant plays were all completely unintentional and the reason he's always so mysterious was simply because he was trying to keep a poker face. Ouki would naturally be the Saitama in this case but well he's dead.

>this pic
What it supposed to represent?

Kingdom isn't about Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Hue mental retardation

>giving a shit about inferior designs

DELICIA

Agreed

On a side note I'm worried about the ending.

> I'm worried about the ending
How so?

>Romance of the three kingdoms
this is literally before there any kingdoms

I started following it last year. Its probably been mentioned, but its held back from western otakus because there are no waifus at all, and held back from normies because no (good) anime.

I really like how much the art has improved. Its been interesting watching it progressively get better each chapter. By now he's got as much detail in one panel as he used to have in a whole page.

your logic makes no sense when Japan loves this chinese stuff

He wasn't even originally a mangaka to be fair. Whereas most mangakas started in their teens or younger he started at around college/university. Kingdom wasn't actually doing so hot early on thanks to that. It was Vagabondfag Inoue who gave him advice to change it up a bit that turned the tides on the art style.

Westerners are not Japanese you stupid fuck.

>western otakus because there are no waifus at all
so then why does Japan love it if theres no waifu and no good anime?

if you think America hates China more than Japan hates China you're retarded

>literally just shitposting gibberish.

And now he has the third best selling manga in Japan.
Damn, life is funny.

Same reason Christian literature isn't well known in the east.

Karin pls

>spills spaghetti at kankoku pass
>tries to run to Mougou-sama for back up
>on the way there these crazy ass mountain monkeys happen to run past you and your archers who were totally out of position and was too far away to reinforce your attacked camps
>j-just as planned
>decide to run away afterwards anyways cause it's better to quit while you're ahead
>run right into the back of the karin army when you were trying to hide behind the damn gates thinking it's the safest spot across the battlefields
>wew

Because Japan is fucking crazy over Chinese history and kids and adult men can read about badass battles without needing waifus, unlike most western otaku

>japan hating china
japan hates modern china. the entirety of modern asia however, loves ancient china, especially considering that almost all the culture there originated in china anyway.