How could bandits have possibly killed him? i get that the ending narration wasn't really literal...

how could bandits have possibly killed him? i get that the ending narration wasn't really literal, but would an average sword even pierce his skin?

nigga you high?

>would an average sword even pierce his skin
Yes, he's not immune to damage or any other superhuman feats. He always had to dodge the enemies' attacks and work around their weapon.

>i get that the ending narration wasn't really literal
More than just being literal, it was almost explicitly saying "maybe they died to bandits or died in their sleep, who cares though".

by not literal i meant that it was just dying somehow, not necessarily by bandits, it was just a useful example

and he literally chops swords in half skin to blade, retard

> "maybe they died to bandits or died in their sleep, who cares though".

This, it was just meant to convey that the future of these characters is unknown and doesn't really NEED to be known.

>He always had to dodge the enemies' attacks and work around their weapon.

Except the one time he didn't do

also he faced almost entirely deviant blades, not a shitty bandit sword

and 'no superhuman feats' did you even watch it? he demolished a building

Exactly, the point is to focus on the journey to your goals rather than getting caught up on the success or failure of your goals in the end. So what Shichika and Hitei's final fates end up being don't matter, especially when held up against their journey until the end.

As an aside, this is why HItei and Shichika survived and ended up journeying together. They focused on the sequence of events, while everyone else focused on nothing but the end goal.

Eh. I think it's more that they didn't stake absolutely everything on their goals and were able to move on after failure.

my point wasn't worrying about whether or not shichika lived or died, i realize that the point is that it doesn't matter

it was very specifically just about the feasibility of him theoretically being killed by bandits

Hey, it's not like Shichika's going to be in peak physical form forever.

But again, it literally doesn't matter, the point is that we don't know.

He could get old or out of practice, that would be entirely believable (see Joseph in JoJo's Part 3).
As far as Shichika getting killed by bandits within a few decades of the series end? No, I really can't see it. Especially because he's entirely not the kind of character to stop working out or practicing his arc during more peaceful times.
I would argue that the eventual introduction of gunpowder to Japan might take him down, but we saw how well he was able to handle the Entou Jyuu, so even that's implausible.

it's a hypothetical question that goes beyond the moral of the story though, it's not really a katangatari story question, i was honestly asking something more like a power level question

ie i'm not worried about if he died to bandits or not, just if from an outside perspective whether or not that specific example would be physically possible, very autistic indeed

Was about to watch this, thanks for the spoilers

among many other feats

it was a hypothetical, the short answer is that he doesn't get killed by bandits

Sorry that OP spoiled a one-off narrative musing about his ambiguous fate post-story, truly all possible value of the series has been robbed from you, what a disaster.

Don't go onto threads on Sup Forums about a show without expecting spoilers, dumbass.

blame the catalog

the legends about the deviant blades were grossly exaggerated. the first sword was an unbreakable sword and snapped as easily as shichika desired it so. same with all the other swords in the last episode. still, he's been shown to have been pierced by bullets and had his arm broken by them. there's no reason to believe that he's somehow invulnerable to normal weapons just because there isn't a legend attached to them.

OP's post is not a spoiler, if you'd read the full sentence you'd know it was something non-literal that the narrator said. You've probably spoiled yourself even more just by entering the thread.
Also it finished 6 years ago.

>greatly exaggerated
>guns that shoot infinite bullets

hmm

Nah it's the only thing I've accidentally seen and didn't bother to read anything else. I guess the show's good then.

so? the whole point of the last episode was to demonstrate that it's not the deviant blades that were strong but the users who were wielding them. the question to ask is not if he could be hurt but rather if there was anyone left capable of hurting him.

ok but they were literally guns with infinite bullets anyone can shoot

And even though they were wielded by an extremely competent fighter, Shichika crushed them.

also just because a sword requires a strong user doesn't make the blade weak, a regular sword is never going to be anything like hakuto hari in really skilled hands, it's irrefutable that the swords are incredibly powerful, it matters not that they require strong hands

shichika was literally a human deviant blade, so you're only proving yourself wrong

> that it's not the deviant blades that were strong but the users who were wielding them.

Actually it was more conveying that Shichika himself was just stronger than the deviant blades assuming that he didn't need to hold back and not break the swords.

He outright says that each of the deviant blades has a critical flaw or was being used in a way that wasn't conveying it's true strength.

Shichika IS the perfected deviant blade after all, it makes sense that on an objective level he is stronger than them.

I think they mention that the reason he was able to break the first deviant blade was because he himself was a deviant blade, and only "more advanced" deviant blades could break that particular blade.

Shichika isn't immune to bullets and Japan engaged in trade with the Spanish around that time.

>bandits with an average sword as i mentioned in the post
>an army of spaniards with guns

wow turns out that wasn't what i was talking about. also i doubt guns like that would even hit him, and he lived after getting shot dozens of times with modernish rounds with no real medical tech

Robot sword best waifu

What? Are you retarded? The spanish brought guns and regularly traded them to people outside of the Japanese ruling class of the time. There's numerous accounts of banditry with early firearms.

And Modern rounds do significantly less damage than a round from an Arquebus would. They shot literal cannonballs.

is togame also a deviant blade?

either way, if you seriously think the second strongest person ever with 2 infinite bullet semi auto guns can have plenty of bullets miss due to his speed but one of those guns is going to hit him in the head, you're a retard

Did you miss literally the entire point of the arc with the sword girl, and Shichika getting beat by the ice girl? Even the greatest warrior in the world can be killed by a complete amateur who gets lucky.

>a being infinitely stronger than any humans
>using a sword that he specifically can't use in the sword fight

wow really makes you think, you fucking retarded nigger

Shichika WON because he couldn't use the sword properly you ape.

retard among retards

it wouldn't be the only deviant blade useless in combat though

Swords can't love swords!

I am still sad.

the more you like her the more painful this series was, I don't know why such a cruel fate was necessary