Written by Urobuchi

>written by Urobuchi
will this be the greatest anime of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

godzillamovie.com/media/snd/Godzilla_ROAR.mp3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope so

GARDZIRAAA

Why is gojira composed to braided rope?

Because he's a 20,000+ year old metallic plant hybrid here

Is that an elf in the back?

This is already looking bad.

>Urobutcher
oh boy

No.
He's Xilien

the character designs remind me of modern fire emblem, is the same guy doing working on this?

Name five things wrong with what you've seen so far.

the twist is that godzilla was just a man in a suit

Everyone dies. Even Godzilla.

Taiwanese puppetry has already saved anime.

>Godzilla by Urobuchi

I'm ready for the healing to begin

it's supposed to covey the feelling of being incredibly ancient and both animal and plant

>full 3D
It's shit.

Is Hanakana is going to be the real star of the show like with Psycho-Pass?

looks like a weird mix of legendary-goji and shin

>The most violent and genocidal Godzilla
>They gave him a shit eating grin

Is he laughing at us?

That surely can't be all there is to him. It's an Urobuchi movie. I expect an Urobuchi style twist near the end of it. 50 bucks says that Godzilla turns out to be a human/plant fusion gone wrong. Most Urobuchi villains turn out to be humans in the end. Madoka had witches, Gargantia had Hideauze, Psycho Pass had Sibyl. I think Godzilla will follow that trend and have him actually be made of humans this time around. Maybe even an actively sentient hivemind like the Sibyl System.

Nah we already have our protagonist Haruo voiced by Miyano. Unless he's the Kogami here and dies at the end of the first film and the rest of the trilogy is carried by HanaKana's character.

I doubt it, but it's possible if the humans that were left on earth to get affected by Godzilla's DNA to turn into kaijin-like monsters.

what the hell
elves in japan?

One of the details that's been revealed is that the other shit they encounter are genetically identical to Godzilla, so Godzilla might literally be the planet Earth.

He's from a race of aliens called Exif and they have a societal structure similar to a religious order.
The angry dude is also from an alien race called Bilsard, they're a logical and skeptic race. Most of them swap their organic organs with artificial ones.

The other characters are all from different nationalities, Haruo and Hanakana are the only japs.

>12FPS CGI
JAPS
NO
STOP
PLEASE STOP

Wait .. there are aliens?
Whut?

Are you new to the Godzilla franchise?

THIC

2 races of aliens.
A multinational cast of characters.
Plant/metal Godzilla.
Godzilla's retarded babies.
Like 10 other kaiju that were named dropped when Goji first invaded earth.
Something about mechagodzilla city.

A lot of shit is going on.

nah. he's crying

>shit CG
>Godzilla looks like some stupid blob monster in the trailers
>Shit CG
>Shit CG
>Shit CG

Who?

I had not idea this was happening. I fucking love Godzilla, this is right up my alley. This is amazing.

The recent Shin Godzilla movie was pretty neat. Had it's slow moments but all in all I really enjoyed a different look on the whole thing, with humans squabbling amongst each other, struggling to form any kind of coherent response to the king od monsters.

Although i do love how the most recent US based Godzilla moview looked and sounded:

godzillamovie.com/media/snd/Godzilla_ROAR.mp3

>Like 10 other kaiju
mite b cool
itll at least be entertaining

If they're shown it might in the second movie.
I'm curious if they're still alive or Goji killed them all, because the timeline does mention him killing two unnamed kaiju.

Urobutcher is shit. Fight me.

>Urobutcher is the shit.
Fix'd

That shit was incredibly tightly written. Every small thing was given closure.

>3D
To the trash it goes.

He said it's his ideal medium. He's usually reluctant about writing sequels but he written S1 with the hope of writing more.
When he cares he does well.

Nope. He looks sad. Seriously I wonder what humans did to him to kick them out of earth.

I would've agreed with you years ago but now the nips are getting gud faget, like this Was barely noticeable.

Muh environment.
Truly the Aronofsky of anime.

Will Godzilla have girl as cute as Angela?

So Godzilla is people now?

IIRC so far there has only been like one female character announced and you see her in the poster.

Shin Godzilla was great. Best thing to happen to the franchise in ages. Literally the most popular Japanese Godzilla film since the 60s.

That, or they also did something to him that big G considers very personal. It's not the first time Godzilla rampages because humans did to him something really painful either directly or indirectly.

I don't know. However, he is the dominant life-form on Earth. All efforts to destroy him failed and his attacks became so devastating humanity abandoned Earth for the stars. Things didn't go accordingly so now they're returning to reclaim the Earth only to find that 20,000 years have gone by and the environment has changed drastically in their absence.

so, its a sequel of Shin Godzilla?

>CGI

The growing trend for it in Japan is concerning. It already killed western Animation.

>America finally made a good Godzilla movie
>Shin Godzilla was great
>now Urobuchi is gonna urobutcherize Godzilla

Glad the monster is getting the treatment he deserves

>America finally made a good Godzilla movie
No they didn't.

The U.S. Godzilla movie was fucking trash. Muh soldier trying to get home story ruined the whole damn film. The only good scene in the movie was the final battle.

Poor Godzilla looks like a senile old man.

Gojira is overrated.
I want a Mothra anime.

>Poor Godzilla

I'm fucking sure they're doing this on purpose. This Godzilla is going to be evil incarnate for the humans.

well 20000 years have passed since he kicked the pesky humans off his lawn

At worst the US Godzilla movie was mediocre, but not trash. Probably the coolest version (visually) of Godzilla.

I haven't seen shin, but US GZ was pretty sweet

My issue was how much of a non-issue the MUTOs were to literally everybody involved.

Shin is like a 8/10 and that's saying a lot since it's a Godzilla movie.

2 and half hour monster movie have about 14minutes of monster in it, you can't defend that, and these 2 hours are also boring as fuck, the movie was terrible.

He's already set to be the most evil and actually actively genocidal Godzilla in the franchise. Almost all previous incarnations of Godzilla were misguided and tormented animals or downright heroic characters. The only evil Godzilla before this was GMK and even it didn't do much damage to humanity overall. This one is set to cause a fucking extinction event. I'm sure "poor Godzilla" won't be so poor when the movie comes out.

>Sequel will have Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan
How will Hollywood ruin them?

How is Neo Yokio considered not an anime but this is? Explain.

>get excited by the new genocidal Godzilla
>gets reminded that it's CGI and it's a Netflix anime

Damn

More human dramas
Less monsters scenes

>made by americans with help of some japanese studios
>made by japanese studio

What is the best design and the best movie?

Shin Godzilla is just the best.

I'm sorry I ever doubted Anno.

>the best design
BioGoji
>the best movie
Original and Shin

But Gareth Edwards isn't directing it anymore, he's the one who loves that kind of direction.

Yeah. They've completely abandoned Edwards' sensibilities. Legendary is promising a lot more monster action and there has even been hints at changes to Godzilla's design. Godzilla '14 was forgettable at best.

GMK and GMK.

I'm hyped for Anigoji because it seems to portray Godzilla as a genocidal entity.

>The best design

This is probably an unpopular opinion but Legendary Godzilla for me has the best design. It has this majestic feel and look to it that befits the King of Monsters. I'm glad Urobuchi is taking cues from the Legendary design. It's probably the best looking design for Godzilla. Shin fits the original idea behind Godzilla (a nuclear abomination) more but as far as design alone goes, Legendary has it beat.

>The best movie

That's probably the original. It was good enough to spawn an entire franchise that is not only popular domestically but internationally as well. The themes behind the 1954 one were pretty good as well. I'd say Shin is its closest match. The Legendary design was good, but the movie plot itself is just generic Hollywood blockbuster shit. Nothing new there.

Honestly, if it's liek the Kong movie, I would be very satisfied, I really liked that movie, humans get enough time but the main focus is the monsters fighting, but the 2014 Godzilla was shit in that regard, IDGAF about that pussy little marine and his wife, show me the kaiju action FFS, also Bryan Cranston dies at the beggining, what a ripoff.

To this day, 2014 Godzilla has the most blue balls hype killer scene in movie history, the Hawaii reveal to be exact.

Someone please make a Virgin Shin vs. Legendary Chad edit of user's pic related.

>human drama
>in a monster movie

literally the gayest shit ever.

I hope you`re kidding, I can tell that`s 3D from miles and the hair looks jaggy as fuck, when they do somethin in 3D they should do a design that works in three fucking dimensions, if not, it looks akward as fuck, like the Sailor Moon crystal transformation scene, fuck that shit.

the artist really failed to capture the majesty of the original Godzilla in this image

If you make the movie too much about the monsters, you can only end up with shlock or an entertaining movie. You need that human drama or else it won't work.

Except the human drama was shit, and therefore even less worthwhile than monsters bitchslapping each other for entertainment value.

That's the problem, it's very difficult writing a kaiju movie script. 99% of the time you end up with human characters that aren't fun at all to watch.

You motherfuckers have literally never watched a Godzilla movie, have you?

90% of every Godzilla's run time is a bunch of boring japs running around at ground level doing fuck all, in a plodding meandering plot about trying to do something really basic that Godzilla keeps interrupting. Replace that with American soldier man and that's Legendary Godzilla.

Incorrect. The complaint about screen time is valid. Legendary's Godzilla has one of the smallest amounts of screen time for Godzilla ever in one of the longest Godzilla films ever. Most of the screen time is contained within the last twenty minutes and half of said overall time is teasing. Whenever he isn't visible he has no presence and can effortlessly be written out altogether.

The Japanese films usually feature ensemble casts. Godzilla 2014 basically drops every other character besides the boring military man by the second act. The Japanese films also better balance the time with the monsters. They're usually also thirty minutes shorter than G14.

I saw this in theaters and thought, "Anno you cheeky bastard don't think I missed that Asuka and the Decisive Battle remixes."

>saw this in theaters

You fucking weeb

>godzilla is a tree of hatred
Godzilla clearly enjoys the best Final Fantasy.

>weeb
tired insult is tired

But he's already working on Thunderbolt Fantasy S2.

It was actually one of the best theater experiences I've had in a while. I luckily had a great crowd who were genuine fans of either Godzilla or Anno and were super respectful, even during the goofy lampry parts. The Your Name and One Piece promo at the start was kinda awkward to see but I had a great time nonetheless.

S2 of TBF is going to be even better than S1!

I just want him to save Kamen Rider again.

Shin laser scene was so awesome!

But if you are going to write human drama, then at least make it good. Godzilla 2014 wasn't good in that aspect, the monsters fight was the highlight of that film though there wasn't a lot of it. It really felt like a giant tease.